The Mount Rushmore of Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wapiti View Post
    For BYU's Mt. Rushmore, the first 3 are easy. Not sure where to go for the 4th one though. Probably someone from before my time. Cosic is before my time but I trust my Dad's testimony of his greatness.

Jimmer
    Danny
    Kresimir
    ???
    My vote would go to Devin Durrant. He led the nation in scoring for most of his senior season, finished his career as the all-time leading BYU scorer. I think he was seventh or something in the Wooden Award voting.

Plus I can remember watching him play -- there may have been another one of those early guys (Dick Nemelka, Mel Hutchins) who was better but I would favor a "modern era" player.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      Was it Kareem or Walton that beat the UCLA varsity team when frown couldn't play?
      Kareem! They also outlawed the dunk while he was in college and reinstated it when he left!
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

I'll save Grace the time and ask, what does college basketba have to do with anything?
        I wasn't going to ask since I already knew the answer was zero.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
          My vote would go to Devin Durrant. He led the nation in scoring for most of his senior season, finished his career as the all-time leading BYU scorer. I think he was seventh or something in the Wooden Award voting.

Plus I can remember watching him play -- there may have been another one of those early guys (Dick Nemelka, Mel Hutchins) who was better but I would favor a "modern era" player.
          dick nemelka??

im starting to wonder whether the south elevators are too prestigious for this plaque.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Was it Kareem or Walton that beat the UCLA varsity team when frown couldn't play?
            It was Kareem. The freshman couldn't play Varsity, and the Varsity which were the defending national champions, and would win again that year couldn't beat the freshman team. That's one of my favorite stories from the history of basketball.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              dick nemelka??

im starting to wonder whether the south elevators are too prestigious for this plaque.
              Just cause Dick Nemelka turned into a shady lawyer later in life doesn't mean he wasn't a helluva basketball player in his day.

BYU won the NIT his senior year and I'm sure you know that was essentially a national championship and Dick was the best player on that team.

Comment

Working...
              X