Shame on Orrin Hatch - The Patron Saint of Quack Medicine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Harry Tic View Post
    I'd be more inclined to just snicker at the essential oils crowd if I didn't strongly suspect that they were disproportionately represented among the anti-vaccine zealots. Suddenly their idiosyncrasies aren't quite as charming.
    While this is probably true of the population as a whole, you will be relieved to learn that the doterra pushers I know are all pro-vaccine. At least for now.

Comment

• Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Awesome. I love John Oliver.

Dr. Oz is a shameless, money-grubbing quack.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Here is one of my favorite John Oliver rants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlJEt2KU33I
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
            Here is one of my favorite John Oliver rants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlJEt2KU33I
            Hey, this isn't the John Oliver thread. GTSOH!
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• That is hilarious!
              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Doctor explains how essential oils compare to antibiotics:

Comment

• Oh Lord.
                  Harvard grads are not immune to the draw of money. I'm guessing this is his highest paid three minutes of the year.
                  Why again should I be listening to an orthopedic surgeon's opinion on antibiotic resistance? Is he using Doterra for septic joints (hint: no, or he no longer has a license)? I'll give you another reason why bacterial resistance never occurs with essential oils (it's kind of like the reason they have no side effects).
                  At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                  -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• While waiting for our flight home Sunday, we were surrounded by a bunch of DoTerrans (was there a convention or something in SLC?), all totally amped about their wonderful product line. They were essentially street tracting around gates B 21-25. One sat behind me, chatting up the sad sack sitting next to her. Included in her pitch was the following line: "These oils are so effective that many physicians are now using them in their treatment of patients." I'm sure she would not lie or embellish, so I want to know why our heretofore esteemed panel of docs hasn't jumped on the DoTerra bandwagon. Probably falling behind on their CME requirements.

And I was bummed nobody approached me, as my personal field was white and ready to harvest.

Comment

• Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                      Oh Lord.
                      Harvard grads are not immune to the draw of money. I'm guessing this is his highest paid three minutes of the year.
                      Why again should I be listening to an orthopedic surgeon's opinion on antibiotic resistance? Is he using Doterra for septic joints (hint: no, or he no longer has a license)? I'll give you another reason why bacterial resistance never occurs with essential oils (it's kind of like the reason they have no side effects).
                      Whatever, dude. Essential oils sidestep natural selection completely. That's why there's no antibiotic resistance.
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        While waiting for our flight home Sunday, we were surrounded by a bunch of DoTerrans (was there a convention or something in SLC?), all totally amped about their wonderful product line. They were essentially street tracting around gates B 21-25. One sat behind me, chatting up the sad sack sitting next to her. Included in her pitch was the following line: "These oils are so effective that many physicians are now using them in their treatment of patients." I'm sure she would not lie or embellish, so I want to know why our heretofore esteemed panel of docs hasn't jumped on the DoTerra bandwagon. Probably falling behind on their CME requirements.

And I was bummed nobody approached me, as my personal field was white and ready to harvest.
                        I wonder if you met my SIL. She came away rejoicing about the blessings of oil. It was like a devotional to her.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• My friend also came away from the doTerra conference very uplifted. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that she is now Blue Diamond. A little googling reveals that the average Blue Diamond doTerra rep makes $450,000 per year.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            My friend also came away from the doTerra conference very uplifted. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that she is now Blue Diamond. A little googling reveals that the average Blue Diamond doTerra rep makes $450,000 per year.
                            Maybe it's time to incorporate oils into my pathology practice!
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Unknown-17.jpeg

images-15.jpeg
                              "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                                Oh Lord.
                                I can't see the link. Does this Harvard grad Orthopaedic surgeon practice in SL?

Re: abx resistance. I nearly always get ID involved with whatever infection I am treating.
                                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Working...
                                X