No announcement yet.

Official FIFA 2018 Russia World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, We are all Mexico fans now. Sheesh.

Comment

So Iceland, a country of 335,000 qualifies by winning its group, and the US is in danger of being in fourth place in CONCACAF. That makes perfect sense.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
        So Iceland, a country of 335,000 qualifies by winning its group, and the US is in danger of being in fourth place in CONCACAF. That makes perfect sense.
        If Panama scores again we are in 5th and out. This is excruciating

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
          If Panama scores again we are in 5th and out. This is excruciating
          I almost would welcome it so that we could clean house and resort more to the academy program, thereby jettisoning the cumbersome and inefficient club system for national player development. We have millions of players in youth soccer but this is the quality of play our wealthy nation produces?

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
            I almost would welcome it so that we could clean house and resort more to the academy program, thereby jettisoning the cumbersome and inefficient club system for national player development. We have millions of players in youth soccer but this is the quality of play our wealthy nation produces?
            I doubt one missed world cup would be enough to completely overhaul the entire system.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Ouch. This hurts as much any sporting result I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                I doubt one missed world cup would be enough to completely overhaul the entire system.
                You are most likely correct, but we've been laboring at this for decades, and now the US can't qualify? In a weak group? It almost feels like rooting for BYU football.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Everything went possible went wrong. This sets back soccer in the US quite a bit. The surge that happens every four years at World Cup time is really what has created a lot of interest here. Bummer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                      As long as our loss isn't coupled with a Panama AND a Honduras win, we are still alive. Honduras just went down one to Mexico
                      Not much chance of that — agreed.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                        Not much chance of that — agreed.
                        Shouldn't have said anything. I'm so depressed. Gulati needs to be fired tonight. This was his experiment and it exploded. Fusnik called this two years ago. I was blind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                          Shouldn't have said anything. I'm so depressed. Gulati needs to be fired tonight. This was his experiment and it exploded. Fusnik called this two years ago. I was blind.
                          What US Soccer's philosophy?
                          What style of play is it committed to play?
                          How does it identify and develop players for its youth national pools?

I don't believe there is any consistency and apparent direction. The US is in a world of hurt.

Comment

• Can't Putin just give us a sponsor's exemption? Trump will work something out.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              It should. The direction of US Soccer has been on a slow decline for years. US Soccer needs an overhaul and it needs to start with Sunil.
                              One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
                              SU

Comment

• I’m bummed that Chile was eliminated. Vidal, Sanchez and company would have a chance to beat anybody and had some bad luck. The US doesn’t deserve it.

Comment

Working...
                                X