Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Results 421 to 439 of 439

Thread: Shame on Orrin Hatch - The Patron Saint of Quack Medicine

  1. #421
    Senior Member Goatnapper'96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    God's Country!
    Posts
    9,661

    Default

    Did Hatch not announce until after Bear's Ears was decreased in order to play President Trump? I guess the almighty tax reform brouhaha was his crowning achievement and now he can ride off into his statesmanly retirement but there is a part of me who think the Don got played by the senile old fellar. President Trump knows that while Utah went his way, he is not universally beloved amongst conservative LDS folks. Obviously Frank's batshit crazy wing is gonna whine like the women of Srbrnca, taking their cues from all things Il Padrino, but I am a case in point as I did not vote for the man or there are actual relevant mormons such as Jeff Flake's example if I don't do it for you. Also, I think President Trump is a long way on the petty side of that wide and fuzzy line between whiny and petty. Further, with Mitt all but announcing he would run if Orrin did not and Mitt already being an outspoken critic of the President and from a state where the Mittster will not lose, like Flake would, for being such an outspoken critic paves the way for a Republican in the Senate to be critical of the President with impunity - or as much as a dude like the Mitt can muster. Hence, it was pretty clear how much President Trump wanted Orrin to stay and run again. So Orrin butters up a man who perches his flabby orange ass cheeks on a golden throne to get him on board with shrinking the Bears Ears Monument and once that is accomplished announces his retirement. I have no doubt Orrin is not leaving because of the accomplishments, he is retiring because he doesn't or thinks he can't do it anymore but I am convinced he held off his announcement to give the President as much incentive on the Bears Ears issue as possible. I also still think that President Trump is petty and am interested if the emperor will strike back!
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

    I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

  2. #422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    Did Hatch not announce until after Bear's Ears was decreased in order to play President Trump? I guess the almighty tax reform brouhaha was his crowning achievement and now he can ride off into his statesmanly retirement but there is a part of me who think the Don got played by the senile old fellar. President Trump knows that while Utah went his way, he is not universally beloved amongst conservative LDS folks. Obviously Frank's batshit crazy wing is gonna whine like the women of Srbrnca, taking their cues from all things Il Padrino, but I am a case in point as I did not vote for the man or there are actual relevant mormons such as Jeff Flake's example if I don't do it for you. Also, I think President Trump is a long way on the petty side of that wide and fuzzy line between whiny and petty. Further, with Mitt all but announcing he would run if Orrin did not and Mitt already being an outspoken critic of the President and from a state where the Mittster will not lose, like Flake would, for being such an outspoken critic paves the way for a Republican in the Senate to be critical of the President with impunity - or as much as a dude like the Mitt can muster. Hence, it was pretty clear how much President Trump wanted Orrin to stay and run again. So Orrin butters up a man who perches his flabby orange ass cheeks on a golden throne to get him on board with shrinking the Bears Ears Monument and once that is accomplished announces his retirement. I have no doubt Orrin is not leaving because of the accomplishments, he is retiring because he doesn't or thinks he can't do it anymore but I am convinced he held off his announcement to give the President as much incentive on the Bears Ears issue as possible. I also still think that President Trump is petty and am interested if the emperor will strike back!
    As on most topics, you are right on target with this post. I shall enjoy watching Mitt annoy the Drumpftster.

  3. #423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    Did Hatch not announce until after Bear's Ears was decreased in order to play President Trump? I guess the almighty tax reform brouhaha was his crowning achievement and now he can ride off into his statesmanly retirement but there is a part of me who think the Don got played by the senile old fellar. President Trump knows that while Utah went his way, he is not universally beloved amongst conservative LDS folks. Obviously Frank's batshit crazy wing is gonna whine like the women of Srbrnca, taking their cues from all things Il Padrino

    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

  4. #424
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    46,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    He has a staffer that does it for him. The staffer is a smart fellow. Definitely a troll.
    That guy is pretty good.

    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  5. #425

    Default

    It's a pretty good follow.

  6. #426
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    46,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    He seems a little senile these days, what with saying Trump May be the greatest POTUS ever.
    Uh....

    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  7. #427
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★'s = 1
    Posts
    18,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Uh....



    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  8. #428
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    46,007

    Default

    Haha.

    That Hatch twitter dude is great.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  9. #429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Uh....

    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

  10. #430
    Senior Member Eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Davis County
    Posts
    5,929

    Default

    That grabbing the non-existent glasses thing is funny - but it isn't like I haven't been there myself. He just got caught on camera.

    I don't wear my glasses all of the time, so that one is more rare for me. I'm actually more likely to have a phantom cell phone vibration in my pocket when the phone is sitting on the desk in front of me - but I still grab for my pocket thinking it's the phone. Weird, I know, but it happens.

  11. #431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    That grabbing the non-existent glasses thing is funny - but it isn't like I haven't been there myself. He just got caught on camera.

    I don't wear my glasses all of the time, so that one is more rare for me. I'm actually more likely to have a phantom cell phone vibration in my pocket when the phone is sitting on the desk in front of me - but I still grab for my pocket thinking it's the phone. Weird, I know, but it happens.
    Since I started wearing reading glasses I've caught myself doing this as well. The cell phone thing gets me too.

  12. #432
    Senior Member Omaha 680's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Harlem
    Posts
    7,791

    Default

    For 25 years, the last thing I did before closing my eyes to sleep was take my glasses off and put them on the nightstand next to my alarm clock (so I could put them on and read the damn numbers when I woke up). After getting corrective eye surgery two years ago, I grabbed for my non-existent glasses every night for several months. It was bizarre.

  13. #433

    Default

    Hatch's ex-chief of staff, who went on to work for Trump has been shit canned after allegations of physical abuse. Sounds like he has a temper.

    https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-of-abuse.html
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

  14. #434

    Default

    Where’s that smart anonymous Twitter handler when you I need him?

    ”I encouraged [Porter] to keep a stiff upper lip and work out his problems," Hatch told reporters, according to CBS News. "And I would prefer him not to resign, just work his way through and do what's right.”

  15. #435
    Senior Member myboynoah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Holy Land
    Posts
    14,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Where’s that smart anonymous Twitter handler when you I need him?
    Yeah, do what's right, like not perpetrate violence on other people, especially the women in your life.

    Hope Hicks is dodging a bullet.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

  16. #436

    Default

    Hatch apparently wrote apology letters to Porter's ex-wives. Good on him.

    https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...stic-violence/

  17. #437

    Default

    Tsk tsk Orrin. Dumbasses? Your future replacement wouldn't use such offensive language.

    https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...-ive-ever-met/

  18. #438
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★'s = 1
    Posts
    18,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Tsk tsk Orrin. Dumbasses? Your future replacement wouldn't use such offensive language.

    https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...-ive-ever-met/
    I think this is one of the few things Hatch is right about...



    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  19. #439
    One man.....one pie Moliere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Tejas
    Posts
    20,204

    Default

    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •