Silver Linings Playbook: finding the positives in Luke Worthington's game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver Linings Playbook: finding the positives in Luke Worthington's game

This thread is for people looking for a place to congregate in order to praise Luke Worthington, to make neutral observations about Luke Worthington, to generally acknowledge the existence of Luke Worthington, or to find out more about the hair products Luke uses and/or endorses. It has been speculated that players and even parents of players sometimes frequent these message boards, so I would hope that all commentary in this thread be devoid of negativity.

I will give an example of the type of positive commentary I am hoping will populate the "Silver Linings Playbook" thread.

Last night against SMC, Luke found himself with the ball. He was attempting to score a basket by what I believe was a finger roll (imo he was too far from the basket to call it a layup). Unfortunately, the ball was violently swatted away only inches after leaving Luke's fingers/hand. However, for that brief moment in which Luke lifted his arm upward and released the ball, things were actually looking pretty good. I was impressed with that particular portion of the overall play.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

I have a couple entries. First, it looks like Luke has what resembles one of those early 90s Christian Laettner bowl cuts - not quite as pronounced as Laettners or others we would see in those days, but he's rocking it nonetheless.

Second, he actually has a decent basketball body. He's fairly thick, but not fat - in fact, if he were really good, I wouldn't even worry about fat potential with him. Having watched BYU and Duke one right after the other, I'd even say he looks better than Jabari. Granted, that's not saying a ton, because Jabari's got back, has flabby arms, etc, but this is a silver linings thread so I'm going with it.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

thank you for being here with us, smr

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        I have a couple entries. First, it looks like Luke has what resembles one of those early 90s Christian Laettner bowl cuts - not quite as pronounced as Laettners or others we would see in those days, but he's rocking it nonetheless.

Second, he actually has a decent basketball body. He's fairly thick, but not fat - in fact, if he were really good, I wouldn't even worry about fat potential with him. Having watched BYU and Duke one right after the other, I'd even say he looks better than Jabari. Granted, that's not saying a ton, because Jabari's got back, has flabby arms, etc, but this is a silver linings thread so I'm going with it.
        SMR thinks Luke is better than Jabari? And I am nuts?
        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Luke kills in the music videos. Glee Club all star.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Here is another one: I was watching the bench last night and when someone would come out of the game, Luke was often the first one to stand up and give them a high five or a slap on the butt. Then when they pulled the starters near the end of the game, he was right at the front of the line to do high fives and hugs. The kid is a team player.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

It was not an offensive foul.
                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                  It was not an offensive foul.
                  Thank you. That basket should have counted. In one whistle, Luke was robbed of tying his output in December. I called my shot last night and was correct.

of course, being a BYU game, we sat in front of this one guy who was allegedly a BYU "fan" but was crowing all game about Luke not being able to score. I think we've all sat by guys like this at games.

sigpic

Comment

After he fouled out, I liked the way he strode along the bench, receiving physical and verbal accolades from his compadres, and flashing a John Gavin-esque smile, flush with self-satisfaction after a job well done.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      Thank you. That basket should have counted. In one whistle, Luke was robbed of tying his output in December. I called my shot last night and was correct.
                      No, you weren't. Smart move though by not taking that bet.

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      of course, being a BYU game, we sat in front of this one guy who was allegedly a BYU "fan" but was crowing all game about Luke not being able to score. I think we've all sat by guys like this at games.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                        SMR thinks Luke is better than Jabari? And I am nuts?
                        I meant he has a better looking body, dammit!
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                          I meant he has a better looking body, dammit!
                          I am no expert in the male body, so I defer to your expertise in that regard.
                          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

I listened to the Coach's Show on BYU Radio driving home this evening during Wrubell's interview with Eric Mika who is roommates with Luke. Mika feigned contempt, and described Luke a "clean freak," apparently miffed that Luke refused to let Eric cut his own hair in their apartment bathroom. "It's like living with my mother," snorted Eric.

Cast out from the apartment, Mika gave himself a trim out on the balcony and totally messed it up, leaving a bald spot on the side of his head. But like any loving mother, Luke came out and did his best to even things up. Putting aside the non-surprise that Mika cuts his own hair, I have learned that (i) Luke insists on a neat, clean apartment, (ii) like any good mother, Luke reproves betimes with sharpness but shows forth afterwards an increase of love, and (iii) that without Luke's kindness, Mika's hair would look even worse than it does.

Comment

A nice article in the Des News today praising Luke's game against St Mary's.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...int-Marys.html

Comment

Working...
                              X