Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Results 601 to 607 of 607

Thread: Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

  1. #601
    One man.....one pie Moliere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Tejas
    Posts
    21,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Pretty underwhelmed by Jack Ryan. So many plot holes. I'll have to do a spoiler post later for all the things that annoy me about it.
    I didn’t make it through season 1. MJ did and said it wasn’t worth watching. We’ll probably pass in season 2. Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve watched anything on Amazon Prime in a long long time.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

  2. #602
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    11,345

    Default

    Spoiler for Crap I didn't like about Jack Ryan, Season 2:

    Here's what's coming to mind in the moment (not an exhaustive list):

    Jack just leaves sensitive, classified documents lying around in the hotel room for any girl he bangs to check out?

    "Harry" chick uses Jack and spies on him to protect her former partner/dude who took the fall for her/love interest/whatever despite knowing that he's now an assassin, then, without any real explanation, outs the guy's daughter and eventually shoots him to protect Jack.

    Uber's character gets absolutely no development. Why didn't he want to take the deal initially? Why didn't he stay with the boat? Why is he so intent on going back after the boss when he's been ordered to go back to the boat with the other two? No wonder he didn't make it as a SEAL.

    Top level CIA operatives don't know better than to be seen in public, shaking hands, where they can easily be photographed with presidential candidates they're attempting to help/protect?

    Jack meets up with cyclops, having taken his daughter as a hostage, and all he wants is verbal confirmation that Reyes ordered the hit?

    In the final episode, they decide, spur of the moment, to raid the presidential palace to rescue Greer. The COS dude clarifies that Ryan can't kill President Reyes because that goes beyond their authority. But, somehow, landing a chopper on his residence, shooting up his guards, and everything else they do there is within their authority?

    The whole thing was too predictable. Ryan's initial assumption that Reyes was responsible was pretty much right. There weren't any twists or turns that had any real meaning.

    I did like the visuals of the college scenes. Wonder where those were shot.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  3. #603
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    11,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    I didn’t make it through season 1. MJ did and said it wasn’t worth watching. We’ll probably pass in season 2. Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve watched anything on Amazon Prime in a long long time.
    I made it through Season 1 and had several issues with that, too.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  4. #604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Spoiler for Crap I didn't like about Jack Ryan, Season 2:

    Here's what's coming to mind in the moment (not an exhaustive list):

    Jack just leaves sensitive, classified documents lying around in the hotel room for any girl he bangs to check out?

    "Harry" chick uses Jack and spies on him to protect her former partner/dude who took the fall for her/love interest/whatever despite knowing that he's now an assassin, then, without any real explanation, outs the guy's daughter and eventually shoots him to protect Jack.

    Uber's character gets absolutely no development. Why didn't he want to take the deal initially? Why didn't he stay with the boat? Why is he so intent on going back after the boss when he's been ordered to go back to the boat with the other two? No wonder he didn't make it as a SEAL.

    Top level CIA operatives don't know better than to be seen in public, shaking hands, where they can easily be photographed with presidential candidates they're attempting to help/protect?

    Jack meets up with cyclops, having taken his daughter as a hostage, and all he wants is verbal confirmation that Reyes ordered the hit?

    In the final episode, they decide, spur of the moment, to raid the presidential palace to rescue Greer. The COS dude clarifies that Ryan can't kill President Reyes because that goes beyond their authority. But, somehow, landing a chopper on his residence, shooting up his guards, and everything else they do there is within their authority?

    The whole thing was too predictable. Ryan's initial assumption that Reyes was responsible was pretty much right. There weren't any twists or turns that had any real meaning.

    I did like the visuals of the college scenes. Wonder where those were shot.
    Yikes. You have serious issues about the show.

  5. #605
    Senior Member dabrockster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    9,046

    Default Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    I didn’t make it through season 1. MJ did and said it wasn’t worth watching. We’ll probably pass in season 2. Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve watched anything on Amazon Prime in a long long time.
    ..

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #606
    Senior Member dabrockster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    9,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Spoiler for Crap I didn't like about Jack Ryan, Season 2:

    Here's what's coming to mind in the moment (not an exhaustive list):

    Jack just leaves sensitive, classified documents lying around in the hotel room for any girl he bangs to check out?

    "Harry" chick uses Jack and spies on him to protect her former partner/dude who took the fall for her/love interest/whatever despite knowing that he's now an assassin, then, without any real explanation, outs the guy's daughter and eventually shoots him to protect Jack.

    Uber's character gets absolutely no development. Why didn't he want to take the deal initially? Why didn't he stay with the boat? Why is he so intent on going back after the boss when he's been ordered to go back to the boat with the other two? No wonder he didn't make it as a SEAL.

    Top level CIA operatives don't know better than to be seen in public, shaking hands, where they can easily be photographed with presidential candidates they're attempting to help/protect?

    Jack meets up with cyclops, having taken his daughter as a hostage, and all he wants is verbal confirmation that Reyes ordered the hit?

    In the final episode, they decide, spur of the moment, to raid the presidential palace to rescue Greer. The COS dude clarifies that Ryan can't kill President Reyes because that goes beyond their authority. But, somehow, landing a chopper on his residence, shooting up his guards, and everything else they do there is within their authority?

    The whole thing was too predictable. Ryan's initial assumption that Reyes was responsible was pretty much right. There weren't any twists or turns that had any real meaning.

    I did like the visuals of the college scenes. Wonder where those were shot.
    Curious. When Jack Ryan buys a helicopter and shows up at the Cartel’s home in Clear and Present Danger. Did you freak out??

    I had issues with it but I didn’t take notes. Sheesh.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #607
    Signature won a Pulitzer Paperback Writer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In the Darkness on the Edge of Town
    Posts
    4,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    Curious. When Jack Ryan buys a helicopter and shows up at the Cartel’s home in Clear and Present Danger. Did you freak out??

    I had issues with it but I didn’t take notes. Sheesh.
    I'm on team Pelado on this one. The plot holes in Jack Ryan are bothersome. I thought about adding to the list but then thought better of it. With 8 episodes there is more time to close some of the more egregious ones than in a 2.5 hour movie, but there they are.

    As far as CaPD, I didn't take much issue with Jack Ryan buying a helo and making a house call to the Cartel head. Ryan was a deputy director of the CIA and negotiating for hostage release. Somewhat out of the realm of believability but also understandable. In the Jack Ryan series, they could have given more information on the situation in Venezuela which would have closed some of the plot holes but instead choose to have Jack run around with an assault rifle. Probably makes for better watching but also opens some gaping plot holes. Pelado's criticism is valid and it reassuring to me that I'm not the only one annoyed by it.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •