Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Not familiar with AYSO?
    We have always participated in this system.
    http://championships.usyouthsoccer.org/

It's not linked to the championship series as far as I know.
    http://www.lvsoccer.org/about.aspx

Isn't this the main national youth soccer association?
    http://www.usyouthsoccer.org/aboutus/WhatIsYouthSoccer/
    Last edited by Topper; 10-12-2017, 09:56 PM.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
      We have always participated in this system. AYSO looks like a rec system, as it doesn't appear to be linked to USSF.

http://championships.usyouthsoccer.org/
      It is an independent rec league, that is correct. And it is probably the biggest league--in terms of participants--in the entire country. They've been operating for 50 years are have programs in every single state across the country. It is incredible to me that you, a soccer parent and fan, are not familiar with AYSO.

They don't have the same goals as USSF. AYSO's goals are to expose kids to soccer and do it in a way that maximizes that exposure and the kids' enjoyment of the game.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

It is an independent rec league, that is correct. And it is probably the biggest league--in terms of participants--in the entire country. They've been operating for 50 years are have programs in every single state across the country. It is incredible to me that you, a soccer parent and fan, are not familiar with AYSO.

They don't have the same goals as USSF. AYSO's goals are to expose kids to soccer and do it in a way that maximizes that exposure and the kids' enjoyment of the game.
        Well I admit to being a fan, but my involvement with youth soccer began with my kids. When we were directed to competitive soccer, we were directed to USSF, and told the other stuff was just rec stuff, so I never investigated it. My wife is a national level coach with USSF, so I am certain she must know about that organization, but she has always been involved at the highly competitive level. I confess to knowing almost nothing about rec soccer.
        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Yeah, so the rule is for U11 from USSF. Here they combine age groups, so there is only U10,U12, U14, U16 so by rule the U12 cannot head the ball because it contains U11 players. Hence my confusion. If you have been watching U12 that is only that year, then heading would be allowed.

We live in to small an area for club soccer, so AYSO is it. Our little region is fairly competitive and will play in tournaments with clubs (non AYSO) from other areas and compete well.

Comment

• The draw is today.

I am not getting over this. It may end up being the biggest disappointment in the history of my fandom.

Comment

• Also, find out who you should cheer for with the US out:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...espn:frontpage

I got South Korea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                Also, find out who you should cheer for with the US out:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...espn:frontpage

I got South Korea.
                I can't stand south korea. Hope all of their speed skaters fall in the upcoming olympics.

Comment

• Serbia!!!!

Comment

• Go Switzerland!!!
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Iceland. Should work out for me about as well as if the US had made it.

Comment

• Mexico.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                          Mexico.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                          Traitor.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I can't believe Italy and the Netherlands aren't in it. lol at Morocco and Iran, good luck with Spain and Portugal.
                            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Traitor.
                              That's kind of how I felt when I saw it pop up on the screen.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• No real "Group of Deaths". I guess without Italy, Netherlands, Chile, and even US, it makes for easier groups.

Comment

Working...
                                X