Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    Pretty underwhelmed by Jack Ryan. So many plot holes. I'll have to do a spoiler post later for all the things that annoy me about it.
    I didn’t make it through season 1. MJ did and said it wasn’t worth watching. We’ll probably pass in season 2. Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve watched anything on Amazon Prime in a long long time.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Spoiler for Crap I didn't like about Jack Ryan, Season 2:

Here's what's coming to mind in the moment (not an exhaustive list):

Jack just leaves sensitive, classified documents lying around in the hotel room for any girl he bangs to check out?

"Harry" chick uses Jack and spies on him to protect her former partner/dude who took the fall for her/love interest/whatever despite knowing that he's now an assassin, then, without any real explanation, outs the guy's daughter and eventually shoots him to protect Jack.

Uber's character gets absolutely no development. Why didn't he want to take the deal initially? Why didn't he stay with the boat? Why is he so intent on going back after the boss when he's been ordered to go back to the boat with the other two? No wonder he didn't make it as a SEAL.

Top level CIA operatives don't know better than to be seen in public, shaking hands, where they can easily be photographed with presidential candidates they're attempting to help/protect?

Jack meets up with cyclops, having taken his daughter as a hostage, and all he wants is verbal confirmation that Reyes ordered the hit?

In the final episode, they decide, spur of the moment, to raid the presidential palace to rescue Greer. The COS dude clarifies that Ryan can't kill President Reyes because that goes beyond their authority. But, somehow, landing a chopper on his residence, shooting up his guards, and everything else they do there is within their authority?

The whole thing was too predictable. Ryan's initial assumption that Reyes was responsible was pretty much right. There weren't any twists or turns that had any real meaning.

I did like the visuals of the college scenes. Wonder where those were shot.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        I didn’t make it through season 1. MJ did and said it wasn’t worth watching. We’ll probably pass in season 2. Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve watched anything on Amazon Prime in a long long time.
        I made it through Season 1 and had several issues with that, too.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Spoiler for Crap I didn't like about Jack Ryan, Season 2:

Jack just leaves sensitive, classified documents lying around in the hotel room for any girl he bangs to check out?

"Harry" chick uses Jack and spies on him to protect her former partner/dude who took the fall for her/love interest/whatever despite knowing that he's now an assassin, then, without any real explanation, outs the guy's daughter and eventually shoots him to protect Jack.

Uber's character gets absolutely no development. Why didn't he want to take the deal initially? Why didn't he stay with the boat? Why is he so intent on going back after the boss when he's been ordered to go back to the boat with the other two? No wonder he didn't make it as a SEAL.

Top level CIA operatives don't know better than to be seen in public, shaking hands, where they can easily be photographed with presidential candidates they're attempting to help/protect?

Jack meets up with cyclops, having taken his daughter as a hostage, and all he wants is verbal confirmation that Reyes ordered the hit?

In the final episode, they decide, spur of the moment, to raid the presidential palace to rescue Greer. The COS dude clarifies that Ryan can't kill President Reyes because that goes beyond their authority. But, somehow, landing a chopper on his residence, shooting up his guards, and everything else they do there is within their authority?

The whole thing was too predictable. Ryan's initial assumption that Reyes was responsible was pretty much right. There weren't any twists or turns that had any real meaning.

Yikes. You have serious issues about the show.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Curious. When Jack Ryan buys a helicopter and shows up at the Cartel’s home in Clear and Present Danger. Did you freak out??

I had issues with it but I didn’t take notes. Sheesh.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                Curious. When Jack Ryan buys a helicopter and shows up at the Cartel’s home in Clear and Present Danger. Did you freak out??

I'm on team Pelado on this one. The plot holes in Jack Ryan are bothersome. I thought about adding to the list but then thought better of it. With 8 episodes there is more time to close some of the more egregious ones than in a 2.5 hour movie, but there they are.

As far as CaPD, I didn't take much issue with Jack Ryan buying a helo and making a house call to the Cartel head. Ryan was a deputy director of the CIA and negotiating for hostage release. Somewhat out of the realm of believability but also understandable. In the Jack Ryan series, they could have given more information on the situation in Venezuela which would have closed some of the plot holes but instead choose to have Jack run around with an assault rifle. Probably makes for better watching but also opens some gaping plot holes. Pelado's criticism is valid and it reassuring to me that I'm not the only one annoyed by it.
                “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post

It's been a long time since I read/watched CaPD. None of it made me freak out. Don't remember that part. Sorry.
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Halfway through the last season of Man in the High Castle, and solidly in the 'lots of plot threads that need to be resolved soon' territory. I'm a fan and I'm still enjoying it. I think the production quality is very good. The last episode I saw, 'Mauvaise Foi', was excellent. It showcased John Smith's history. He is still my favorite character.
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                      Halfway through the last season of Man in the High Castle, and solidly in the 'lots of plot threads that need to be resolved soon' territory. I'm a fan and I'm still enjoying it. I think the production quality is very good. The last episode I saw, 'Mauvaise Foi', was excellent. It showcased John Smith's history. He is still my favorite character.
                      On episode 4 right now. Been enjoying it. A bit of a surprise this episode.

Comment

• I'm not sure if there has been any discussion on this but is anyone watching "Yellowstone" the Paramount series with Kevin Coster? Jamie is one of the most uncomfortable characters I've ever seen on TV. I really like the show but it's hard to watch the abuse this Jamie guy takes from his Dad (Costner). I put this under the Amazon section because we had to buy it to watch it.

Comment

• Finished MITHC. Annoyed..

Comment

Kudos to you, Pelado. I watched a couple of episodes and thought it was dumb. Your spoilers further confirm the dumbness. Thank you for such an exhaustive list.
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 3 has arrived.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                                I'm not sure if there has been any discussion on this but is anyone watching "Yellowstone" the Paramount series with Kevin Coster? Jamie is one of the most uncomfortable characters I've ever seen on TV. I really like the show but it's hard to watch the abuse this Jamie guy takes from his Dad (Costner). I put this under the Amazon section because we had to buy it to watch it.
                                That Beth character is annoyingly overacted and melodramatic, it almost makes it unwatchable. It's going for an edgy anti-hero version of Longmire vibe.

Comment

Working...
                                X