X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got Belgium

Allez les bleus!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
      No real "Group of Deaths". I guess without Italy, Netherlands, Chile, and even US, it makes for easier groups.
      Closest is Mexico's group. South Korea is the worst and they are no pushover. If Zlatan comes out of retirement, Mexico is going to have a hard time going through.

Comment

• I got Russia. Maybe trump and I can get to watch our boys!
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          I got Belgium

Allez les bleus!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Is there a deeper team right now? So much talent.

Comment

• World Cup starts this week. Should be awesome. So sad that US is not in it, mainly because that so much affects how it is marketed and the interest level the general public has. My top 10 with World Cup win probabilities:

1 Germany 18%
            2 Brazil 16%
            3 France 12%
            4 Spain 8%
            5 Argentina 7%
            6 Belgium 6%
            7 Italy (failed to qualify)
            8 England 2%
            9 Portugal 2%
            10 Uruguay 2%

Comment

• I still can't do this. Maybe when the games start.

Comment

• There are not really any group of deaths this time. The super powers are all spread out well. Group D is probably the toughest, with three top 20 teams in Argentina, Croatia, and Nigeria.

Comment

There are not really any group of deaths this time. The super powers are all spread out well. Group D is probably the toughest, with three top 20 teams in Argentina, Croatia, and Nigeria.
                  What about Germany's group? It looks as if Mexico may struggle to advance out of that group with Sweden and South Korea.
                  "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

World Cup starts this week. Should be awesome. So sad that US is not in it, mainly because that so much affects how it is marketed and the interest level the general public has. My top 10 with World Cup win probabilities:

1 Germany 18%
                    2 Brazil 16%
                    3 France 12%
                    4 Spain 8%
                    5 Argentina 7%
                    6 Belgium 6%
                    8 England 2%
                    9 Portugal 2%
                    10 Uruguay 2%
                    If anybody other than Germany, France, Brazil or Spain won, I'd be shocked.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                      What about Germany's group? It looks as if Mexico may struggle to advance out of that group with Sweden and South Korea.
                      FIFA rankings have Mexico at 15, Sweden at 24, Korea at 57. Sometimes FIFA rankings are way out of whack, but I agree with these generally. Korea always seems to play above their heads at World Cup, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                        If anybody other than Germany, France, Brazil or Spain won, I'd be shocked.
                        I think there is huge talent differential. Germany and Brazil are better than everyone else. And France, Spain, Argentina, Belgium are way better than below them. And then the top 12 or so are a lot better than below that. But the nature of soccer with one game instead of a seven game series and one goal determining outcome of a game usually, there are a lot more upsets. Portugal won the last Eurocup.

Comment

• I would love to see England make a run but they are a cursed nation in international soccer lately.

Second favorite would be Mexico but I don’t think they are very good.

Comment

I think there is huge talent differential. Germany and Brazil are better than everyone else. And France, Spain, Argentina, Belgium are way better than below them. And then the top 12 or so are a lot better than below that. But the nature of soccer with one game instead of a seven game series and one goal determining outcome of a game usually, there are a lot more upsets. Portugal won the last Eurocup.
                            I agree with your assessment. Is Neuer healthy? I'd be surprised to see Portugal pull off another upset, but Belgium might sneak in.

Comment

World Cup starts this week. Should be awesome. So sad that US is not in it, mainly because that so much affects how it is marketed and the interest level the general public has. My top 10 with World Cup win probabilities:

1 Germany 18%
                              2 Brazil 16%
                              3 France 12%
                              4 Spain 8%
                              5 Argentina 7%
                              6 Belgium 6%
                              8 England 2%
                              9 Portugal 2%
                              10 Uruguay 2%
                              I'm confused. Why is Italy included here?
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                I'm confused. Why is Italy included here?
                                You're easily confused. That is my world rankings top 10. notice in parenthesis "failed to qualify" after Italy.

Comment

Working...
                                X