No announcement yet.

Official FIFA 2018 Russia World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm very happy to get out with a point. Bradley and Pusilic each had a chance to steal the win in the last 15 minutes but so did Mexico with a free kick off the post that had Guzan beat. Apart from the rare WC qualifying result at Azteca it was really refreshing to just play Mexico even again.

Comment

What a goal.

Comment

CONMEBOL is crazy right now.

The top four qualify. The fifth goes into a playoff, I think it's against New Zealand. Sixth and lower are out.

With one game left, Brazil's in. Uruguay is in second at 28 points and could drop to fifth but no lower. After that, there are five teams (Chile, Colombia, Peru, Argentina, Paraguay) fighting for three more spots, and anything could happen.

Argentina's sitting at 6th right now. They're in with a win, but probably out with a draw or worse.

Chile's also in a tough spot. They're in with draw or win, but likely out with a loss. They play Brazil, but I don't know if they will play a full strength team with nothing to play for.

I'd rank five of CONMEBOL's teams in the top 15 in the world. Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Colombia, Chile. It would be a shame if someone got left out. Especially Argentina.

Comment

I know you guys can barely live with the anticipation of the CONMEBOL games tomorrow. I put the probability for World Cup Qualification at:

Brazil, Urugay in
          Chile 68%
          Colombia 66%
          Peru 46%
          Argentina 76%
          Paruguay 45%

Quite a shame CONMEBOL gets four and CONCACAF gets three when CONCACAF's second best team would regularly be about 7th in CONMEBOL.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
            I know you guys can barely live with the anticipation of the CONMEBOL games tomorrow. I put the probability for World Cup Qualification at:

Brazil, Urugay in
            Chile 68%
            Colombia 66%
            Peru 46%
            Argentina 76%
            Paruguay 45%

Quite a shame CONMEBOL gets four and CONCACAF gets three when CONCACAF's second best team would regularly be about 7th in CONMEBOL.
            You're one of those weirdos that is happy the world cup is going to 48 teams in 2026, aren't you?

I'm ok with good teams not getting in. CONMEBOL is obviously better than CONCACAF, your final sentence is pretty hyperbolic. The second best team in CONCACAF the last two cycles is Costa Rica. They would not finish 7th in South America. You also have to consider the number of teams. Yeah South America only gets a max of 5 in non-host years, but there are only 10 teams in the confederation. CONCACAF has 41.

In two more cycles you won't have to worry, though. But the price to pay is 3 team group play.

Comment

Last match day of concacaf qualifying. We are through with a draw. There are literally less than 500 people in the stadium in Trinidad.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                You're one of those weirdos that is happy the world cup is going to 48 teams in 2026, aren't you?

I'm ok with good teams not getting in. CONMEBOL is obviously better than CONCACAF, your final sentence is pretty hyperbolic. The second best team in CONCACAF the last two cycles is Costa Rica. They would not finish 7th in South America. You also have to consider the number of teams. Yeah South America only gets a max of 5 in non-host years, but there are only 10 teams in the confederation. CONCACAF has 41.

In two more cycles you won't have to worry, though. But the price to pay is 3 team group play.
                2nd best team in CONCACAF vs 6th in CONMEBOL is a comparison between Costa Rica/US and Ecuador. I think Ecuador is clear better team here.

Anyway, yeah, huge night for a lot of teams.

Comment

Uh oh.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                    2nd best team in CONCACAF vs 6th in CONMEBOL is a comparison between Costa Rica/US and Ecuador. I think Ecuador is clear better team here.

Anyway, yeah, huge night for a lot of teams.
                    Maybe. Meanwhile: ugh what a whiff by Howard.

Comment

And should have been a penalty shot for T&T.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                        Uh oh.
                        As long as our loss isn't coupled with a Panama AND a Honduras win, we are still alive. Honduras just went down one to Mexico

Comment

Almost let another one in. Wake the eff up guys.

Comment

So far Mexico is returning the huge favor we did them on the last match day of last cycle.

Edit: nevermind

Comment

So. Uhh... This isn't good.

Comment

Howard is done. If we make it through we need different answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X