• Show
Clear All

http://nypost.com/2014/02/02/philip-...his-apartment/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
      http://nypost.com/2014/02/02/philip-...his-apartment/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      Horrible news. Hoffman was a tremendously good actor, but obviously a troubled soul.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
        Horrible news. Hoffman was a tremendously good actor, but obviously a troubled soul.
        I don't usually feel emotion regarding celebrity deaths, but this one saddens me.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Jimmy Carter
          Boyd K Packer
          Justin Bieber
          Queen Elizabeth
          Valerie Harper
          Anthony Kennedy
          “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Mike Ditka
            George Bush, Sr
            Bruce Willis
            Bronco Mendenhall
            Bill Russell
            Kirk Douglas
            I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Hoffman might have been the greatest actor alive, it's a real loss. Aside from Capote, I'll remember his roles in the PT Anderson movies that I actually cared for (I actually deeply cared for is the better description, while I didn't care for The Master at all). The gay camera man in Boogie Nights, the hospice care nurse in Magnolia and the mattress man in Punch Drunk Love.
              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Another iconic actor. I kind of forgot she was still alive.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/02/12..._r=0&referrer=
                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                  Another iconic actor. I kind of forgot she was still alive.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/02/12..._r=0&referrer=
                  I remember my grandma having a couple of her movies on VHS and watching them all the time. I was staying with her one summer, watching the news, and STB was in the news about something, and it blew my mind that she was an adult. I couldn't grasp it. My youngest loves to watch videos of her on YouTube, especially this one:

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

RIP, Bright Eyes. My family had her entire library on VHS, and we watched them all dozens of times.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

My 2013 picks

Doris Day
                      Mel Brooks
                      Richard Petty
                      Tony Bennett
                      Fats Domino
                      Shirley Temple
                      Lindsay Lohan

Lindsay is my dark whorse.

I bypassed Shirley this year. I should have rode that dog & pony show into the ground.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        RIP, Bright Eyes.
                        Conor Oberst died? And I thought he had a rough January!
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          Conor Oberst died? And I thought he had a rough January!
                          No, though he did release new material today. Totes ironic that it was released on the same date as Shirley "Bright Eyes" Temple's passing.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

RIP, Bright Eyes. My family had her entire library on VHS, and we watched them all dozens of times.
                            She was a fascinating person. RIP, Shirley Temple Black.
                            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

No, though he did release new material today. Totes ironic that it was released on the same date as Shirley "Bright Eyes" Temple's passing.
                              you pushed your luck!
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                you pushed your luck!
                                hls

Comment

Working...
                                X