Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched the first episode of The Romanoffs. Critics have largely disliked it, but I enjoyed episode 1, maybe because it was set in Paris and having just been there I enjoyed that feeling of “hey, I was standing right there” as they cruise around the city. Each episode will feature a different cast and setting. Episode 1 featured BYU’s own Aaron Eckhart. Not sure if he had any say in the writing, but there was a scene where he mentions his mother getting “sucked into Mormonism” after his father died and that she “mostly uses it as a way to show that she’s better than everybody else.”

Comment

• Just finished Man in the High Castle. It started a little slow and picked up. You have to be patient with this season.

Kids is a narcissistic SOB. I hope he dies and may it be an agonizing death..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
        Just finished Man in the High Castle. It started a little slow and picked up. You have to be patient with this season.

I may have to watch this. They filmed one of the episodes in the alabama hills, just 40 minutes from my house.

Ironman was also filmed there as well as the best movie ever, Tremors.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
          I may have to watch this. They filmed one of the episodes in the alabama hills, just 40 minutes from my house.

Whoah.. This location plays a major role in one of the episodes. It is hard not to forget the scene..

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
            Whoah.. This location plays a major role in one of the episodes. It is hard not to forget the scene..

The local newspaper ran a full page article today about the filming. It looked interesting.

Comment

Tremors was a documentary, filmed in Perfection, Nevada. Not far from Bixby.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                Wait. You mean those creatures are real?!

Comment

my kids and I went out there at spring break to see where these momentous events occurred.

It was fun climbing on these specific rocks. unfortunately the poles were not there.

Comment

my kids and I went out there at spring break to see where these momentous events occurred.

It was fun climbing on these specific rocks. unfortunately the poles were not there.
                    Man in the High Castle, only 2 degrees of separation!
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

I'd love to bring home some of the pleistocene alluvials to keep in my office.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The Romanoffs episode 3 came out Friday and I saw about half of it a couple nights ago (they're like 1 hour 20 min so, yeah, tough to watch in one sitting). I'm nearly certain that whoever wrote the episode was heavily influenced by the 2016 novel "We Eat Our Own". I did a google search and can find no evidence of admitting that influence with writing credits or "based on" credits. Perhaps so few people read that book that it was unnecessary to give credit to or pay the author for incorporating significant ideas from her work?

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                          Watched the first episode of The Romanoffs. Critics have largely disliked it, but I enjoyed episode 1, maybe because it was set in Paris and having just been there I enjoyed that feeling of “hey, I was standing right there” as they cruise around the city. Each episode will feature a different cast and setting. Episode 1 featured BYU’s own Aaron Eckhart. Not sure if he had any say in the writing, but there was a scene where he mentions his mother getting “sucked into Mormonism” after his father died and that she “mostly uses it as a way to show that she’s better than everybody else.”
                          I watched and enjoyed episode 1 with Aaron. My wife only made it to the part when Aaron's Parisian girlfriend drops a few f-bombs. Then we tried The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel but she opted out at the first sign of nudie boobies in the (first?) burlesque scene. We also started watching Survivor with Pierce Brosnan and Milla Jovovich. But when the soldier got lit on fire in the first scene, she was done with that, too. Then I turned on Hang Em High, purportedly Clint Eastwood's first feature film. She didn't care much for the early hanging scene but fell asleep on the couch without demanding a change in the show.
                          Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                          Just finished Man in the High Castle. It started a little slow and picked up. You have to be patient with this season.

I didn't find the first couple of episodes particularly compelling. I didn't review any prior seasons before starting Season 3 and felt like I must have missed something. The final episodes of the series had some decent content, but I was still kind of surprised that the season was already over. Much less satisfying than the previous two seasons.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            I didn't review any prior seasons before starting Season 3 and felt like I must have missed something. The final episodes of the series had some decent content, but I was still kind of surprised that the season was already over. Much less satisfying than the previous two seasons.
                            I agree. It was slow the first few episodes and I didn't enjoy it as much as the other seasons. It seemed like it got stuck in the weeds for awhile, especially with the Childan character. He seems like a peripheral character but he has a lot of screen time. But this season still had some really good acting and great scenes. I thought the contrast between Frink's bar mitzvah and Smith's coronation was done very well. And the scene with Frink and Kido in the desert was riveting.
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                              I watched and enjoyed episode 1 with Aaron.
                              Wow, I didn't know you guys were close.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Wow, I didn't know you guys were close.
                                Very close.
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X