Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
    I thought this one was the best of the pilots they previewed a couple years back. I finally got around to starting it, and have loved every episode (I'm also 3 episodes in) but just haven't been able to binge it yet. It'd help if I could get my wife into it.
    I watched episode 4 last night and it was the best one yet, for me.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
      I'm 3 episodes into Amazon's "Patriot", which focuses on a N.O.C. (non-official cover) agent who is trying to prevent Iran from completing their nuclear program. Since he's a N.O.C. agent, he is employed by a real contractor who does business in Europe and Iran so that he can travel there officially without raising eyebrows and accomplish his agent work. His employer (a Milwaukee industrial piping contractor) does not know about his intelligence work.

Having said that, this "spy drama" is totally different in that is focuses on the unsexy side of intelligence work. The guy hates his job, would rather get high, and writes folk songs about the missions he's on to deal with the stress. The songs are really pretty good, and they are sung and performed by the actual actor. The agent works for his Dad (Terry O'Quinn - Locke from Lost), who is in charge of State Dept. Intelligence. The agent's brother is an overweight congressman who loves the Beastie Boys and has an illegitimate child with a black woman. In order to spend time with his son, he has the mother enroll him in a Big Brothers-type program and then volunteers to be his mentor.

Its a little slow, but I'm really enjoying it. The music is really good and the production values are very high. It has a sort of Wes Anderson quality to it, but its a little more grounded than that. Recommended.
      So after reading this the other day, I decided to give Patriot a try. Ended up binging the entire season that night (and didn't get much sleep).

Lots of fun parts and interaction. I don't remember which episode it was, but I loved the scene where he's sitting in the piping and gets a visit from most all of the different characters each talking to him briefly about each of the different plot lines. Kind of funny seeing the constant bombardment.

Steven's overprotective rehab nurse is great. Icabod is awesome. "Why did you think that was a nickname?"

Cool Rick is a bit of a caricature - for a congressman, he seems a little too excited about his (homemade) attache badge. I guess we have learned that real-life politicians can be pretty dopey, too, though.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Thursday Night Football on Amazon Video!
        https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=as_li_s...1d9d4ad06d5982
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• the future is now bros
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Amazon just came out with its second round of pilots, available at amazonoriginals.com. I watched Bosch and Transparent so far. Transparent, staring Jeffrey Tambour, is really good and I hope it gets picked up. Bosch (based on the Michael Connelly novels) stars Titus Welliver and could be good, but needs more time.

Anyone else watching these?
            Going through the Bosch video series right now. The first of the three seasons was quite good and followed the book pretty closely, although they did change some stuff. I'm on episode 4 of the second season right now. I probably still enjoy reading the books more than watching even a well done movie of the story. At least I don't feel disappointed by what they've done like with the Jack Reacher movies.

Comment

• Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

I am looking forward to the new Jack Ryan series with Kohn Krasinski.

https://youtu.be/phkwpuyQcUw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Season 3 of Red Oaks was short and mostly pointless--happy endings for everyone.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                  Season 3 of Red Oaks was short and mostly pointless--happy endings for everyone.
                  I haven't watched it, but season 2 was a bit of dud. I'm not sure anyone thought much past the first season.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I haven't watched it, but season 2 was a bit of dud. I'm not sure anyone thought much past the first season.
                    Yeah. Season 3 felt like they initially wrote episodes with a 10-12 episode season in mind and then suddenly they had to wrap it up in six.
                    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Watched Arrival last night, stars Amy Adams as a linguistics prof and Jeremy Renner as a theoretical physicist. A new take on the "multiple alien ships have landed and we don't know their intentions" genre. I rarely get to the movies anymore but this was one that had looked interesting. Recommended, I liked it a lot.
                      Last edited by SteelBlue; 11-06-2017, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                        Watched Arrival last night, stars Amy Adams as a linguistics prof and Jeremy Renner as a theoretical physicist. A new take on the "multiple alien ships have landed and we don't know their intentions" genre. I rarely get to the movies anymore but this was one that had looked interesting. Recommended, I liked it a lot.
                        The same director made the new Bladerunner movie, which was good but a little boring. He's also developing a new Dune movie(s), which I'm really looking forward to.
                        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                          The same director made the new Bladerunner movie, which was good but a little boring. He's also developing a new Dune movie(s), which I'm really looking forward to.
                          I have mix feelings about remaking Dune. The new special effects would be awesome but I am a sucker for the original..

Sure hope they figure some way to bring Sting back.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                            I have mix feelings about remaking Dune. The new special effects would be awesome but I am a sucker for the original..

Sure hope they figure some way to bring Sting back.

Sting can play Duncan Idaho. I can't imagine they can make him Baron Harkonnen.
                            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                              Sting can play Duncan Idaho. I can't imagine they can make him Baron Harkonnen.
                              Fat suit!
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                                Fat suit!
                                Paul Atreides: Nicholas Hoult

Lady Jessica: Jennifer Connelly

Duke Leto Atreides: Ralph Fiennes

Baron Harkonnen: Val Kilmer

Gurney Halleck: Patrick Stewart

Feyd Rautha: Harry Styles

Comment

Working...
                                X