Shame on Orrin Hatch - The Patron Saint of Quack Medicine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
    I can't see the link. Does this Harvard grad Orthopaedic surgeon practice in SL?

Re: abx resistance. I nearly always get ID involved with whatever infection I am treating.
    Paul William Winterton. Hard to tell where he practices, which may be why he's able to incorporate essential oils into his "practice", but it looks like he has some Utah ties (outside of Doterra):

" Paul William Winterton, MD, earned his medical degree from Harvard Medical School in 1993 and completed his orthopaedic residency at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota in 1998. He completed fellowship training at the Institute for Bone and Joint Disorders in Phoenix, Arizona in Sports Medicine, Shoulder and Knee Arthoscopy, and Foot and Ankle Reconstruction. In 2009 Dr. Winterton was elected as a member of the Board of Counselors of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. Dr. Winterton is also a member of the Executive Council of the Utah State Orthopaedics Society."
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
      Paul William Winterton. Hard to tell where he practices, which may be why he's able to incorporate essential oils into his "practice", but it looks like he has some Utah ties (outside of Doterra):

" Paul William Winterton, MD, earned his medical degree from Harvard Medical School in 1993 and completed his orthopaedic residency at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota in 1998. He completed fellowship training at the Institute for Bone and Joint Disorders in Phoenix, Arizona in Sports Medicine, Shoulder and Knee Arthoscopy, and Foot and Ankle Reconstruction. In 2009 Dr. Winterton was elected as a member of the Board of Counselors of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. Dr. Winterton is also a member of the Executive Council of the Utah State Orthopaedics Society."
      Sounds impressive. I'm just wondering what conditions he actually treats with essential oils.
      "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
        I wonder if you met my SIL. She came away rejoicing about the blessings of oil. It was like a devotional to her.
        Sadly, I met no one as I was too shy to seek them out, and they apparently thought me unworthy of their message. Had they approached, my first query would have included the words, "double blind studies." Maybe next time.

Comment

Yeah, that's who I thought it was. If he is touting doterra that tells me all I need to know.
          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
            Yeah, that's who I thought it was. If he is touting doterra that tells me all I need to know.
            But not all WE need to know! Spill it, hostile!
            At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
            -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              Sadly, I met no one as I was too shy to seek them out, and they apparently thought me unworthy of their message. Had they approached, my first query would have included the words, "double blind placebo controlled studies." Maybe next time.
              ^Don't forget the other important part!
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                Sounds impressive. I'm just wondering what conditions he actually treats with essential oils.
                Fibromyalgia? And I would fully support him in that. I'm just hoping that the bacteria never develop resistance!
                -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Fibromyalgia? And I would fully support him in that. I'm just hoping that the bacteria never develop resistance!
                  I thought we treated fibromyalgia with gluten. And now they all have celiac disease (self-diagnosed, of course).
                  "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                    I thought we treated fibromyalgia with gluten. And now they all have celiac disease (self-diagnosed, of course).
                    Oils treat self diagnosed celiac too.
                    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Oils treat self diagnosed celiac too.
                      And self diagnosed MRSA as well, so I heard yesterday in clinic. The patient was very surprised we are not up to date on this new miracle finding.
                      Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

While waiting for our flight home Sunday, we were surrounded by a bunch of DoTerrans (was there a convention or something in SLC?), all totally amped about their wonderful product line. They were essentially street tracting around gates B 21-25. One sat behind me, chatting up the sad sack sitting next to her. Included in her pitch was the following line: "These oils are so effective that many physicians are now using them in their treatment of patients." I'm sure she would not lie or embellish, so I want to know why our heretofore esteemed panel of docs hasn't jumped on the DoTerra bandwagon. Probably falling behind on their CME requirements.

And I was bummed nobody approached me, as my personal field was white and ready to harvest.
                        That reminds me of the German-speaking Tahitian Noni acolyte that cornered me on the bus one day. Did you know that Tahitian Noni cured a horse's glaucoma?
                        Not that, sickos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          My friend also came away from the doTerra conference very uplifted. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that she is now Blue Diamond. A little googling reveals that the average Blue Diamond doTerra rep makes $450,000 per year.
                          They "make" $450,000/year as commissions but that isn't their profit. They sink a whole bunch of money into their downline trying to sign people up and keep the troops motivated.

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                            They "make" $450,000/year as commissions but that isn't their profit. They sink a whole bunch of money into their downline trying to sign people up and keep the troops motivated.
                            So how much is your profit then?
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              So how much is your profit then?
                              Sorry, I don't like to pay $28 for a small bottle of crappy shampoo.

Comment

While waiting for our flight home Sunday, we were surrounded by a bunch of DoTerrans (was there a convention or something in SLC?), all totally amped about their wonderful product line. They were essentially street tracting around gates B 21-25. One sat behind me, chatting up the sad sack sitting next to her. Included in her pitch was the following line: "These oils are so effective that many physicians are now using them in their treatment of patients." I'm sure she would not lie or embellish, so I want to know why our heretofore esteemed panel of docs hasn't jumped on the DoTerra bandwagon. Probably falling behind on their CME requirements.

And I was bummed nobody approached me, as my personal field was white and ready to harvest.
                                I didn't realize that there was a whole thread for doTerra hiding behind Orin. I apologize for put stuff in the FB thread. A friend posted this last week.

doTerra.jpg

Check out the time stamp on that. 6:56 a.m.! That "motivation" oil is amazing!

Other good stuff from the convention:

doTerra3a.jpg
                                doTerra3b.jpg

doTerra2.jpg
                                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Working...
                                X