Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Binged it all. Amalgam of good and bad. Too preachy about the hypocrisy of the born agains. If you like that type try Pennyworth on ePix.

This won't be up most people's alley, but I didn't think it would be up mine and ended up loving it. McQueen is an interesting documentary about famed London fashion designer Alexander McQueen. He was a pretty fascinating, and talented, person ... not what you would expect. Definitely worth checking out if you like documentaries and aren't completely turned off by the subject matter. Also, as a warning, there is quite a bit of non-sexual female nudity in it (models on the runway). Didn't bother me much, but I could see how it could bother some.

Anyone else watch Hanna S1? I liked it. I guess it is based off a movie. I didn't see the movie so I can't comment on how it compares. Its not going to win any awards or anything, but it is entertaining. I really liked Joel Kinnaman and Mireille Enos, which you would recognize from The Killing. They are adversaries in this show, but their acting is great.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant SoCalCoug's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Just finished "The Boys".

I thought it was great. Interesting story, good acting (especially Homelander, he was great).

Definitely some graphic violence and there is a dong in episode one.
    I binged the whole thing. Loved it. I can't wait for season two.
    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    Anyone else watch Hanna S1? I liked it. I guess it is based off a movie. I didn't see the movie so I can't comment on how it compares. Its not going to win any awards or anything, but it is entertaining. I really liked Joel Kinnaman and Mireille Enos, which you would recognize from The Killing. They are adversaries in this show, but their acting is great.
    I watched it specifically because of those two being in it. They did a good job, and I liked the acting of the young girl who played Hanna. I just didn’t like the way they wrote the Hanna character. Too much coming of age/teen drama which outweighed the good action/suspense.
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    I watched it specifically because of those two being in it. They did a good job, and I liked the acting of the young girl who played Hanna. I just didn’t like the way they wrote the Hanna character. Too much coming of age/teen drama which outweighed the good action/suspense.
    I watched the first episode a while back when it was first made available (before the whole season was released). While it had some good content, I wasn't excited about the potential for teen drama, so I haven't watched any more.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Was interested in Carnival Row. Two episodes in and it's pretty much a steampunk version of Bright.

The newest Mission Impossible is streaming on Prime now. Those are always fun.

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    Season 2 of Patriot.. WTF did I just watch?!?!???!!!

Felt like I needed to be stoned or tripping on acid for this season. Was totally lost from the get-go.. Watched the recap before starting and still was lost..

Not as funny. More depressing..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I missed this discussion earlier but found Patriot recently. Season 1 up until the last few episodes is among my favorite all time TV. I didn't like the ending of season 1 and season 2 a couple episodes into it is going off track. Starting to feel like where Ozarks lost me where they try to outdo the episode before in terms of how outlandish and implausible the next task is. Also has gotten darker in terms of the ethics of the characters you're rooting for. Still liking it but fell out of "all time great" contention.

The thrills combined with comedy are good. But the folk songs take it to the next level of absolutely brilliant.

Just found out that there will be no Patriot season 3

Started watching The Boys. It's clever and raunchy. Minimal nudity so far. I will continue to watch.

New season of Jack Ryan starts November 1st.

1st season was awesome. So intense. Looking forward to this one..

Quote Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
    I missed this discussion earlier but found Patriot recently. Season 1 up until the last few episodes is among my favorite all time TV. I didn't like the ending of season 1 and season 2 a couple episodes into it is going off track. Starting to feel like where Ozarks lost me where they try to outdo the episode before in terms of how outlandish and implausible the next task is. Also has gotten darker in terms of the ethics of the characters you're rooting for. Still liking it but fell out of "all time great" contention.

The thrills combined with comedy are good. But the folk songs take it to the next level of absolutely brilliant.
    Season 1 was one of the better season out there. Thinking about some of the interactions of John Tavner and Stephen was hilarious.

"His name isn't Eugene, Big step back for you Stephen". LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Just found out that there will be no Patriot season 3

Started watching The Boys. It's clever and raunchy. Minimal nudity so far. I will continue to watch.
    Just the dong in episode 1. Dongs are lame. Don't need to see that.

That said, that show was great. Excited to see where they go in season 2

Watched 3 episodes of of the new season of Jack Ryan. Intense and very good!

I'm mid-way through the 3rd episode. What happened to his girlfriend character from season 1? Haven't seen or heard of her at all.

UPDATE: I'm not the only one asking about it, or thinking it's weird that she's not in season 2: https://www.thewrap.com/what-happene...ason-2-amazon/

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    I'm mid-way through the 3rd episode. What happened to his girlfriend character from season 1? Haven't seen or heard of her at all.

UPDATE: I'm not the only one asking about it, or thinking it's weird that she's not in season 2: https://www.thewrap.com/what-happene...ason-2-amazon/
    My wife and I had the same question. I am guessing this was more about contracts vs. writing her off..

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Just the dong in episode 1. Dongs are lame. Don't need to see that.

That said, that show was great. Excited to see where they go in season 2
    Sheesh no kidding. Couple of male butts in other episodes. Couldn’t they give us just a flash of something female?!?

Just finished the season. Wildly creative and some great dialogue. It was pretty uneven, but I still enjoyed it. Excellent cliffhanger.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

I was surprised to learn that she is a fairly famous Australian rapper. Probably had other gigs. But doesn't Jack's love interest change in every movie/book? Just staying true to Clancy, I guess.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    I was surprised to learn that she is a fairly famous Australian rapper. Probably had other gigs. But doesn't Jack's love interest change in every movie/book? Just staying true to Clancy, I guess.
    In the few Clancy books I read, Ryan is married to the girl from season 1.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    In the few Clancy books I read, Ryan is married to the girl from season 1.
    Confession: I've only seen the movies.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    Confession: I've only seen the movies.
    Then you may remember that Ryan is married in Patriot Games.
    - Goatnapper'96

Season 3 of Goliath is pretty good. In episode 4. Has a bit of a trippy feel to it at times. I am down the rabbit hole so I will finish it..

The cameo appearance of David Cross as a Lead singer of a Cameo band called “Not Poiyson” gave me an out loud chuckle.

Season 3 of Goliath is pretty good. In episode 4. Has a bit of a trippy feel to it at times. I am down the rabbit hole so I will finish it..

The cameo appearance of David Cross as a Lead singer of a Cameo band called “Not Poiyson” gave me an out loud chuckle.

I forced myself to finish season 1 and opted out of future seasons.
    - Goatnapper'96

I forced myself to finish season 1 and opted out of future seasons.
    Season 3 is an interesting topic. It is about the underground water ways in California and the rights to the water.

I thought maybe some of you might watch since the California drought is a main theme in the storyline. Maybe even some of you lawyers might find it interesting as well.

Season 3 is an interesting topic. It is about the underground water ways in California and the rights to the water.

I thought maybe some of you might watch since the California drought is a main theme in the storyline. Maybe even some of you lawyers might find it interesting as well.

Season 2 was a mess. That said I will stop probably watch season 3.

Pretty underwhelmed by Jack Ryan. So many plot holes. I'll have to do a spoiler post later for all the things that annoy me about it.
    - Goatnapper'96

Pretty underwhelmed by Jack Ryan. So many plot holes. I'll have to do a spoiler post later for all the things that annoy me about it.
    Meh. I thought it was fine. It kept me watching and entertained on my flight(s) this week.

The ending (Last 2 episodes) felt pressed. Could have extended it a bit more.

Finished season 3 of Goliath. Overall, I enjoyed it while I worked. Kept my attention but also felt the ending episode came abruptly.

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

Finished season 3 of Goliath. Overall, I enjoyed it while I worked. Kept my attention but also felt the ending episode came abruptly.

Loved season 1, thought S2 was terrible. Haven’t made the time to check out S3 yet.

Same here. I didn't make it through the first season.