Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Skip True Blood. It is awful.
    But your wife will love it.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

SWEETNESS!! I am excited to watch a good amount of those. BoB, Wire..

I think I'll just skip around in some of these seasons.

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Start at the beginning. The Sopranos, followed by the Wire.
    Wasn't Oz before the Sopranos?
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

And Band of Brothers for sure.

Skip True Blood. It is awful.
    The first 2, 2 1/2 seasons to True Blood were fun. We stopped watching last year it got a little confused.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Wasn't Oz before the Sopranos?
    I meant the first good one.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I have a dumb question. We have Amazon Prime for shopping, but I've never used the streaming function. As Apple TV owners, is there any other way other than airplay to stream something through Apple TV?

Flight of the Conchords. Excellent news.
    Not that, sickos.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
    I have a dumb question. We have Amazon Prime for shopping, but I've never used the streaming function. As Apple TV owners, is there any other way other than airplay to stream something through Apple TV?
    Jailbreak your AppleTV; I don't think AppleTV offers an amazon prime app, sadly.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Jailbreak your AppleTV; I don't think AppleTV offers an amazon prime app, sadly.
    Does this not work with AppleTV?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amaz...545519333?mt=8

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
    Sell your Apple TV (they fetch a pretty good price) and buy a Roku. You can thank me later.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Looks like that app is only available on iPhone and iPad.

I think JL has the best solution.. However, I ended up getting a Sony BR DVD player with wifi capability that accepts the same apps as roku. My main issue is that the CBS shows I watch have been removed from being able to watch via this app. I have to go "online" to watch it.. Same as NBC, FOX, ABC.

My biggest pet peeve on my Samsung Galaxy acquisition - no Amazon Instant Video app. They may be taking a page out of the Comcast book, trying to drive sales of the Kindle Fire:

Although we do have an application for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, Amazon Instant Video is currently not supported on Android devices outside of the Kindle Fire at this time.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comm...why_theres_no/

Despite Amazon Instant Video working on the company's own tablets, the retailer has chosen to render its app useless for the majority of users on the most popular mobile platform in the world.
    http://betanews.com/2012/12/21/amazo...re-is-a-catch/
    Last edited by Pelado; 04-23-2014 at 02:52 PM.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    Amazon Prime to start streaming some HBO shows. Great news for those of us too cheap to buy HBO. It does not include all shows, but does include many, such as:

Boardwalk Empire
    Treme
    True Blood
    Band of Brothers
    Big Love
    Deadwood
    Flight of the Conchords
    Oz
    The Pacific
    Rome
    Six Feet Under
    The Sopranos
    The Wire

Starts on May 21.
    Its official!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Its official!

But only the first season of each series streams for free with Amazon Prime. BFD.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

But only the first season of each series streams for free with Amazon Prime. BFD.
    I just started episode 1 of season 6 of the Sopranos.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I just started episode 1 of season 6 of the Sopranos.
    Whoops. My bad. Operator error!

I've been watching Family Tree lately, which is a show I tried to find through usenet for quite a while. I'm really liking it, definitely worth a watch. Chris O'Dowd is terrific.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Yesterday I watched the ASIP episode where they go to their class reunion.

I've been watching Family Tree lately, which is a show I tried to find through usenet for quite a while. I'm really liking it, definitely worth a watch. Chris O'Dowd is terrific.
    I was going to start this last night but then I decided to watch everything is Sunny in Philadelphia. I'll have to give this a shot when that's over. I have liked him in everything I have seen him in.
    Last edited by BigPiney; 06-05-2014 at 10:28 AM. Reason: freaking tapatalk

Fargo (the movie)
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

I'm most of the way through Season 1 of Six Feet under. It's good, but I don't know if it's good enough to watch 5 more seasons. I do like Peter Krause, though, and I feel like this role is the perfect precursor to his role as Adam Braverman.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Oz has an episode where, on film, one of the prisoners spreads his butt cheeks. Yes, they show it.

BOO.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

I watched the whole first season of the Drunk History tv series last night.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Watched Season 1 of Sopranos. Too many scenes inside Bada Bing. Not sure my wife will let me finish the series, although I am fascinated by Tony and Olivia.

Started Big Love. The wives all drive me crazy for different reasons. I can't tell if that's because they're nailing or bombing their characters.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Amazon Prime Music!!!!!!!

Amazon Prime Music!!!!!!!

What is it? Spotify competitor?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

What is it? Spotify competitor?
    It's like their Prime Video, but with Music. Anyone with a Prime membership now has access to a select catalog of music that can be streamed for free. Whole albums, singles. You can create playlists with it. Music you select stays in the AWS cloud so it can be streamed on any device via their app or on a computer. The library isn't nearly as extensive as Spotify, but I am sure it is just a matter of time before it is. Pretty slick so far.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    It's like their Prime Video, but with Music. Anyone with a Prime membership now has access to a select catalog of music that can be streamed for free. Whole albums, singles. You can create playlists with it. Music you select stays in the AWS cloud so it can be streamed on any device via their app or on a computer. The library isn't nearly as extensive as Spotify, but I am sure it is just a matter of time before it is. Pretty slick so far.
    You can download any prime sing to your phone or tablet for offline listening. Great addition to prime!

Finally finished Southland last night. Man, what a horrifically depressing final two episodes. It will be a few weeks before I muster up the courage to finish Breaking Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    Finally finished Southland last night. Man, what a horrifically depressing final two episodes. It will be a few weeks before I muster up the courage to finish Breaking Bad.
    You definitely need to finish Breaking Bad.
    Not that, sickos.