Shame on Orrin Hatch - The Patron Saint of Quack Medicine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    You don't after hearing her testing of talking to others during this investigation they might have additional questions for her?
    Probably nothing they couldn't do through her attorneys.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
      I don't think so. Maybe after talking to others. But if those other interviews come up dry (and there's evidence that they will), what else is there to ask?
      There's evidence that there has been a lot of people who are trying to through to the FBI and getting the run around. Already deciding they won't have any questions seems premature.

Comment

• I'm annoyed at whoever posted that tweet in here (NWC?). Now we have all this confirmation discussion in the wrong thread!
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
          I'm annoyed at whoever posted that tweet in here (NWC?). Now we have all this confirmation discussion in the wrong thread!
          It was me. Sorry
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• I have been critical for Hatch as a bumbling old fool, reminiscent of Grandpa Simpson, but he hit it on the head this week when he was getting yelled at by protesters, and he said that we would be willing to talk to them when they "grow up". I am so tired of this uncivil behavior. I can understand how bad this will look to many, him telling sexual assault victims to "grow up", but the key here is that he did say he would be willing to talk, but a heated exchange in a hallway or elevator while on the way to another appointment is not the best forum for real discussion. Though I don't think the protesters do want real discussion, they just want their 15 sec soundbyte.

Comment

• "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• A fitting epitaph for this thread:

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• Orrin Hatch looking to build a big monument in his honor at the U. Trying to get $2M of taxpayer money to help fund it.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...medium=twitter
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Orrin Hatch looking to build a big monument in his honor at the U. Trying to get $2M of taxpayer money to help fund it.

Pitched by the former leader of the Utah democratic party.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Does Hatch think being the "Designated Survivor" means that he should get a Presidential Library like if he had been president?

When Weber St decided to create the Walker Institute, named after Olene Walker when she left office, they told her part of the deal was fundraising to build the thing. I like Hatch well enough - but I'd prefer if he wants to have this place as a memorial to himself, that he find somewhere to fundraise outside of the state coffers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Orrin Hatch looking to build a big monument in his honor at the U. Trying to get $2M of taxpayer money to help fund it.

Hard pass. Why doesn’t he use some of his war chest that was paid for by selling his soul to the pharmaceutical industry? Hatch, be gone!
                        "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• People can hate on Hatch all they want, but his position in the senate has made Utah. HAFB would likely be BRAC’d, yet it’s the states’ largest single sight employer. Utah has a robust aerospace industry due to Hatch’s work supporting Hill and NASA. Hate the MLM supplement industry, yet it provides thousands of white collar and manufacturing jobs in the state. Those jobs all provide a taxpayer base that separates us from Wyoming. Two million in state money is a pittance compared to what he’s brought in through earmarks, directed funding and legislation over the years. Oh sure it’s nice to play the populist, but all Utahans have significantly benefited from his time in the senate whether you like it or not.

Comment

• Utahans?

No true Utahn would spell it that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              Hate the MLM supplement industry, yet it provides thousands of white collar and manufacturing jobs in the state.
                              Also, think of all the lawyers that NuSkin, Noni, Neways, Young Living, Nature's Sunshine, Xango has hired or has contracted! U-T-A-H! U-T-A-H! U-T-A-H!
                              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                                People can hate on Hatch all they want, but his position in the senate has made Utah. HAFB would likely be BRAC’d, yet it’s the states’ largest single sight employer. Utah has a robust aerospace industry due to Hatch’s work supporting Hill and NASA. Hate the MLM supplement industry, yet it provides thousands of white collar and manufacturing jobs in the state. Those jobs all provide a taxpayer base that separates us from Wyoming. Two million in state money is a pittance compared to what he’s brought in through earmarks, directed funding and legislation over the years. Oh sure it’s nice to play the populist, but all Utahans have significantly benefited from his time in the senate whether you like it or not.
                                I hate what the MLM companies/producys do to people, jobs or not. Let's get a Bennett statue first.

Comment

Working...
                                X