Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Official FIFA 2018 Russia World Cup

I just saw that Russia beat Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Holy crap.

Well at least they strung together a bunch of passes in the midfield
    That was dumb. Should have been attacking earlier and more often.

But you are correct. They killed Russia with 700+ successful passes.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

What’s this about De Gea being one of the best goalies in the world? He looked horrible on those PKs.

Those VW commercials are sorta annoying, but I could watch the one with the “Brazilian” fan all day long, bad accent and all.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Favorite goal of the tournament so far?

Mine is Pavard against Argentina (even though I was cheering for Argentina). You just can't strike the ball any sweeter than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post

Mine is Pavard against Argentina (even though I was cheering for Argentina). You just can't strike the ball any sweeter than that.
    Yep. Easily the best goal so far. A slicing bender on first contact that curves around the keeper and buries in the side of the net just past the post? Sign me up.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

I wondered if that wasn't a lucky shot.

Cavani's two goals against Portugal were pretty awesome, especially that first header.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Bad way to start off your work week, but YOLO. Planning to watch Brazil Mexico with my boys. If I can wake them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post

Uruguay's Edinson Cavani passes way across the field to Suarez only to receive it back in the box and off his face/chest into the goal after receiving back a perfect pass from Suarez. Incredible. Two of my three favorite teams didn't qualify, so Uruguay is all I have to cheer for. Fortunately they're looking very good so far.
    Last edited by BlueK; 07-02-2018 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
    Bad way to start off your work week, but YOLO. Planning to watch Brazil Mexico with my boys. If I can wake them up.
    Nearly the entire first 15 mins have been spent on the Brazilian half of the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Nearly the entire first 15 mins have been spent on the Brazilian half of the field.
    But the rest was spent mainly on the opposite side. Brazil looks the better team but Mexico's counters have been very strong

Ochoa can only do so much.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

japan is fun to watch. How do you make a soccer ball knuckle from 20 yards away? That seems almost impossible to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    japan is fun to watch. How do you make a soccer ball knuckle from 20 yards away? That seems almost impossible to do.
    That was a solid goal.

Belgium seems desperate.

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

Are Tony Meola and Troy Aikman related? I can't get over how close their voices wound. I keep waiting for him to give some great insight like "You've got to be able to run the ball, if you want to win in the National Football League"

That was a weird goal.

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    That was a weird goal.
    What a mistake not to challenge the header, but what a perfectly placed ball.

Boo.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

That corner looked like it should’ve been a goal kick. The 1st one.

Damn! Nice saves!

The Belgian goalie should get an assist on that last goal.

Great game. Belgium finally woke up.

I think Belgium has the best attack and potentially the best team, but they've got to figure out their defense or they won't go much further. You can't play a three back set up if none of your midfielders want to defend.

Double boo.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

I feel badly for Japan. They played well enough to win, but Belgium has a lot of talent.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Go Belgium. Hooray.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

I thought France’s Hat was dead in the water but they pulled it off.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    I thought France’s Hat was dead in the water but they pulled it off.
    France's Hat? I think they prefer the slogan: Belgium: Freeway for Europe's Armies!
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    France's Hat? I think they prefer the slogan: Belgium: Freeway for Europe's Armies!
    We were in the Netherlands recently and a Dutch woman said, "We say that the people from Belgium aren't very smart and they say we are cheap. And we are both right."

Ha.