Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I checked this out last night. I thought it was boring until they started the part about his family back in Utah. That kid's poor parents. Wow. His father is a saint.

The big reveal made me laugh: street people are mentally ill! Yeah. Who knew?
    Yep the poor parents of this kid.

Clearly Dylan isn’t entirely to blame for this because of his mental illness but he was such a good example of how mental illness makes a person supremely self-centered. He puts his family through hell and all he can talk about is how he is judged unfairly by Mormons. He doesn’t respect his family enough not to curse in their home but then wants everybody to bend over backward to accommodate him.

Agreed it wasn’t interesting until the Utah part and maybe only interesting (and only successful st Sundance) because of the Utah angle.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Yep the poor parents of this kid.

Clearly Dylan isn’t entirely to blame for this because of his mental illness but he was such a good example of how mental illness makes a person supremely self-centered. He puts his family through hell and all he can talk about is how he is judged unfairly by Mormons. He doesn’t respect his family enough not to curse in their home but then wants everybody to bend over backward to accommodate him.

Agreed it wasn’t interesting until the Utah part and maybe only interesting (and only successful st Sundance) because of the Utah angle.
    Yep.

His trashing of the church bugged the hell out of me given the circumstances, but the documentary ended up making Mormons look like wonderful people. His family bent over backwards to forgive him and love him in spite of all the heartache he created. Even the 85-yr-old grandma was nothing but kindness and love when he came home, in spite of his drugs, tats, alcohol, smoking, foul mouth, etc.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Started Friday Night Lights for the 2nd time again a few weeks ago. What a good show. Great characters, great character development, horrible football. Lol. But a fantastic show.