Shame on Orrin Hatch - The Patron Saint of Quack Medicine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    People can hate on Hatch all they want, but his position in the senate has made Utah. HAFB would likely be BRAC’d, yet it’s the states’ largest single sight employer. Utah has a robust aerospace industry due to Hatch’s work supporting Hill and NASA. Hate the MLM supplement industry, yet it provides thousands of white collar and manufacturing jobs in the state. Those jobs all provide a taxpayer base that separates us from Wyoming. Two million in state money is a pittance compared to what he’s brought in through earmarks, directed funding and legislation over the years. Oh sure it’s nice to play the populist, but all Utahans have significantly benefited from his time in the senate whether you like it or not.
    Good points. Yes, he did bring some pork to Utah and enabled an unethical industry to generate some jobs in Utah. Way to go, Orrin. I can't imagine another senator surpassing that over a period of 42 years in office.
    Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 02-15-2019, 08:22 AM.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Hopefully the statue will be of him licking Trump's ass like he did for the last two years in office.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
        Hopefully the statue will be of him licking Trump's ass like he did for the last two years in office.
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Good points. Yes, he did bring some pork to Utah and enabled an unethical industry to generate some jobs in Utah. Way to go, Orrin. I can't imagine another senator surpassing that over a period of 42 years in office.
          That is an uncharitable representation of the position I put forward!

Comment

Agree. Senator Hatch's VORP has got to be abysmal, like Olowokandi bad.
            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
              Agree. Senator Hatch's VORP has got to be abysmal, like Olowokandi bad.
              You're incorrect.

Comment

• To follow on my point to Walter, OGH is one of the most accomplished Senator's in the history of the institution using any relevant metric; committee assignments, tenure, chairmanship, legislation passed, etc. He can do the research if he wants to prove he's not wrong.

Comment

• “We’re going to keep fighting, and we’re going to make this the greatest presidency that we’ve seen, not only in generations, but maybe ever.” - Orrin Hatch on President Donald Trump
                  You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                  You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                    “We’re going to keep fighting, and we’re going to make this the greatest presidency that we’ve seen, not only in generations, but maybe ever.” - Orrin Hatch on President Donald Trump
                    So what you're saying is now that Hatch is out of the picture Trump's butt has more room for your nose.

Comment

• No matter how effective Hatch was as a senator (and I don't see anyone denying that he was), the request for taxpayer money to memorialize him is just unseemly. I know it's nothing new in politics, but surely there are some rich MLM folks who could pony up that extra cash.
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                        No matter how effective Hatch was as a senator (and I don't see anyone denying that he was), the request for taxpayer money to memorialize him is just unseemly. I know it's nothing new in politics, but surely there are some rich MLM folks who could pony up that extra cash.
                        Walter did.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          Walter did.
                          I'm talking effective as in 'bringing home a lot of federal money'. Walter acknowledged that.
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

Let's also ignore all the financial devastation that the unethical industry also caused for probably more people than the jobs it created. Great job Orrin, great job. Will Orrin let some of the riff raff that is bankrupt/homeless because of MLM's pan handle outside his monument to his wonderfulness?
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                              Let's also ignore all the financial devastation that the unethical industry also caused for probably more people than the jobs it created. Great job Orrin, great job. Will Orrin let some of the riff raff that is bankrupt/homeless because of MLM's pan handle outside his monument to his wonderfulness?
                              Since it will be at the UU, panhandling decisions would likely be monitored campus police.

Comment

One would think all that unethical Utah-based companies would jump at the opportunity to donate toward a monument for their savior. And the U seems like the perfect place for it as well.
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X