Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: The Official Drought Thread

The local tv channels are currently breaking the news that all of the schools in Oroville will be closed tomorrow.

In other, unrelated news, tomorrow is Lincoln's observed bday, and all area schools were already going to be closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't let the facts get in the way of a story.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
    The local tv channels are currently breaking the news that all of the schools in Oroville will be closed tomorrow.

In other, unrelated news, tomorrow is Lincoln's observed bday, and all area schools were already going to be closed.

Our kids don't have tomorrow off. They only have Presidents' Day.

Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    Our kids don't have tomorrow off. They only have Presidents' Day.

We live an hour away and have tomorrow off. I just looked at their calendar. They have the schedule that we are switching to next year. Regular classes on Lincoln's bday and then get all of the following week off. A second spring break. Pretty sweet gig.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    Don't let the facts get in the way of a story.
    You sure you ain't Southern?
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

On this date two years ago, our local paper featured a memorable photo of state water authorities taking a routine measurement of the snowpack in the Sierra--the photo showed nothing but bare ground. It was pretty depressing, since there should have been at least 5-6 feet of snow at that point. They took a similar measurement yesterday at the same spot, and it revealed 20 feet of snow. More importantly, our lawns look great!

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    On this date two years ago, our local paper featured a memorable photo of state water authorities taking a routine measurement of the snowpack in the Sierra--the photo showed nothing but bare ground. It was pretty depressing, since there should have been at least 5-6 feet of snow at that point. They took a similar measurement yesterday at the same spot, and it revealed 20 feet of snow. More importantly, our lawns look great!
    Dam it!

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    But you will be living in California del Este, while the snowpack will belong to Nevada. We're going to charge you for all that green lawn!
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

One of the guys I work with has a house that backs up to the south channel of the river. He was showing us pictures yesterday that the river had breached the retaining wall about 15 feet from the corner of his house. The retaining wall is about 50-75 feet from the typical edge of the river. Apparently there was a warning that went out to those living near the river that some levees might not hold.

He's not too worried for a couple different reasons. First, the levees did fail once about a decade ago (the last time the water breached his retaining wall). The levee failure diverted water away from his house. In fact, he said the water level dropped so quickly near his house that there were several fish that were stranded on the newly dry ground. Also, assuming no levee failure, there's still another 2 or 3 feet of elevation the river would have to climb to get to his house, and that would be a massive amount of water.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

From SFGate.com:

It's been 11 years since this happened to Lake Tahoe, and it's beautiful

http://m.sfgate.com/news/article/Lak...d=email-mobile

Tahoe is brimming, nearly full for the first time in 11 years, and stunningly beautiful in all its blue-water glory.

Sent from my iPhone

So is California in the clear now?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96