Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoops. That was unfortunate.

Comment

US in a friendly against Brazil tonight. While I am the first to always point out how far US Soccer has come in the past 20 years, it's games like these that show us how far we still have to go. Their speed and control slice through our midfield and back line without much resistance. We had our moments with a few chances going forward, but we are pretty lucky to only be down 1-0 at half.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
        US in a friendly against Brazil tonight. While I am the first to always point out how far US Soccer has come in the past 20 years, it's games like these that show us how far we still have to go. Their speed and control slice through our midfield and back line without much resistance. We had our moments with a few chances going forward, but we are pretty lucky to only be down 1-0 at half.
        It's late on a Tuesday night, but the turnout is disappointing. The stadium is not sold out, and 75% of the crowd are Brazil supporters.

Douglas Costa is a beast. It's no wonder he's starting for Bayern.
        "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
        "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

So, uh, we don't look very good.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
            I know we're missing some veteran defenders, but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

We look like we are wearing ankle weights in the back line.

Comment

We look like we are wearing ankle weights in the back line.

I got rid of cable, so I'm gameless tonight. I should've had an activity for the game at school. Dangit.
                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                  We looked like shit.
                  "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Not surprising.

Brazilian players play in the best leagues for years.

Americans play in MLS.

Is anyone really surprised at the skill difference?

Juergen is done.

Comment

Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                      Not surprising.

Americans play in MLS.

Juergen is done.
                      LOL. Ok Taylor Twellman.

Comment

LOL. Ok Taylor Twellman.
                        He's Bradley 2.0.

The only difference between the two is they won a couple of friendlies in Europe. USMNT hasn't progressed in real tournaments and last night was further evidence his time has probably come.

Comment

He's Bradley 2.0.

The only difference between the two is they won a couple of friendlies in Europe. USMNT hasn't progressed in real tournaments and last night was further evidence his time has probably come.
                          You use a friendly against a loaded side that we have beaten once ever (17 years ago) while missing some of our key defenders as evidence that his time has come? There are a lot of great teams that look silly against Brazil. Yes the effort was lacking last night but you said yourself we have had some nice wins against good competition in friendlies recently. The only big whiff by Klinsmann was getting bounced in the semifinal of the Gold Cup by Jamaica. But if we win against Mexico in the Rose Bowl next month that will be forgiven. If we play against Mexico like we did last night I'll get a little antsy.

Klinsmann is a victim of his own tinkering at times. He likes to try out young players and different combinations and sometimes they bomb like last night. But that strategy also has some great young talent being developed. And it got us out of the group of death last world cup and within one botched Wondolowski finish from bouncing a top 5 team in the round of 16. Bradley would not have had us in that position.

Comment

You use a friendly against a loaded side that we have beaten once ever (17 years ago) while missing some of our key defenders as evidence that his time has come? There are a lot of great teams that look silly against Brazil. Yes the effort was lacking last night but you said yourself we have had some nice wins against good competition in friendlies recently. The only big whiff by Klinsmann was getting bounced in the semifinal of the Gold Cup by Jamaica. But if we win against Mexico in the Rose Bowl next month that will be forgiven. If we play against Mexico like we did last night I'll get a little antsy.

Klinsmann is a victim of his own tinkering at times. He likes to try out young players and different combinations and sometimes they bomb like last night. But that strategy also has some great young talent being developed. And it got us out of the group of death last world cup and within one botched Wondolowski finish from bouncing a top 5 team in the round of 16. Bradley would not have had us in that position.
                            Now is the time to experiment with youth. The complaint I would have was the effort and the use of Bedoya as a holding mid. I don't believe the US should consider anybody too tough and I am not impressed by Brazil any longer. As you write, the test will be against Mexico, who scored the first goal against Argentina last night. I did not stay to watch the final, as I can't stand Mexico doing well, especially after that lousy night by the USMNT.

Klinsi has enough success to be allowed to experiment. When is he supposed to experiment, only against lousy teams? I'd rather challenge the youth against Brazil, three years before any tournaments than several years later in qualifying. Being bounced by Jamaica was a downer but I still believe Klinsi is worlds better than Bradley. Fusnick is simply trolling.
                            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Not surprising.

Americans play in MLS.

Juergen is done.
                              Actually, when the US plays its "A" team most of the players are not from the MLS.

Comment

Won lottery for USA tickets v Mexico.

Bought my allowed allotment.

Comment

Working...
                                X