• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just saw that Russia beat Spain.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
      Holy crap.

Well at least they strung together a bunch of passes in the midfield
      That was dumb. Should have been attacking earlier and more often.

But you are correct. They killed Russia with 700+ successful passes.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• What’s this about De Gea being one of the best goalies in the world? He looked horrible on those PKs.

Comment

• Those VW commercials are sorta annoying, but I could watch the one with the “Brazilian” fan all day long, bad accent and all.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Favorite goal of the tournament so far?

Mine is Pavard against Argentina (even though I was cheering for Argentina). You just can't strike the ball any sweeter than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
              Favorite goal of the tournament so far?

Mine is Pavard against Argentina (even though I was cheering for Argentina). You just can't strike the ball any sweeter than that.
              Yep. Easily the best goal so far. A slicing bender on first contact that curves around the keeper and buries in the side of the net just past the post? Sign me up.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• I wondered if that wasn't a lucky shot.

Cavani's two goals against Portugal were pretty awesome, especially that first header.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Bad way to start off your work week, but YOLO. Planning to watch Brazil Mexico with my boys. If I can wake them up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                    Favorite goal of the tournament so far?

Uruguay's Edinson Cavani passes way across the field to Suarez only to receive it back in the box and off his face/chest into the goal after receiving back a perfect pass from Suarez. Incredible. Two of my three favorite teams didn't qualify, so Uruguay is all I have to cheer for. Fortunately they're looking very good so far.
                    Last edited by BlueK; 07-02-2018, 07:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                      Bad way to start off your work week, but YOLO. Planning to watch Brazil Mexico with my boys. If I can wake them up.
                      Nearly the entire first 15 mins have been spent on the Brazilian half of the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        Nearly the entire first 15 mins have been spent on the Brazilian half of the field.
                        But the rest was spent mainly on the opposite side. Brazil looks the better team but Mexico's counters have been very strong

Comment

• Ochoa can only do so much.
                          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• japan is fun to watch. How do you make a soccer ball knuckle from 20 yards away? That seems almost impossible to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                                japan is fun to watch. How do you make a soccer ball knuckle from 20 yards away? That seems almost impossible to do.
                                That was a solid goal.
                                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                                X