Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love the opera scene in episode 5 of the Romanoffs.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Patriot Season 2!!! Hoping this season is just as good as the 1st.

This show is comedy gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Season 2 of Patriot.. WTF did I just watch?!?!???!!!

Felt like I needed to be stoned or tripping on acid for this season. Was totally lost from the get-go.. Watched the recap before starting and still was lost..

Not as funny. More depressing..

Last edited by dabrockster; 11-20-2018, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
          Season 2 of Patriot.. WTF did I just watch?!?!???!!!

Felt like I needed to be stoned or tripping on acid for this season. Was totally lost from the get-go.. Watched the recap before starting and still was lost..

Not as funny. More depressing..

Starting to wonder if there's been a good Season 2 of any streaming service's original content? Stranger Things is the only one I can come up with off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm missing a few though.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
            Starting to wonder if there's been a good Season 2 of any streaming service's original content? Stranger Things is the only one I can come up with off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm missing a few though.
            I liked Ozarks season 2 better than season 1.

Comment

house of cards season 2 was good.
              ozarks
              man in high castle, though some dont like
              Narcos
              the crown
              daredevil season 3 is pretty good

Comment

Watched the first episode of The Romanoffs. Critics have largely disliked it, but I enjoyed episode 1, maybe because it was set in Paris and having just been there I enjoyed that feeling of “hey, I was standing right there” as they cruise around the city. Each episode will feature a different cast and setting. Episode 1 featured BYU’s own Aaron Eckhart. Not sure if he had any say in the writing, but there was a scene where he mentions his mother getting “sucked into Mormonism” after his father died and that she “mostly uses it as a way to show that she’s better than everybody else.”
                I finally got around to watching this. I enjoyed it, even if the ending was predictable and just a little too feel good to be wholly believable. As an addendum to your Eckhart note, his character identifies himself early on in the episode as "Mormon, from Las Vegas." It's not until much later in the episode that he tells us how he ended up Mormon. I had the same thought as you, though--he must have had some say in that.

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post

I haven't watched Patriot Season 2 yet, and it may well be a clunker. But until then, I'm going to keep in mind that dabrockster might not be the best barometer for quality and nuance.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                  house of cards season 2 was good.
                  ozarks
                  man in high castle, though some dont like
                  Narcos
                  the crown
                  daredevil season 3 is pretty good
                  Does the crown get better as season 2 goes along? I really enjoyed the first season, but gave up a few episodes in to season 2.

Comment

• Deceptive Practice: The Mysteries and Mentors of Ricky Jay

Nice little bio/doc of magician Ricky Jay, who died last weekend.
                    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Started 'Patriot' a couple of nights ago. I binged the first 5 episodes, and had to extricate myself from the TV so I can start watching it with Mrs. NWC. Here's hoping she realizes just how dumb 'Outlander' is, and enjoys Patriot.

Like others have said, very good production quality and great lines. It has a 'Breaking Bad' vibe to it, with each episode starting with an unfamiliar plot line which intersects with the main story later on. The main character is great. Love Gil Bellows (Tommy from Shawshank Redemption) as one of John's bosses. Acting all around is excellent. Many LOL's to be had. Highly recommended.

For those who need to know, swearing is pervasive, but no nudity so far.
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                        Started 'Patriot' a couple of nights ago. I binged the first 5 episodes, and had to extricate myself from the TV so I can start watching it with Mrs. NWC. Here's hoping she realizes just how dumb 'Outlander' is, and enjoys Patriot.

Like others have said, very good production quality and great lines. It has a 'Breaking Bad' vibe to it, with each episode starting with an unfamiliar plot line which intersects with the main story later on. The main character is great. Love Gil Bellows (Tommy from Shawshank Redemption) as one of John's bosses. Acting all around is excellent. Many LOL's to be had. Highly recommended.

For those who need to know, swearing is pervasive, but no nudity so far.
                        Sounds like you are on Season 1. That was an awesome season.

I’ll await for your review of Season 2..

Comment

Sounds like you are on Season 1. That was an awesome season.

I’ll await for your review of Season 2..

Yep. What happens in season 2? Is it lame? Or more nudity?
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                            Yep. What happens in season 2? Is it lame? Or more nudity?
                            I was pretty disappointed after a superb season 1.

As for nudity. Since you are going to watch it with your wife, there is a full frontal scene of several frenchie males. And I mean zoomed in on these dudes.

There was no pre-warning..

Comment

I was pretty disappointed after a superb season 1.

As for nudity. Since you are going to watch it with your wife, there is a full frontal scene of several frenchie males. And I mean zoomed in on these dudes.

There was no pre-warning..

In season 2. Season 1 finale also has some male nudity.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Man, that is the wrong kind of nudity. At least with outlander there’s a healthy dose of the other kind.
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X