Hacked again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
    They are gone now. But it was just basic jibberish. Random use of letters and numbers for the title, and then in the body of the post as well. I found them in each category first thing this morning.. The username was also jibberish (No coherent name whatsoever). I figured it was a delayed April Fools joke actually..
    We have a spam filtering system that works pretty well but I think it was broken during the most recent hack. We have been deleting at least 40-50 new threads per day but almost all have been put in the moderation queue so most of you would never see them. I did a reinstall on the spam filter this morning and beefed it up a bit so hopefully that will fix things.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      We have a spam filtering system that works pretty well but I think it was broken during the most recent hack. We have been deleting at least 40-50 new threads per day but almost all have been put in the moderation queue so most of you would never see them. I did a reinstall on the spam filter this morning and beefed it up a bit so hopefully that will fix things.

Ahh.. Must of come through during the reinstall or something. That has to be a pain..

Comment

Why not just suspend new user registrations altogether?
        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Also, dial back on certain existing users.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
            Ha. Tempting.

There are more draconian measures we can take.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

FWIW, I'm seeing the same ads in tapatalk I started seeing just before we were hacked last time.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

You're like a tsunami warning sensor bobbing out there in the ocean.

I'm heading to higher ground.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  FWIW, I'm seeing the same ads in tapatalk I started seeing just before we were hacked last time.
                  I see them too, in tapatalk.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Something weird is going on. Every thread I read shows that there are additional subsequent pages in the thread, even when I know I'm reading the post recent page/posts in the thread.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      Something weird is going on. Every thread I read shows that there are additional subsequent pages in the thread, even when I know I'm reading the post recent page/posts in the thread.
                      I think it has to do with Topper's demise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        Everything is fine. Move along now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Everything is fine. Move along now.
                          Like I would ever trust the government. Ha!
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

• Are we back?

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                              Are we back?
                              We are back!

Sorry everyone. Not a hack, I just screwed up applying a security patch, so we had to restore from a backup.

Comment

• Try not to let that happen again, JL. I mean, what the hell am I supposed to do at work all day?!
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X