Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Official FIFA 2018 Russia World Cup

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Not familiar with AYSO?
    We have always participated in this system.
    http://championships.usyouthsoccer.org/

It's not linked to the championship series as far as I know.
    http://www.lvsoccer.org/about.aspx

Isn't this the main national youth soccer association?
    http://www.usyouthsoccer.org/aboutus/WhatIsYouthSoccer/
    Last edited by Topper; 10-12-2017 at 09:56 PM.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    We have always participated in this system. AYSO looks like a rec system, as it doesn't appear to be linked to USSF.

http://championships.usyouthsoccer.org/
    It is an independent rec league, that is correct. And it is probably the biggest league--in terms of participants--in the entire country. They've been operating for 50 years are have programs in every single state across the country. It is incredible to me that you, a soccer parent and fan, are not familiar with AYSO.

They don't have the same goals as USSF. AYSO's goals are to expose kids to soccer and do it in a way that maximizes that exposure and the kids' enjoyment of the game.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    It is an independent rec league, that is correct. And it is probably the biggest league--in terms of participants--in the entire country. They've been operating for 50 years are have programs in every single state across the country. It is incredible to me that you, a soccer parent and fan, are not familiar with AYSO.

They don't have the same goals as USSF. AYSO's goals are to expose kids to soccer and do it in a way that maximizes that exposure and the kids' enjoyment of the game.
    Well I admit to being a fan, but my involvement with youth soccer began with my kids. When we were directed to competitive soccer, we were directed to USSF, and told the other stuff was just rec stuff, so I never investigated it. My wife is a national level coach with USSF, so I am certain she must know about that organization, but she has always been involved at the highly competitive level. I confess to knowing almost nothing about rec soccer.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Yeah, so the rule is for U11 from USSF. Here they combine age groups, so there is only U10,U12, U14, U16 so by rule the U12 cannot head the ball because it contains U11 players. Hence my confusion. If you have been watching U12 that is only that year, then heading would be allowed.

We live in to small an area for club soccer, so AYSO is it. Our little region is fairly competitive and will play in tournaments with clubs (non AYSO) from other areas and compete well.