Shame on Orrin Hatch - The Patron Saint of Quack Medicine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Ugh... I can't imagine how Orrin Hatch sleeps at night.
    Lots of melatonin?!
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
      Lots of melatonin?!
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
        Lots of melatonin?!
        My wife gave me a dose of melatonin once to help me sleep. No effect whatsoever. She swears by it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
          My wife gave me a dose of melatonin once to help me sleep. No effect whatsoever. She swears by it.
          I turned the politics of this place upside down when I went the rounds with ER over the pediatrician-recommended nightly doses of melatonin that seem to help my 10-year-old get to sleep.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            I turned the politics of this place upside down when I went the rounds with ER over the pediatrician-recommended nightly doses of melatonin that seem to help my 10-year-old get to sleep.
            People get worked up. I don't take things too seriously on here.

Comment

I don't remember that. Do you have a blog post to plug that discussses said dust up in detail?
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                I don't remember that. Do you have a blog post to plug that discussses said dust up in detail?
                Not yet.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Not yet.
                  Do Keep me posted. In the meantime, might I suggest 'dearercougar.blogspot', or something like that?
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

It works for me. Very possible that it is all in my head, but it works. What doesn't put me to sleep is narcotic pain killers. They make me paranoid and cause my body to fight sleep. So maybe I'm just weird.
                    Last edited by CJF; 02-16-2015, 09:12 PM.
                    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Maybe it's all in my head, but, so far, Melatonin makes me really drowsy, almost like it's got Benadryl in it.
                      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Two great articles debunking quack medicine and "natural medicine".

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...y-useless.html

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...doscience.html

Feel free to use them to troll your FB feed.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Two great articles debunking quack medicine and "natural medicine".

Good stuff, thanks for posting.

One of the comments to the first article:
                          I love the homeopathy/naturopathy devotees who throw Big Pharma and doctors at us like pieces of crap, all because of the $$$ that the industries make. LOL! Because homeopaths/naturopaths- and all their notions, potions.lotions and powders- are FREE? Neutraceuticals? OH, PLEASE. When multilevel marketing and infomercials are involved? Somebody's raking in big$$$$$$$$
                          I pointed this same thing out to one of my liberal, hippy friends that was trying to make a point about big pharma and they de-friended me on Facebook. I need to find some more hippy friends.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Two great articles debunking quack medicine and "natural medicine".

I loved this quote.

"From a scientific perspective, homeopathy is pure, unalloyed shitcrockery."
                            Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Doctors call for Columbia University to give Dr. Oz the boot for being a quack.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/t...-oz/?tid=sm_tw

"Dr. Oz has repeatedly shown disdain for science and for evidence-based medicine, as well as baseless and relentless opposition to the genetic engineering of food crops," the letter states. "Worst of all, he has manifested an egregious lack of integrity by promoting quack treatments and cures in the interest of personal financial gain."

Comment

Hey wait a second! I don't remember this either.
                                Melatonin doesn't bug me much at all. My stance on it is pretty much the same as it always has been--it's cheap and safe, so I don't care much if people take it. It seems to have a few studies backing it, and it has a physiologic basis, so it might work, i guess. The problem is, you have no idea if what you're taking has any actual, you know, melatonin in it. Again...many thanks to Orrin Hatch.
                                Last edited by ERCougar; 04-20-2015, 04:16 AM.
                                At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                                -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Working...
                                X