Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
    Anyone else watching Utopia? I’ve gotten through two episodes and it’s very interesting, but the violence/gore is over the top, especially in the second episode. Not sure I’m gonna make it through the whole season.
    Thanks for bringing this up. I hadn't heard of it. I watched a couple episodes and I liked it.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• For those that forgot to cancel Acorn TV timely like me, I've got a few recommendations:

The Other One: a comedy about a recently deceased man's separate families learning about one another after his untimely death. The devoted wife and the mistress; their respective daughters (same name, born days apart), are forced to deal with the loss of the husband/father they all loved, whilst learning to work through their significant personality differences. Hilarious. I highly recommend.

Deadwater Fell: This was so close to being amazing, David Tarrant (Dr. Who and Broadchurch) was great. Solid suspense, but it fell a little flat in the end. 4-part miniseries that is worth your time if you're struggling to find something to watch.

Foyle's War: Really, this is just Murder, She Wrote, UK/Male edition, but I really liked it until WWII is over. The transition to the cold war was....rough.

If you're really bored, consider a re-watch of The Detectorists. I think I liked it better the second time.
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Well.. The last episode of The Boys was crazy!!

Sure could have done without that ending.. [emoji15][emoji2357]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'll admit it. I watched Borat Subsequent Moviefilm: Delivery of Prodigious Bribe to American Regime for Make Benefit Once Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan. It's funnier and cringier than the original Borat, and definitely not a film for the whole family. There were several genuine LOL scenes, as well as a few that were extremely uncomfortable to watch. Rudy Giuliani is an unwitting fool, and during an interview he believes is genuine, declares that COVID was manufactured intentionally by the Chinese and then spread throughout the world intentionally. So many more scenes deserve comment, but I don't want to reveal spoilers for those with the stomach to tune in.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            I'll admit it. I watched Borat Subsequent Moviefilm: Delivery of Prodigious Bribe to American Regime for Make Benefit Once Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan. It's funnier and cringier than the original Borat, and definitely not a film for the whole family. There were several genuine LOL scenes, as well as a few that were extremely uncomfortable to watch. Rudy Giuliani is an unwitting fool, and during an interview he believes is genuine, declares that COVID was manufactured intentionally by the Chinese and then spread throughout the world intentionally. So many more scenes deserve comment, but I don't want to reveal spoilers for those with the stomach to tune in.
            I finally watched the original a couple of weeks ago. Worst nude scene EVER! Why oh why?

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
              For those that forgot to cancel Acorn TV timely like me, I've got a few recommendations:

The Other One: a comedy about a recently deceased man's separate families learning about one another after his untimely death. The devoted wife and the mistress; their respective daughters (same name, born days apart), are forced to deal with the loss of the husband/father they all loved, whilst learning to work through their significant personality differences. Hilarious. I highly recommend.

Deadwater Fell: This was so close to being amazing, David Tarrant (Dr. Who and Broadchurch) was great. Solid suspense, but it fell a little flat in the end. 4-part miniseries that is worth your time if you're struggling to find something to watch.

Foyle's War: Really, this is just Murder, She Wrote, UK/Male edition, but I really liked it until WWII is over. The transition to the cold war was....rough.

If you're really bored, consider a re-watch of The Detectorists. I think I liked it better the second time.
              I like collecting coins and that show made me wish I lived in Europe or even the East Coast. That would be a rad hobby.

Comment

• I just finished watching "What the Constitution Means to Me", a taping of the Pulitzer nominated play by Heidi Schrek. I enthusiastically recommend it.
                "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

I'll admit it. I watched Borat Subsequent Moviefilm: Delivery of Prodigious Bribe to American Regime for Make Benefit Once Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan. It's funnier and cringier than the original Borat, and definitely not a film for the whole family. There were several genuine LOL scenes, as well as a few that were extremely uncomfortable to watch. Rudy Giuliani is an unwitting fool, and during an interview he believes is genuine, declares that COVID was manufactured intentionally by the Chinese and then spread throughout the world intentionally. So many more scenes deserve comment, but I don't want to reveal spoilers for those with the stomach to tune in.
                  I mean, Rudy was basically caught getting ready to consummate the interview, so to speak.
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Zero Zero Zero—>very good.
                    I put this on my watchlist back in March after you posted this and finally got around to watching it over the last week. I agree, it was very entertaining. I was reading a little background on it and it was based on a book by Italian journalist Roberto Saviano. His first book was also made into a series about the Neapolitan crime organization Camorra, which liked it so much they put Saviano on their hit list and he now requires police protection. I'm going to see if I can find this first series to watch because ZeroZeroZero is good.

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/202...n-a-true-story

I wonder if there will be a season 2. I read that it was only slated as a single season, but:
                    Spoiler for spoiler:
                    the very end where Emma talks about a new shipment needed for Russia could very well be the seed for a new season.

Has anybody else watched Future Man? It's a zany, dark, and hilarious series on Amazon Prime Video that includes time travel, alternate dimensions, and even features a cameo by James Cameron's house-controlling sentient AI. I watched it a few months ago and am curious if I'm the only one that liked it. The kind of humor is not for everybody.

edit: it's possible I watched Future Man on Hulu because now I see that it's not on Prime.
                    Last edited by Lost Student; 11-17-2020, 05:59 PM.
                    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                      I put this on my watchlist back in March after you posted this and finally got around to watching it over the last week. I agree, it was very entertaining. I was reading a little background on it and it was based on a book by Italian journalist Roberto Saviano. His first book was also made into a series about the Neapolitan crime organization Camorra, which liked it so much they put Saviano on their hit list and he now requires police protection. I'm going to see if I can find this first series to watch because ZeroZeroZero is good.

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/202...n-a-true-story

I wonder if there will be a season 2. I read that it was only slated as a single season, but:
                      Spoiler for spoiler:
                      the very end where Emma talks about a new shipment needed for Russia could very well be the seed for a new season.

Has anybody else watched Future Man? It's a zany, dark, and hilarious series on Amazon Prime Video that includes time travel, alternate dimensions, and even features a cameo by James Cameron's house-controlling sentient AI. I watched it a few months ago and am curious if I'm the only one that liked it. The kind of humor is not for everybody.

edit: it's possible I watched Future Man on Hulu because now I see that it's not on Prime.
                      I just watched the series. I thought it was really well done, but I'm not sure I buy Stefano's (shifting) motivations. Also, it seemed that Manuel was simultaneously a wanted man and not at all concerned about capture/arrest/etc.

Spoiler for spoiler:
                      I did not read your spoiler before watching the season, so as I was watching, I was somewhat cognizant of ongoing storylines. The one that popped up for me was if Chris got Amina pregnant on their one-night stand

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I've always loved A Christmas Carol and several of the many film adaptations. I've never disliked any of them, but that winning streak came to a screeching halt this evening when I watched a 2020 edition of the classic. This one is stupefyingly bad and falls short of the production values of the movies we made in high school. Seriously. All but one of the 17 reviews give it one star (and they are far more entertaining than the movie). The lone two-star review had to have come from a cast member's relative. Everything about the movie (acting, direction, editing, "special effects", cheap synthesizer music, etc.) is disturbingly awful. By comparison, Plan 9 From Outer Space is Citizen Kane.. Why Amazon offers this cinematic turd blossom shall remain a mystery.

If you have nothing better to do, I recommend watching it the way I did--taking in brief snippets and zipping through the rest. Spending more than 5-10 minutes would require superhuman patience, or a blood alcohol level >.20. Merry Christmas!

Comment

I've always loved A Christmas Carol and several of the many film adaptations. I've never disliked any of them, but that winning streak came to a screeching halt this evening when I watched a 2020 edition of the classic. This one is stupefyingly bad and falls short of the production values of the movies we made in high school. Seriously. All but one of the 17 reviews give it one star (and they are far more entertaining than the movie). The lone two-star review had to have come from a cast member's relative. Everything about the movie (acting, direction, editing, "special effects", cheap synthesizer music, etc.) is disturbingly awful. By comparison, Plan 9 From Outer Space is Citizen Kane.. Why Amazon offers this cinematic turd blossom shall remain a mystery.

If you have nothing better to do, I recommend watching it the way I did--taking in brief snippets and zipping through the rest. Spending more than 5-10 minutes would require superhuman patience, or a blood alcohol level >.20. Merry Christmas!
                          IDK. I watched the trailer and it looks pretty well made to me. The acting looks amazing.

Comment

I've always loved A Christmas Carol and several of the many film adaptations. I've never disliked any of them, but that winning streak came to a screeching halt this evening when I watched a 2020 edition of the classic. This one is stupefyingly bad and falls short of the production values of the movies we made in high school. Seriously. All but one of the 17 reviews give it one star (and they are far more entertaining than the movie). The lone two-star review had to have come from a cast member's relative. Everything about the movie (acting, direction, editing, "special effects", cheap synthesizer music, etc.) is disturbingly awful. By comparison, Plan 9 From Outer Space is Citizen Kane.. Why Amazon offers this cinematic turd blossom shall remain a mystery.

Did you watch the version they did on FX last year with Tom Hardy? I missed it but thought it looked really interesting.

Comment

It was probably close to free for Amazon to stream that crap.

Comment

IDK. I watched the trailer and it looks pretty well made to me. The acting looks amazing.
                                '
                                Good call on watching the trailer, which captures all of the movie's, uh, strengths, including the nonstop snowfall outdoors, apparently achieved by unleashing the director's dandruff in front of the lens. Oh, and the superb music; hopefully I'll get the soundtrack in my Christmas stocking.

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                                Did you watch the version they did on FX last year with Tom Hardy? I missed it but thought it looked really interesting.
                                I didn't, but I will in the coming week. I need to purge my memory of this evening's horror.

Comment

Working...
                                X