Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official FIFA 2018 Russia World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    3-0... Even Bradley and Dempsey getting in on the action!
    Pulisic and Nagbe making a huge difference going forward. And Bradley is back in his natural defensive midfield position. Arena looks like a genius right now.

Pulisic is the future. So smooth. 4-0 now.

Edit: 5-0 now on a Dempsey goal from a beautiful Pulisic assist.
    Last edited by Omaha 680; 03-24-2017 at 09:01 PM.

Umm.. Pulisic is really, really, really good.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Umm.. Pulisic is really, really, really good.
    At age 18 he's probably accomplished more in his club career than any US player in history. Legit contributor for a top 10 team in the world. It will be fun to see how his career develops.

Pre-Historic Man

Nice play by the forwards and it's good to see Pulisic in the attacking role. I thought the back line was disorganized at times and the midfield was not as involved. Bradley made some bad passes, but he also made some good ones.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Scoreless in the 22nd minute in Panama. We look kind of sloppy up front compared to Friday, but the back line has played very organized. They were a mess the final year of Jurgen's tenure so hopefully this is a trend.

Panama appear to want to rough up Pulisic.

I want to have Pulisic's baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    I want to have Pulisic's baby.

It's not creepy because he's 18!

Horrible error by Ream that gave Panama the goal. I was scratching my head when he got the start...

A bit disappointing but I'll take the point on the road. That ref had a rough game.

Dang. A win sure would have been nice.

We still have our work cut out for us.

Yuge game tonight. After a solid win against Trinidad and Tobago, we are on the road in Azteca. We have one WC qualifying point ever in that stadium. A result is not vital to qualifying, but it would be a big psychological boost to Arena Part II.

Edit: Also Pulisic kind of pulled a Broadway Joe in post match comments Thrusday and "guaranteed" a win today. I love this kid more and more.
    Last edited by Omaha 680; 06-11-2017 at 09:55 AM.

1-1 at half. Bradley with all-timer of a goal stealing it near midfield and then chipping over Ochoa who was too far off his line. Our defense has been solid for the most part but they caught us in a very effective counter for their goal.

It has been super physical and from my biased perspective pretty dirty at times by Mexico. Salcedo had a vicious elbow to Bobby Wood's head that should have been a straight red in the first 5 minutes.

These Ref's are not calling anything on Mexico and they have been very dirty and acting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always loved Beasley, but he is too old for their speed on the wings.

I'm very happy to get out with a point. Bradley and Pusilic each had a chance to steal the win in the last 15 minutes but so did Mexico with a free kick off the post that had Guzan beat. Apart from the rare WC qualifying result at Azteca it was really refreshing to just play Mexico even again.

What a goal.

CONMEBOL is crazy right now.

The top four qualify. The fifth goes into a playoff, I think it's against New Zealand. Sixth and lower are out.

With one game left, Brazil's in. Uruguay is in second at 28 points and could drop to fifth but no lower. After that, there are five teams (Chile, Colombia, Peru, Argentina, Paraguay) fighting for three more spots, and anything could happen.

Argentina's sitting at 6th right now. They're in with a win, but probably out with a draw or worse.

Chile's also in a tough spot. They're in with draw or win, but likely out with a loss. They play Brazil, but I don't know if they will play a full strength team with nothing to play for.

I'd rank five of CONMEBOL's teams in the top 15 in the world. Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Colombia, Chile. It would be a shame if someone got left out. Especially Argentina.

I know you guys can barely live with the anticipation of the CONMEBOL games tomorrow. I put the probability for World Cup Qualification at:

Brazil, Urugay in
    Chile 68%
    Colombia 66%
    Peru 46%
    Argentina 76%
    Paruguay 45%

Quite a shame CONMEBOL gets four and CONCACAF gets three when CONCACAF's second best team would regularly be about 7th in CONMEBOL.

Quote Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
    I know you guys can barely live with the anticipation of the CONMEBOL games tomorrow. I put the probability for World Cup Qualification at:

Brazil, Urugay in
    Chile 68%
    Colombia 66%
    Peru 46%
    Argentina 76%
    Paruguay 45%

Quite a shame CONMEBOL gets four and CONCACAF gets three when CONCACAF's second best team would regularly be about 7th in CONMEBOL.
    You're one of those weirdos that is happy the world cup is going to 48 teams in 2026, aren't you?

I'm ok with good teams not getting in. CONMEBOL is obviously better than CONCACAF, your final sentence is pretty hyperbolic. The second best team in CONCACAF the last two cycles is Costa Rica. They would not finish 7th in South America. You also have to consider the number of teams. Yeah South America only gets a max of 5 in non-host years, but there are only 10 teams in the confederation. CONCACAF has 41.

In two more cycles you won't have to worry, though. But the price to pay is 3 team group play.

Last match day of concacaf qualifying. We are through with a draw. There are literally less than 500 people in the stadium in Trinidad.

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    You're one of those weirdos that is happy the world cup is going to 48 teams in 2026, aren't you?

I'm ok with good teams not getting in. CONMEBOL is obviously better than CONCACAF, your final sentence is pretty hyperbolic. The second best team in CONCACAF the last two cycles is Costa Rica. They would not finish 7th in South America. You also have to consider the number of teams. Yeah South America only gets a max of 5 in non-host years, but there are only 10 teams in the confederation. CONCACAF has 41.

In two more cycles you won't have to worry, though. But the price to pay is 3 team group play.
    2nd best team in CONCACAF vs 6th in CONMEBOL is a comparison between Costa Rica/US and Ecuador. I think Ecuador is clear better team here.

Anyway, yeah, huge night for a lot of teams.

Uh oh.

Quote Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
    2nd best team in CONCACAF vs 6th in CONMEBOL is a comparison between Costa Rica/US and Ecuador. I think Ecuador is clear better team here.

Anyway, yeah, huge night for a lot of teams.
    Maybe. Meanwhile: ugh what a whiff by Howard.

And should have been a penalty shot for T&T.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Uh oh.
    As long as our loss isn't coupled with a Panama AND a Honduras win, we are still alive. Honduras just went down one to Mexico

Almost let another one in. Wake the eff up guys.

So far Mexico is returning the huge favor we did them on the last match day of last cycle.

Edit: nevermind

So. Uhh... This isn't good.

Howard is done. If we make it through we need different answer.