X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    3-4 from the floor.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    That one miss was probably worth 5 misses. Ugliest damn shot I've seen in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
      That one miss was probably worth 5 misses. Ugliest damn shot I've seen in a while.
      This isn't a silver lining!

Comment

I cant wait until tomorrow night's game so I can see Luke Blue Devil in action again!
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Tweet:

Luke Worthington@worthington41 Feb 5I have given this some serious thought...
          and I have come to the conclusion that bathing in J-Dawgs sauce is a definite possibility for me

sigpic

Comment

Nate Austin had an impressive 16 rebounds (a dazzling 8 off the offensive glass) tonight, but it must be noted that if Luke had played as many minutes as Nate, he would have ended up with 21 offensive boards. Add no turnovers to that (and no misses from the floor) and he had himself a fine night, marred only by a couple of unfortunate facial blemishes, although that may have been the fault of my low-def BYUTV reception.

Comment

We had one made free throw in the first half. Luuuuuuuuuuuke!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I hope his shoulder is better by Thursday. We're actually going to need Luke against Gonzaga.
                "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Luke does a number of good things. He sets screens with correct angle and doesn't leave early. He defends with his feet and mass better than Mika and Austin. He has a nice left-hand jump hook. I think he could develop into a solid starter by his senior year. Better programs than BYU take guys like Luke every year and build him over their careers into solid bigs who have 5 fouls, big bodies, one or two moves and the ability to make a catch and layup in traffic. I don't get the apparent disdain for Luke. It isn't his fault he is being asked to perform too early in his career.

Comment

Luke jumped in and tried to get on offensive board on missed freethrow. He grabbed at the ball with one hand. If he hadn't have dribbled it out of bounds it would have been very impressive.

Honestly, I would not be shocked if he is serviceable next year. In HS he probably did not have to do much other than show up to have an impact. He is really going to have to work though.

Comment

Nice little layup there.
                      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Luke had a nice game.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Not sure which highlight I liked more: Luke's now epic "cradlebound," which is a rebound that falls directly into your arm while your arm is in cradling position OR Luke's "is he going to actually try to dunk it, no never mind he is going to lay it in, but wait is that thing going to drop or will he miss it, no he made it" layup.

also dug the sleeves.

sigpic

Comment

He had the look of someone whose shoulder would dislocate with a sneeze or a stiff breeze. The shirt was likely to shield you ninnies the horror of seeing his arm arm dangling there once his labrum finally gave and his lifeless arm was dangling helplessly by his side. Either that, or it was covering a stabilization brace to prevent such a disturbing scenario.

Comment

Luke can be valuable against teams with slow, luggish Centers that stay in the post. So, Gonzaga and St. Mary's. That right there is the biggest silver lining of all.

Comment

He sure got pushed around a bit last night.

Seemed like they easily would outmuscle him. He really needs to get in the weight room.
                                Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Working...
                                X