Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 48 of 48

Thread: How many times have you held the brass ring?

  1. #31
    Soul Plumber wuapinmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Hartsville, South Carolina
    Posts
    28,338

    Default

    Georgia Tech: 1990
    Atlanta Braves: 1995, but Bream safe at home was the best feeling ever.
    La Liga Deportiva Alajuelense: 1995-1996, 1996-1997, 1999-2000, 2000-2001, 2001-2002, 2002-2003, 2004-2005
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

  2. #32
    Senior Member Omaha 680's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Harlem
    Posts
    7,937

    Default

    BYU Football: 1984
    Nebraska Football: 1994, 1995, 1997
    LA Dodgers: 1988 (Don't remember 1981)
    NY Islanders: Don't remember 4 in a row. Started cheering for them 3 or 4 years later.

    We were a Chicago Bulls family during the six championships but I can't claim them because I haven't followed them much since.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkGrace View Post
    Can't wait until BoylenOver/Redbird shows up. He rather miraculously has one of his teams competing for a championship in at least one sport every single year.
    I've seen the Broncos and Cardinals win two titles each. 1998 still stings for Utah. I've seen RSL lose two cup finals in person. Seeing the Grizzlies win an IHL title in '95 was cool for 8-year-old me.

    Hopefully the Blues can make it happen in the next year or two.

  4. #34
    Grooveshark dick tease MarkGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    31,576

    Default

    You missed those Crimson Tide titles!
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

  5. #35
    Suomalainen New Mexican Disaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Free State of Nickajack
    Posts
    4,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkGrace View Post
    You missed those Crimson Tide titles!
    But I did not. Bama 2009, 2011 and 2012. That was a good four year run. Hopefully we get back on top next year.

    I can't take credit for the 1992 championship because I was not a true fan then.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
    But I did not. Bama 2009, 2011 and 2012. That was a good four year run. Hopefully we get back on top next year.

    I can't take credit for the 1992 championship because I was not a true fan then.
    Even ignoring my specious connection to the school, I don't take anywhere near the same level of enjoyment or pride in Alabama's titles compared to Utes/Broncos/Cards/Blues. There hasn't been an ounce of suffering since I started rooting for them.

  7. #37
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    46,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoylenOver View Post
    Even ignoring my specious connection to the school, I don't take anywhere near the same level of enjoyment or pride in Alabama's titles compared to Utes/Broncos/Cards/Blues. There hasn't been an ounce of suffering since I started rooting for them.


    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post


    turns out there's not much suffering in being a "fan" of a team you have no real connection to.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post


    Paying attention to your rivalry game can be tough.

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    Paying attention to your rivalry game can be tough.
    The game sucked, and the game in 2010 sucked, too. But Bama played in a BCS game and finished in the top 10. Hardly suffering.

  11. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoylenOver View Post
    I've seen the Broncos and Cardinals win two titles each. 1998 still stings for Utah. I've seen RSL lose two cup finals in person. Seeing the Grizzlies win an IHL title in '95 was cool for 8-year-old me.

    Hopefully the Blues can make it happen in the next year or two.
    Hopefully the Blues continue in their rightful place as no better than second fiddle to the Chicago Blackhawks. We are going to Patrick Kane a cabdriver on those bastards.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

    He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

  12. #42

    Default

    Yankees 1977, 1978, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2009
    BYU 1984, finishing off the 1996 season at the Cotton Bowl was nice too
    NDSU 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2011, 2012, 2013
    Lakers 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988
    Raiders 1980, 1983

  13. #43
    sweet triple TripletDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    58,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Copelius View Post
    Yankees 1977, 1978, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2009
    BYU 1984, finishing off the 1996 season at the Cotton Bowl was nice too
    NDSU 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2011, 2012, 2013
    Lakers 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988
    Raiders 1980, 1983
    i have some great news for you. The lakers have won 5 more since the 80s.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.


  14. #44
    Dolphins Rape Hipsters oxcoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Split time between SF and NYC
    Posts
    5,300

    Default

    When the team I hate most loses a championship series / match it counts as one of these.
    Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

    It can't all be wedding cake.

  15. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    i have some great news for you. The lakers have won 5 more since the 80s.
    The Lakers were a childhood fandom. I am really not a fan of the NBA anymore and thus am not counting any of their recent championships. Likewise if the Raiders were ever to win another Super Bowl I wouldn't count that either.

  16. #46
    sweet triple TripletDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    58,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Copelius View Post
    The Lakers were a childhood fandom. I am really not a fan of the NBA anymore and thus am not counting any of their recent championships. Likewise if the Raiders were ever to win another Super Bowl I wouldn't count that either.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.


  17. #47
    Invisible Swordsman DrumNFeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Knee Deep in the Hoopla
    Posts
    8,846

    Default

    Washington Capitals - 2018
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

    Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

  18. #48
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    15,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Washington Capitals - 2018
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •