Official FIFA 2018 Russia World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Argentina squeaks through to the second round, then gets France. Ouch!
    France was sure lackluster today. It reminded me of the Disgrace of Gijon in 1982.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Hoooo! Many tears of joy shed by Argentines.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Congrats to Live Coug on Sweden advancing. Mexico and Germany were very pedestrian. Germany from Champs to Chumps.
        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• This England Belgium game for me was the best of the group stage. Bummer that it seems both teams are incentivized to lose now, and they're resting all their best players.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
            This England Belgium game for me was the best of the group stage. Bummer that it seems both teams are incentivized to lose now, and they're resting all their best players.
            Yeah, to me this was hands down the best game in all of pool play. So I was bummed to see they wouldn't meet until game 3 because I figured there was a good chance by then the game wouldn't mean much. Turns out it means something, but in reverse. Not sure there's much worse in sports than a game between 2 teams who are trying to lose.

Comment

• So Japan and Senegal end up deadlocked in the standings and even after all the traditional tie breakers. So Japan advances based on having had fewer yellow cards. This reminds me of BYU71s postings about the Sportsmanship trophy in church sports back in his day.
              Last edited by BlueK; 06-28-2018, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                So Japan and Senegal end up deadlocked in the standings and even after all the traditional tie breakers. So Japan advances based on having had fewer yellow cards. This reminds me of BYU71s postings about the Sportsmanship trophy in church sports back in his day.
                Yes, the last 5 minutes of the game featured Japan's players walking and making 3 foot passes back and forth while Poland didn't even bother to walk. Poland gets to go home with a win and thus a little less shame and Japan just needed to ensure they didn't pick up any yellows. Good thing they play the games simultaneously

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                  So Japan and Senegal end up deadlocked in the standings and even after all the traditional tie breakers. So Japan advances based on having had fewer yellow cards. This reminds me of BYU71s postings about the Sportsmanship trophy in church sports back in his day.
                  Japanese politeness and deference pays off!!!
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Argentina/France is the best game of the tournament so far. One penalty and three world class goals. 2-2 in the 59th minute.

Comment

• What a game. Mbappe is awesome.

Comment

• Wow. Messi's passes are just a work of art.

Comment

• Wow the PSG players are kicking butt today: Mbappe, Di Maria, and Cavani have been so good.

Comment

• I'm super excited for that Messi/Ronaldo showdown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                              I'm super excited for that Messi/Ronaldo showdown.
                              lol
                              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Holy crap.

Well at least they strung together a bunch of passes in the midfield

Comment

Working...
                                X