Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Off The Grid with Thomas Massie (also on youtube).
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    I really like Hunters. Buying Pacino as an overacted Jew was a little iffy at times, but fun story and characters.
    Agree. Pretty enjoyable.
    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Stone of Destiny. My Scotish heritage loves the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Stone of Destiny. My Scotish heritage loves the story.
    I liked this one as well. I thought Mara Rooney pulled off the Scottish accent pretty well but I'm no expert.

Season 6 of Bosch is out.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

I binged the entire first (and perhaps only) season of Upload, a show whose star dies unexpectedly and is "uploaded" to a virtual heaven. It's a comedy, but also a murder mystery with some light philosophical themes a la The Good Place. It grew on me as the show wore on. Only ten 30-minute episodes so not a major time suck.

Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I binged the entire first (and perhaps only) season of Upload, a show whose star dies unexpectedly and is "uploaded" to a virtual heaven. It's a comedy, but also a murder mystery with some light philosophical themes a la The Good Place. It grew on me as the show wore on. Only ten 30-minute episodes so not a major time suck.
    We watched everything but last episode. Second to last episode was so incredibly bad that I just can't bring myself to watch it. I think they went one season too long.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    We watched everything but last episode. Second to last episode was so incredibly bad that I just can't bring myself to watch it. I think they went one season too long.
    I doubt the final episode would change your opinion. They're clearly hoping for renewal as nothing resolves in the final.

Never Surrender, a 2019 documentary about the making of Galaxy Quest was very enjoyable. I loved the movie, so the doc held my interest throughout. The opening screenshot is a quote from David Mamet naming the movie as one of four perfect films--The Godfather was one of the other three.

It was unavailable to stream for several years, but Downfall is now on Amazon Prime with no charge. It's a very good movie, and one that spawned innumerable video clips.

I doubt the final episode would change your opinion. They're clearly hoping for renewal as nothing resolves in the final.
    Am I crazy or are you referring to Upload while Lebowski is referencing The Good Place? I found Upload quite enjoyable. I also liked The Good Place, but mostly Season 1 and especially the Sartre No Exit plot twist.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
    Am I crazy or are you referring to Upload while Lebowski is referencing The Good Place? I found Upload quite enjoyable. I also liked The Good Place, but mostly Season 1 and especially the Sartre No Exit plot twist.
    We were both talking about Upload, which I liked more than did JL, but I didn't like the way they ended the first season, not to mention the fact that we won't see another episode, if ever, for a couple of years...

I liked The Good Place more, and thought the series was outstanding,. It definitely had some lulls, but it ended nicely. I loved the Trolley Car episode and have watched it multiple times. I also thought the first episode was great.

We were both talking about Upload, which I liked more than did JL, but I didn't like the way they ended the first season, not to mention the fact that we won't see another episode, if ever, for a couple of years...

I liked The Good Place more, and thought the series was outstanding,. It definitely had some lulls, but it ended nicely. I loved the Trolley Car episode and have watched it multiple times. I also thought the first episode was great.
    Nope. I was talking about The Good Place. Have not watched a single episode of Upload. Sorry for the confusion.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post

Nope. I was talking about The Good Place. Have not watched a single episode of Upload. Sorry for the confusion.
    PAC missed that JL bolded The Good Place in his initial post. I thought both of you were talking about TGP. :shrug:
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Student View Post
    PAC missed that JL bolded The Good Place in his initial post. I thought both of you were talking about TGP. :shrug:
    Yeah, I totally whiffed on that. When JL wrote the series was one season too long, I thought he was just being funny since Upload was only one season... Maybe if they'd let me out of the home occasionally my mind would be sharper....

Yeah, I totally whiffed on that. When JL wrote the series was one season too long, I thought he was just being funny since Upload was only one season... Maybe if they'd let me out of the home occasionally my mind would be sharper....
    You want them to let you out of the home occasionally?

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Marilyn Hotchkiss' Ballroom Dancing & Charm School

Really enjoyed it.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Still got one episode left, but I've been enjoying Upload. I'm sure it will seem goofy in 10 years, but the future tech is kinda fun.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

The First World War

I watched the first episode (until falling asleep). Pretty interesting, in spite of how tired I was.

The Balkan states apparently didn't like how old-school Emperor/King Franz Joseph I was. So, in protest, they assassinate the heir to the throne, who, unbeknownst to them, planned to run things much differently that his uncle did. Then, with Archduke Franz Ferdinand dead, Franz Joseph goes old-school on the Balkans in retribution. Franz Joseph died about two and a half years later. Had the Serb revolutionaries been more patient, things might have markedly improved under Ferdinand.
    - Goatnapper'96

Fart: A Documentary is available on Prime. "The history and humor of the fart. A film by Troy Hale"

I'm totally going to watch this.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    Fart: A Documentary is available on Prime. "The history and humor of the fart. A film by Troy Hale"

Hard pass.

Hard pass.
    I hate those ones!
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    I hate those ones!
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

I learned from the fart documentary that the oldest written joke in the world is a fart joke. It’s written 4000 years ago in ancient Sumerian. There are also ancient Japanese texts that discuss farting. The Dalai Lama even told a fart joke on TV.

Gonna have to squeeze it in
    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

So, the fart documentary was sort of interesting, but not really worth a watch. I expected a good deal of fart humor and such, but they focused way too much time and attention on Mr. Methane, a professional flatulist.

I did like the discussion with groups of men and women to get their different takes on farting. And I thought the historical information about the subject was interesting. But overall, I can't recommend this documentary. It would have been better if it had much more science, more history, more discussion about cultural norms, and much less Mr. Methane.

So, the fart documentary was sort of interesting, but not really worth a watch. I expected a good deal of fart humor and such, but they focused way too much time and attention on Mr. Methane, a professional flatulist.

I did like the discussion with groups of men and women to get their different takes on farting. And I thought the historical information about the subject was interesting. But overall, I can't recommend this documentary. It would have been better if it had much more science, more history, more discussion about cultural norms, and much less Mr. Methane.
    Completely agree with you on this. This documentary could have been so much better. The author of the books sounded like he had a wealth of information, but didn't share that much. Also, we get it, people love a good fart joke, men and women look at farting differently, and kids REALLY think farting is funny, but I could do with more of the history of farting. They would dance around it like saying, "in some cultures you would be killed if you farted in front of the wrong people". Wow! That's cool, but when a did this happen and to whom. Soft pass.

Quote Originally Posted by originalsocal View Post
    Completely agree with you on this. This documentary could have been so much better. The author of the books sounded like he had a wealth of information, but didn't share that much. Also, we get it, people love a good fart joke, men and women look at farting differently, and kids REALLY think farting is funny, but I could do with more of the history of farting. They would dance around it like saying, "in some cultures you would be killed if you farted in front of the wrong people". Wow! That's cool, but when a did this happen and to whom. Soft pass.
    Exactly! Delving into things like that would have been so much more interesting. More of that and less of Phartman comics and Mr. Methane.

Princeps Inter Pares

Rocketman.

I thought it would be a biopic along the lines of bohemian rhapsody.

It was not a biopic along the lines of bohemian rhapsody.

Fun show though. Certainly unique.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν