Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    Paul Atreides: Nicholas Hoult

Lady Jessica: Jennifer Connelly

Duke Leto Atreides: Ralph Fiennes

Baron Harkonnen: Val Kilmer

Gurney Halleck: Patrick Stewart

Feyd Rautha: Harry Styles
    Not bad except Patrick Stewart is too old now to reprise his role as Gurney Halleck.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
      Not bad except Patrick Stewart is too old now to reprise his role as Gurney Halleck.
      I was kind of joking, but really Liam Neeson would probably be too much of a cliche.
      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• New series "Sea Oak" based on the George Saunders short story starts tomorrow. Basic premise for those not in the mood to read: a very positive and seemingly happy woman who has had virtually nothing good happen to her throughout her entire life dies and comes back as a foul mouthed zombie determined to live the life she wishes she had.

Comment

• Watched the first episode of Patriot last night. It is the funniest premiere I can recall seeing in a long, long time. Multiple legitimate laugh out loud scenes ("nana was country strong"). It will be interesting to see if the rest of the season/series holds up.

Comment

• Already giving up on Fargo? Your loss.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              Already giving up on Fargo? Your loss.
              Nope. Saving it for this weekend. Wife is and youngest are out of town. The senior and I have to stick around for mandatory practices. So after golf and pizza for Thanksgiving, plan on a long Season 2 and 3 Fargo dessert.
              Last edited by Art Vandelay; 11-22-2017, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                Watched the first episode of Patriot last night. It is the funniest premiere I can recall seeing in a long, long time. Multiple legitimate laugh out loud scenes ("nana was country strong"). It will be interesting to see if the rest of the season/series holds up.
                It does.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                  It does.
                  I loved how it weaved together all the different story lines.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Anybody a Longmire fan? Sixth and final season is on.
                    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• A Man Called Ove. Wife read the book for book club earlier this year and I picked it up and read right after. Nice little movie that does the book justice. Family friendly themes of community and acceptance... watched it with the kids. Swedish with English subtitles.
                      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

This is an Amazon Original that they are pushing pretty hard. I've seen lots of previews/trailers for it before other Amazon shows. I gave the pilot a try last night and I thought it was really great. The lead actress, Rachel Brosnahan, plays a 1958 jewish woman in New York City. She comes from a wealthy jewish family and marries into a good jewish family and has two nice jewish kids and a big apartment on the upper west side. Her husband dreams of becoming a stand up comedian like Lenny Bruce and she helps him by getting him better times at the club in Greenwich Village. Until he bombs and realizes he sucks, hates his wife, his job and his life and leaves her in the middle of the night. Her parents blame her, thinking she must have driven him off. She gets drunk and goes back to the club and wanders on stage where she discovers that she might have what her husband lacked.

Sounds hilarious, right? It is actually very funny. Mrs. Maisel is very witty, charming and upbeat. You can't help but root for her to succeed. The costumes and sets are perfect, the acting is good, the story is interesting. I've only seen the pilot so far, but it has a 95% rating on rotten tomatoes.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

This is an Amazon Original that they are pushing pretty hard. I've seen lots of previews/trailers for it before other Amazon shows. I gave the pilot a try last night and I thought it was really great. The lead actress, Rachel Brosnahan, plays a 1958 jewish woman in New York City. She comes from a wealthy jewish family and marries into a good jewish family and has two nice jewish kids and a big apartment on the upper west side. Her husband dreams of becoming a stand up comedian like Lenny Bruce and she helps him by getting him better times at the club in Greenwich Village. Until he bombs and realizes he sucks, hates his wife, his job and his life and leaves her in the middle of the night. Her parents blame her, thinking she must have driven him off. She gets drunk and goes back to the club and wanders on stage where she discovers that she might have what her husband lacked.

Sounds hilarious, right? It is actually very funny. Mrs. Maisel is very witty, charming and upbeat. You can't help but root for her to succeed. The costumes and sets are perfect, the acting is good, the story is interesting. I've only seen the pilot so far, but it has a 95% rating on rotten tomatoes.
                          I'm sure the Dana Carvey show is better.
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                            I'm sure the Dana Carvey show is better.
                            Its not coming back, funk. Time to let it go.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I have only seen the Pilot as well but I liked it. I will definitely watch more.
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Plus the lead actress has really awesome boobs and she showed them on the stage during the pilot.

In other words, it's definitely worth a watch.
                                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Working...
                                X