Shame on Orrin Hatch - The Patron Saint of Quack Medicine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    One would think all that unethical Utah-based companies would jump at the opportunity to donate toward a monument for their savior. And the U seems like the perfect place for it as well.
    I will donate to the monument provided that it is put up in your neighborhood.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
      I will donate to the monument provided that it is put up in your neighborhood.
      There is a BBQ place downtown near the Federal Reserve building called Sammy's. Just inside the door is a door is a letter mounted all the wall from Senator Hatch. Apparently when he was on the Senate Banking Committee he would visit the federal reserve in Dallas and this little BBQ place around the corner. I am thinking since they proudly display the senator's letter saying very nice things about their BBQ they wouldn't mind having a monument for him in their parking lot or something. The next I get some brisket from them I'll ask. That is pretty much in my back yard and would practically be next to George W. Bush's Presidential Library.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• "I Sell Cures, not Fallacies"
        By Don Mac! at the Disco.

Oh, well imagine
        As I'm pacing the halls of a gym corridor
        And I can't help but to hear
        No, I can't help but to hear an exchanging of words

What an excellent workout
        What an excellent workout, says a kid’s mom to a trainer
        And, yes, but what a shame
        What a shame the poor woman’s back is so sore

I chime in with a
        Haven't you people ever heard of doTerra lavender oil?
        No? It's much better to treat these kinds of things with a drop of oil that’s proprietary.

I chime in with a
        Haven't you people ever heard of doTerra rosemary oil?
        No? It's much better to treat these kinds of things with a drop of oil of mountain cranberry.

Oh, well in fact
        Well, I'll look at it this way
        I mean, technically, all minimums are waived
        Well this calls for a dose of
        Noni oil from Kwajalein

Oh, well in fact

I mean, essentially, I’m MLM enslaved
        Well this calls for fructose or
        Sucrose-free oil of sweet bay

I chime in with a
        Haven’t you people ever heard of downstream networks before?
        No? It's much easier to make this kind of bling with St. Croix’s Oil that lacks chirality

I chime in
        Haven't you people ever heard of using rose hips or cypress oil?
        No? It's much better to treat these tough migraines with a poultice made from patchouli

Again
        I chime in
        Haven't you people ever heard of oil of young mushroom spores?
        No? It's much better to treat your lower back pain with a few drops of wintergreen that’s Nepalese.

I chime in
        Haven't you people ever heard of Hawaiian sandalwood oil?
        No? It's much better to treat your kid’s diabetes with a hint of mint and DoTerra Serenity®

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
          "I Sell Cures, not Fallacies"
          By Don Mac! at the Disco.

Oh, well imagine
          As I'm pacing the halls of a gym corridor
          And I can't help but to hear
          No, I can't help but to hear an exchanging of words

What an excellent workout
          What an excellent workout, says a kid’s mom to a trainer
          And, yes, but what a shame
          What a shame the poor woman’s back is so sore

I chime in with a
          Haven't you people ever heard of doTerra lavender oil?
          No? It's much better to treat these kinds of things with a drop of oil that’s proprietary.

I chime in with a
          Haven't you people ever heard of doTerra rosemary oil?
          No? It's much better to treat these kinds of things with a drop of oil of mountain cranberry.

Oh, well in fact
          I mean, technically, all minimums are waived
          Well this calls for a dose of
          Noni oil from Kwajalein

Oh, well in fact

I mean, essentially, I’m MLM enslaved
          Well this calls for fructose or
          Sucrose-free oil of sweet bay

I chime in with a
          Haven’t you people ever heard of downstream networks before?
          No? It's much easier to make this kind of bling with St. Croix’s Oil that lacks chirality

I chime in
          Haven't you people ever heard of using rose hips or cypress oil?
          No? It's much better to treat these tough migraines with a poultice made from patchouli

Again
          I chime in
          Haven't you people ever heard of oil of young mushroom spores?
          No? It's much better to treat your lower back pain with a few drops of wintergreen that’s Nepalese.

I chime in
          Haven't you people ever heard of Hawaiian sandalwood oil?
          No? It's much better to treat your kid’s diabetes with a hint of mint and DoTerra Serenity®

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...poetry-thread/
          "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
          "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
          This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
          "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
          "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• I see Donuthole has a disciple, and an uncultured one at that.
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I see Donuthole has a disciple, and an uncultured one at that.
              Birds and bananas, huh?
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I see Donuthole has a disciple.
                Well, this calls for a toast, so pour the champagne.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  Well, this calls for a toast, so pour the champagne.
                  I took my two oldest to a P!ATD concert last month. I think he referenced champagne in half the songs.

Comment

I took my two oldest to a P!ATD concert last month. I think he referenced champagne in half the songs.
                    Did they play the theme to Ducktales??

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      Did they play the theme to Ducktales??

No, but he did do the only cover of "Bohemian Rhapsody" that I'd ever call acceptable.

Comment

• Oh snap!
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          Damn.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• That's great.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Speaking of quack medicine, there was a doTerra convention in town this week. I was walking down the sidewalk amongst dozens of doTerra faithful and had this overwhelming urge to yell out, "Essential oils are a scam!".

Fortunately, I resisted the urge because I didn't want to get cited for inciting a riot. A stampeding herd of essential oil mommies is a danger to public safety.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                                Speaking of quack medicine, there was a doTerra convention in town this week. I was walking down the sidewalk amongst dozens of doTerra faithful and had this overwhelming urge to yell out, "Essential oils are a scam!".

Fortunately, I resisted the urge because I didn't want to get cited for inciting a riot. A stampeding herd of essential oil mommies is a danger to public safety.
                                You can always tell when they have a convention in town. When I walk around the tabernacle during the break before the broadcast, I always get hit by pungent mixes of nauseating odors as I pass people.
                                “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Working...
                                X