Shame on Orrin Hatch - The Patron Saint of Quack Medicine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    You keep telling me? Does it look like I am not on your side?
    Well, you are the one that had to read the book to believe it. I don't need a book to tell me that.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I once overheard a chiro tell a woman that the best way to cure her toddler's ear infection was to buy some garlic gel caps, heat them up a little, then open up the caps and pour the garlic gel directly into the ear. He told her it would feel really good and kill the infection.

Not sure if there is any truth to any of it, but Im passing it along here FWIW.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        I once overheard a chiro tell a woman that the best way to cure her toddler's ear infection was to buy some garlic gel caps, heat them up a little, then open up the caps and pour the garlic gel directly into the ear. He told her it would feel really good and kill the infection.

You are passing along that information, even without a pitch to join your downline? Thanks man.

Comment

On a side note: My wife dumps peroxide in her ears monthly.. SWEARS, that it ensures she does not get ear infections.

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post

On a side note: My wife dumps peroxide in her ears monthly.. SWEARS, that it ensures she does not get ear infections.
            I don't do that and I never get ear infections. I SWEAR that doing nothing works.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Although I don't really have expertise on alternative medicine, the wife swears by olive leaf when your fighting a virus. Its expensive so I don't take it myself. My go to "alternative medicine" is nasal irrigation at the first symptom of a cold (or if I'm around people that are sick). This seems to do away with most symptoms.

Comment

Originally posted by USUC View Post
                Although I don't really have expertise on alternative medicine, the wife swears by olive leaf when your fighting a virus. Its expensive so I don't take it myself. My go to "alternative medicine" is nasal irrigation at the first symptom of a cold (or if I'm around people that are sick). This seems to do away with most symptoms.
                http://www.med.nyu.edu/content?ChunkIID=111710

Olive leaf contains a substance called oleuropein, which breaks down in the body to another substance called enolinate. On websites that promote olive leaf extracts, it is stated that enolinate kills harmful bacteria, viruses, and fungi in the body, but at the same time nurtures microbes that are good for health. This remarkable claim, however, has no meaningful scientific evidence.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  If i was to take this info to my wife she would still take it because "you can't argue with results." I will continue to not take it.

Comment

BYUtv's chiropractic advertiser tells me he can effectively treat Hashimoto's. BYU wouldn't allow that kind of advertising if it wasn't true, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Nakoma View Post
                      BYUtv's chiropractic advertiser tells me he can effectively treat Hashimoto's. BYU wouldn't allow that kind of advertising if it wasn't true, right?
                      I am doubtful that Hasimoto's can be cured with back adjustments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post

I have never done anything to my ears and I have never had an ear infection.
                        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

For the record Orrin was into this sort of thing prior to being elected.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                            For the record Orrin was into this sort of thing prior to being elected.
                            Sadly, that does not make me feel better about his bullshit legislation.
                            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Shit like this is also embarrassing : http://www.ldsmag.com/article/1/13412

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                                Shit like this is also embarrassing : http://www.ldsmag.com/article/1/13412
                                I noticed the guy married his wife's best friend.

didnt get past the first page and the part where he compared mental illness in pigs to mental illness in humans. I assume his business model is to promote good eating to cure depression? Sounds like a great MLM opportunity.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X