Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
    We should start a thread for recommendations of shows brock should start watching in the middle.
    No need. I browse the Critics Corner for shows with substantial pages and I know I've hit the jackpot..

I will say this. I have stayed clear of the thread entirely.. I am sure that will in some minor way please JL..

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Comment

I am mostly laughing at how my brain thinks that really is JL. ^ I know it's not but to me it is somehow. I should adopt a persona on here people can look at and think is me.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
          I am mostly laughing at how my brain thinks that really is JL. ^ I know it's not but to me it is somehow. I should adopt a persona on here people can look at and think is me.
          I'm pretty sure that everyone thinks of this picture when they read my posts:

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

I thought you had stopped curling your hair.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

More like this.

Comment

Two new Amazon pilots announced for their third round, both of which sound pretty interesting.

I guess what surprises me most is the names that are increasingly attached to these non-cable shows, which suggests that this is the future of television.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/amaz...s-hand-of-god/

The Cosmopolitans

Written, directed and produced by Academy Award nominee Whit Stillman (Metropolitan, Barcelona, The Last Days of Disco), The Cosmopolitans follows a group of young American expatriates in Paris searching for love and friendship in a foreign city. The dramatic comedy pilot stars Adam Brody as “Jimmy,” Chloë Sevigny as “Vicky,” Carrie MacLemore as “Aubrey,” Dree Hemingway as “Camille,” Freddy Åsblom as “Fritz,” Shaun Evans as “Hal,” and Adriano Giannini as “Sando.” The Cosmopolitans begins shooting this week in Paris.
                Hand of God

Marking the television debut of renowned filmmaker Marc Forster (Monster’s Ball, Finding Neverland, World War Z) and written by Ben Watkins, Hand of God stars Golden Globe winner Ron Perlman in his first lead television role since Sons of Anarchy as “Judge Pernell Harris.” Hand of God also stars Dana Delany as the Judge’s protective wife “Crystal Harris,” Garret Dillahunt as “KD,” the born-again sociopath, whose violent tendencies are exploited by Pernell, Andre Royo as the slick, smart, gregarious, and greedy mayor “Robert ‘Bobo’ Boston,” Alona Tal as Pernell’s grieving daughter-in-law “Jocelyn Harris,” Julian Morris as the questionable preacher “Paul Dobson,” Elizabeth McLaughlin as the preacher’s sultry girlfriend “Alicia,” and Emayatzy Corinealdi as Pernell’s call girl / confidante “Tessie.” The show centers on the powerful Judge Harris, a hard-living, law-bending married man with a high-end call girl on the side, who suffers a mental breakdown, and goes on a vigilante quest to find the rapist who tore his family apart. With no real evidence to go on, Pernell begins to rely on “visions” and “messages” he believes are being sent by God through Pernell’s ventilator-bound son. Forster, Watkins, Perlman, Wilkins and King serve as Executive Producers, and Jillian Kugler as co-Executive Producer.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Orphan Black, season 1.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Amazon Prime to start streaming some HBO shows. Great news for those of us too cheap to buy HBO. It does not include all shows, but does include many, such as:

Boardwalk Empire
                    Treme
                    True Blood
                    Band of Brothers
                    Big Love
                    Deadwood
                    Flight of the Conchords :rockon1:
                    Oz
                    The Pacific
                    Rome
                    Six Feet Under
                    The Sopranos
                    The Wire

Starts on May 21.
                    Last edited by Clark Addison; 04-23-2014, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                      Amazon Prime to start streaming some HBO shows. Great news for those of us too cheap to buy HBO. It does not include all shows, but does include many, such as:

Boardwalk Empire
                      Treme
                      True Blood
                      Band of Brothers
                      Big Love
                      Deadwood
                      Flight of the Conchords :rockon1:
                      Oz
                      The Pacific
                      Rome
                      Six Feet Under
                      The Sopranos
                      The Wire

Starts on May 21.
                      Sweet!

Comment

Wow! I've seen most of those, but still!
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          Wow! I've seen most of those, but still!
                          I've seen none of them. Where should I start?

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                            I've seen none of them. Where should I start?
                            Start at the beginning. The Sopranos, followed by the Wire.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              Start at the beginning. The Sopranos, followed by the Wire.
                              And Band of Brothers for sure.

Skip True Blood. It is awful.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                And Band of Brothers for sure.

Skip True Blood. It is awful.
                                Oh, I have seen Band of Brothers. That's the only one.

Comment

Working...
                                X