Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I'm also bothered by how they skewers the Mormon senator and his family. It's not that the skewering itself is offensive--Mormondom is a very target-rich environment--but Trudeau isn't very well-informed and he sees Mormons like any other evangelicals (e.g., the weird prayer offered by the wife when the senator returned home from Bagram, the cross on the daughter's dorm room wall at BYU, their religious vocabulary, etc.). I'll probably stick with the series for a while, but it's not great.
    It certainly doesn't ring exactly true. I can't imagine it would be difficult to get some disaffected Mormon to consult on these things. I'll bet Niku would do it for a case of whatever wine his wife is loving right now.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Its Amazon Pilot Season again. I love this model of turning out 5 or 6 shows and letting audiences decide. Some potentially good shows again this year, with The Man in the High Castle looking like the best.

http://www.geekwire.com/2015/review-...e-train-wreck/
      Its taken me a bit longer to get to these. So far, so not good. I watched Down Dog and Salem Rogers: Model of the Year 1998. They are both bad, but Salem is a new level of bad. Salem is not only not funny, she's incredibly annoying. And co-starring Rachel Dratch? Dratch?! This show has no chance.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Just watched Mad Dogs. This one was really good and very suspenseful. I hope it gets picked up. (not much of a review, but I hope someone else watches).

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• 10 episodes of Bosch dropped today.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
            10 episodes of Bosch dropped today.
            Nice, been waiting for that one. So you can binge stream them?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Been sick all weekend, so binge watched Transparent. It was enjoyable enough. The characters are all sorts of messed up.

Mad Dogs and Man in the High Castle have been picked up for full seasons.

Comment

Been sick all weekend, so binge watched Transparent. It was enjoyable enough. The characters are all sorts of messed up.

Mad Dogs and Man in the High Castle have been picked up for full seasons.
                Sweet! Haven't watched Man in the High Castle, but I enjoyed Mad Dogs.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

10 episodes of Bosch dropped today.
                  I'm about 8 episodes through Bosch. I liked the pilot, then it slowed down for a few episodes before picking back up. Basic story line is there is a serial killer on the loose and a cold case about involving the death of a 12 year old boy. The cases might be related and Bosch is working both. Acting is good, not great. Dialoge suffers sometimes. Sort of how I feel about Connelly's novels.

I was expecting a little more from Jamie Hector (Marlo from The Wire) as Bosch's partner. Maybe its the writing for the character. Anyway, I guess the best sign that is that I usually want to start another episode when the first one ends.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The best movie of 2014 is streaming on Amazon Instant Video

http://www.amazon.com/Meet-Mormons-J...et+the+mormons

Comment

The best movie of 2014 is streaming on Amazon Instant Video

Interesting list of movies in the "Customers Who Watched This Item Also Watched" section. I recognized a lot of the pictures and people, but have not ever heard of most of the movies. Except the one about Sooner.

I assume the board remembers that I was the one who introduced you all to the host of this movie, over 4 years ago, as a potential girlfriend for Ox. Sadly, he didn't take me up on it, and she has since married. :-( Or maybe not so sadly, as it later came out that Marsupial knew her and vouched for her, which of course means she is likely to start drinking beer and posting on Facebook about Starbucks and such.

I would link to the thread but I don't want JL to call me creepy again.

Comment

The best movie of 2014 is streaming on Amazon Instant Video

That is not free.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                          Interesting list of movies in the "Customers Who Watched This Item Also Watched" section. I recognized a lot of the pictures and people, but have not ever heard of most of the movies. Except the one about Sooner.

I assume the board remembers that I was the one who introduced you all to the host of this movie, over 4 years ago, as a potential girlfriend for Ox. Sadly, he didn't take me up on it, and she has since married. :-( Or maybe not so sadly, as it later came out that Marsupial knew her and vouched for her, which of course means she is likely to start drinking beer and posting on Facebook about Starbucks and such.

I would link to the thread but I don't want JL to call me creepy again.
                          cool story, bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                            cool story, bro.
                            I am not sure you really think it is all that cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                              I am not sure you really think it is all that cool.
                              I wouldn't have said it was cool if I didn't think it was cool. Now I've always thought well of you, Clark Addison. But now that you're questioning my integrity I'm about ready to change my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                                That is not free.
                                Never said it was...

Comment

Working...
                                X