The Official Drought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
    So the Medici's built an aqueduct to bring in fresh water to Paris, to their Luxembougian gardens. It is unusually difficult to find out about this aqueduct on the internet because the articles are usually about the Medici aqueduct in Italy, not Paris, and the Parisian articles are either focused on the Medici fountains- not the aqueduct, or are in french. I have a strange obsession with aqueducts of antiquity, ever since I read Blind White Fish in Persia, about the qanats of Iran. If you have an english source on the Medici Aqueducts in Paris, please share a link. I would love to visit some of the pumping stations in paris, or the actual aqueducts in Southern Paris. Thanks!
    I have now forgotten anything about the aqueducts and am wondering about Mol's cross dressing. How do you do that accidentally?

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
      I have now forgotten anything about the aqueducts and am wondering about Mol's cross dressing. How do you do that accidentally?
      Rohypnol
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Is there any drought anywhere anymore?
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
          Is there any drought anywhere anymore?
          Not here. Most snow ever in the month of February for Bend. And only one county in Oregon is less than 100% of normal.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
            By that chart, if Hartsville had a mountain, we'd have 390" of snow.
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
              By that chart, if Hartsville had a mountain, we'd have 390" of snow.
              The mountain near here has 606".

https://www.mammothmountain.com/wint...in-information

Comment

• Stay cold Utah, so lake Mead can get refilled.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  Stay cold Utah, so lake Mead can get refilled.
                  First we'll fill Powell and then maybe if there is any left over Mead can get a drop or two. Screw Las Vegas!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                    First we'll fill Powell and then maybe if there is any left over Mead can get a drop or two. Screw Las Vegas!
                    Powell will never be filled. Way too much water loss from having that lake around. Time to drain it and keep it all in Lake Mead.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      Powell will never be filled. Way too much water loss from having that lake around. Time to drain it and keep it all in Lake Mead.
                      Mead will never be filled. Way too much water loss from having that lake around. Time to drain it and keep it all in Lake Powell.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Mead will never be filled. Way too much water loss from having that lake around. Time to drain it and keep it all in Lake Powell.
                        Mead is California's lake. For that reason alone, they'll never drain Mead.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Having moved from Arizona decades ago, I don't have to worry about water supplies much as I used to. Sorry for you southwestern people who moved to desert climates and are now nervous about shrinking reservoirs!

Even though we're in the high desert, Bend gets essentially all of it's water supply from snow melt. Half from a creek source, and half from an aquafier that's recharged by melting snow into a porous basin. They are both replenished each year as long as we get normal snowfall. Local agriculture depends somewhat on reservoir supplies.
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Mead is California's lake. For that reason alone, they'll never drain Mead.
                            Screw California too!

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              Having moved from Arizona decades ago, I don't have to worry about water supplies much as I used to. Sorry for you southwestern people who moved to desert climates and are now nervous about shrinking reservoirs!

Even though we're in the high desert, Bend gets essentially all of it's water supply from snow melt. Half from a creek source, and half from an aquafier that's recharged by melting snow into a porous basin. They are both replenished each year as long as we get normal snowfall. Local agriculture depends somewhat on reservoir supplies.
                              And Oregon. Screw Oregon too for good measure!

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                                How is that different from how Utah and Arizona get their water? It all comes from rain and snow.

Comment

Working...
                                X