Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I checked this out last night. I thought it was boring until they started the part about his family back in Utah. That kid's poor parents. Wow. His father is a saint.

The big reveal made me laugh: street people are mentally ill! Yeah. Who knew?
    Yep the poor parents of this kid.

Clearly Dylan isn’t entirely to blame for this because of his mental illness but he was such a good example of how mental illness makes a person supremely self-centered. He puts his family through hell and all he can talk about is how he is judged unfairly by Mormons. He doesn’t respect his family enough not to curse in their home but then wants everybody to bend over backward to accommodate him.

Agreed it wasn’t interesting until the Utah part and maybe only interesting (and only successful st Sundance) because of the Utah angle.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
      Yep the poor parents of this kid.

Clearly Dylan isn’t entirely to blame for this because of his mental illness but he was such a good example of how mental illness makes a person supremely self-centered. He puts his family through hell and all he can talk about is how he is judged unfairly by Mormons. He doesn’t respect his family enough not to curse in their home but then wants everybody to bend over backward to accommodate him.

Agreed it wasn’t interesting until the Utah part and maybe only interesting (and only successful st Sundance) because of the Utah angle.
      Yep.

His trashing of the church bugged the hell out of me given the circumstances, but the documentary ended up making Mormons look like wonderful people. His family bent over backwards to forgive him and love him in spite of all the heartache he created. Even the 85-yr-old grandma was nothing but kindness and love when he came home, in spite of his drugs, tats, alcohol, smoking, foul mouth, etc.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Started Friday Night Lights for the 2nd time again a few weeks ago. What a good show. Great characters, great character development, horrible football. Lol. But a fantastic show.

Comment

• Everything in the Song is True. Fantastic little doc about modern cowboy life, including some outstanding cowboy poetry and music.

https://www.amazon.com/Everything-So...e+song+is+true
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Amazon Prime’s “Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan” is intense! First 2 episodes have been awesome!

UPDATE: Just finished Episode 6. Holly Crap!! Fantastic!! Edge of your seat intense!! Will be up at least another hour trying to relax!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by dabrockster; 09-01-2018, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• Watched Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure with the fam last night. Still holds up. My kids all thought it was hilarious.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                Watched Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure with the fam last night. Still holds up. My kids all thought it was hilarious.
                I made my kids watch that last year. Then they put a Circle K in by my house. Now everyone we drive past the Circle K someone undoubtedly quotes the movie.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  Watched Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure with the fam last night. Still holds up. My kids all thought it was hilarious.
                  Can I have your kids? Mine never realized the greatness of Bill & Ted
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

• Fasting - recommended (and featuring appearances) by Jason Fung (author of The Obeisity Code). Has some Mormon Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saint representation, too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DPTTVG1..._tyrnBbSVSCP21
                    Last edited by Pelado; 09-11-2018, 10:53 AM.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Jack Ryan - don’t recommend. I forced myself to watch three episodes while trying to convince myself it will get better. It hasn’t. It’s poorly written, poorly acted and just seems very low budget. It’s also less compelling than 95% of other shoes out there. There’s also no real hot chick. Disappointing.
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        Jack Ryan - don’t recommend. I forced myself to watch three episodes while trying to convince myself it will get better. It hasn’t. It’s poorly written, poorly acted and just seems very low budget. It’s also less compelling than 95% of other shoes out there. There’s also no real hot chick. Disappointing.
                        I am liking it
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          Jack Ryan - don’t recommend. I forced myself to watch three episodes while trying to convince myself it will get better. It hasn’t. It’s poorly written, poorly acted and just seems very low budget. It’s also less compelling than 95% of other shoes out there. There’s also no real hot chick. Disappointing.
                          I watched the whole thing. I liked him in "13 Hours" but don't think Jim Halpert works as Jack Ryan. They are trying too hard for his "self-righteous" attributes - kind of grating.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            I watched the whole thing. I liked him in "13 Hours" but don't think Jim Halpert works as Jack Ryan. They are trying too hard for his "self-righteous" attributes - kind of grating.
                            Worried about that too.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The Man in the High Castle starts tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Finished season 3 of Man in the High Castle. I liked it.

For those of you who are watching, this season continued the great acting and cinematography. There are a few plot lines that got lost in the weeds, and the overall story still takes a good deal of suspended belief. Still, it's very well done. But I'm not sure where all this redemption of Kido and John Smith is going to end. Kido especially is a terrible person. I mean, he has to die in the end, right?
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X