Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

There are some pretty good shows coming out on Amazon these days. Most of the non-original stuff is also available on Netflix, but Amazon has started producing some decent original content. As many of you probably know, Amazon makes a number of pilots, screens them for free to the public, then asks you to vote for which ones it picks up for full seasons.

Last year (the first year of pilots), Amazon picked up two shows: Alpha House and Betas. Both have been pretty decent for first efforts.

Amazon just came out with its second round of pilots, available at amazonoriginals.com. I watched Bosch and Transparent so far. Transparent, staring Jeffrey Tambour, is really good and I hope it gets picked up. Bosch (based on the Michael Connelly novels) stars Titus Welliver and could be good, but needs more time.

Anyone else watching these?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Bosch was pretty good. I see the potential. The After wasn't the best. I was disappointed in that one. I only saw the pilot of Betas, is it worth continuing?

Also, thread should be titled "Did you know this streams on Amazon Prime"? Amazon Instant has a lot of content, but it's all pay per show/movie.

Comment

Transparent didn't appeal to me from the description, but maybe I'll give it a try. I like Natalie Zea so I'll give her show a try.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
        Transparent didn't appeal to me from the description, but maybe I'll give it a try. I like Natalie Zea so I'll give her show a try.
        Transparent didn't sound great to me either, but all of the critics really liked so I watched. I liked all the siblings and I thought it was the most put together.

I just watched The Rebels with Natalie Zea. I could watch that one if it made it.

As for Betas, I've enjoyed it. Not in the top tier, but it has some good moments. Hobbes is by far the best character.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I'm glad we have this thread now.

Like I mentioned in that other thread, I have been watching The Americans. Just finished the season and I thought it was awesome. Felicity didn't bug me like I thought she might.

Comment

Amazon Prime just added a bunch of new TV shows

How I Met Your Mother (first 8 seasons)
            Archer (first 3 seasons)
            It's always sunny in Philadelphia (first 8 seasons)
            Louie (all 3 seasons)
            The Glades (first 3 seasons)
            Lie to Me (all 3 seasons)
            The League (first 4 seasons)
            The Chicago Code (1 season)
            The Unit (all 4 seasons)
            The Killing (first 2 seasons)

Comment

Man, I was dying for the League about a month ago. Then I went and found it through another source.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                Man, I was dying for the League about a month ago. Then I went and found it through another source.
                the last two seasons have been substantially less good, imo.
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                  the last two seasons have been substantially less good, imo.
                  4 and 5? I've watched 4 and I liked it enough to want to watch 5.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I just started "Justified" (Season 1) on Amazon Prime. I watch while I run in the AM. MAN!! I love this show... On Episode 4 right now..

I have also enjoyed an oldie: 21 Jump Street on Amazon Prime.

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                      I just started "Justified" (Season 1) on Amazon Prime. I watch while I run in the AM. MAN!! I love this show... On Episode 4 right now..

I have also enjoyed an oldie: 21 Jump Street on Amazon Prime.
                      Justified is my favorite show right now.
                      "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                        Justified is my favorite show right now.
                        I like the name Raylon.. Dude is badass... Right now it just seems we have filler episodes and things will get more interesting, but each episode is fun...

Comment

Justified is great.

Comment

I like the name Raylon.. Dude is badass... Right now it just seems we have filler episodes and things will get more interesting, but each episode is fun...
                            The first season (especially the first half) a lot of Raylon catches (or shoots) bad guy of the week. The other seasons have more of an overarching story.

Comment

It gets much better. First half of season 1 is just OK. The rest has been fantastic.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                              X