Shame on Orrin Hatch - The Patron Saint of Quack Medicine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    I noticed the guy married his wife's best friend.

didnt get past the first page and the part where he compared mental illness in pigs to mental illness in humans. I assume his business model is to promote good eating to cure depression? Sounds like a great MLM opportunity.
    His magical mixture or vitamins will cure any mental or emotional illnesses. This is huge news

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      I noticed the guy married his wife's best friend.

didnt get past the first page and the part where he compared mental illness in pigs to mental illness in humans. I assume his business model is to promote good eating to cure depression? Sounds like a great MLM opportunity.
      Tony also had this cryptic quote:

Already, we had buried my father-in-law to death by suicide, and now my sweetheart,
      Which was it? Did you bury your father-in-law to death or did he commit suicide? You can't have it both ways.

Comment

This stuff hastened my friends' death last month: http://gerson.org/gerpress/the-gerson-therapy/

He had stage 3 lung cancer, refused medical treatment, and went for the coffee enemas, organic fruit juices, and "enzymes" that are supposed to flush the ever-present-in-alternative-medicine "toxins" that cause ALL illnesses (instead of his smoking). He looked fairly healthy at Thanksgiving, started it in early December, and was dead on New Year's Eve. I call it assisted suicide.

And, I think he said it was $15,000 a week. That's not confirmed though, and I can't ask him anymore.
        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
          This stuff hastened my friends' death last month: http://gerson.org/gerpress/the-gerson-therapy/

He had stage 3 lung cancer, refused medical treatment, and went for the coffee enemas, organic fruit juices, and "enzymes" that are supposed to flush the ever-present-in-alternative-medicine "toxins" that cause ALL illnesses (instead of his smoking). He looked fairly healthy at Thanksgiving, started it in early December, and was dead on New Year's Eve. I call it assisted suicide.

And, I think he said it was $15,000 a week. That's not confirmed though, and I can't ask him anymore.
          Gerson therapy is indeed a scam. I think that is the same thing that Steve Jobs used.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Gerson therapy is indeed a scam. I think that is the same thing that Steve Jobs used.
            Tellingly, the Institute is in San Diego, while the treatment center is in Tijuana. Look at this bullshit, “The moment a patient is put on the full therapy, the combined effect of the food, the juices and the medication causes the immune system to attack and kill tumor tissue, besides working to flush out accumulated toxins from the body tissues. This great clearing-out procedure carries the risk of overburdening and poisoning the liver—the all-important organ of detoxification, which, in a cancer patient, is bound to be already damaged and debilitated.”
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

This is just wrong:

I have a child with cancer. Can I bring them down for treatment?
              This is a VERY sensitive question. It is illegal in the United States to treat cancer with anything other than chemotherapy, radiation and surgery! Your child is actually considered an entity of the state up until they are 18 years of age. Therefore, children under 18 are FORCED to do chemotherapy and radiation. You see these battles in the press regularly between the State and parents where the State threatens to take the children away via Social Services and the parents go to jail if the parents refuse to do chemotherapy and radiation. DO NOT mention to your oncologist that you prefer to do a natural therapy as they will likely call Social Services IMMEDIATELY and you may lose your child. Our advice is that you feel out your oncologist very carefully to see if they would be willing to allow you to consider other “alternatives” (DO NOT BE SPECIFIC) and, if they are, you get them to legally sign something communicating that willingness to let you try something else. They may do this for you in cases where there is nothing else they can do for the child. I, personally, immediately upon diagnosis would disappear and do the Gerson Therapy somewhere I could not be found. We have watched many children die because they were forced to get chemo and radiation when they could have been saved with a natural therapy such as the Gerson Therapy. It is tragic at best and just goes to show you how corrupt the medical profession has become!

http://gersontreatment.com/natural-cancer-treat/

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                This is just wrong:

I have a child with cancer. Can I bring them down for treatment?
                This is a VERY sensitive question. It is illegal in the United States to treat cancer with anything other than chemotherapy, radiation and surgery! Your child is actually considered an entity of the state up until they are 18 years of age. Therefore, children under 18 are FORCED to do chemotherapy and radiation. You see these battles in the press regularly between the State and parents where the State threatens to take the children away via Social Services and the parents go to jail if the parents refuse to do chemotherapy and radiation. DO NOT mention to your oncologist that you prefer to do a natural therapy as they will likely call Social Services IMMEDIATELY and you may lose your child. Our advice is that you feel out your oncologist very carefully to see if they would be willing to allow you to consider other “alternatives” (DO NOT BE SPECIFIC) and, if they are, you get them to legally sign something communicating that willingness to let you try something else. They may do this for you in cases where there is nothing else they can do for the child. I, personally, immediately upon diagnosis would disappear and do the Gerson Therapy somewhere I could not be found. We have watched many children die because they were forced to get chemo and radiation when they could have been saved with a natural therapy such as the Gerson Therapy. It is tragic at best and just goes to show you how corrupt the medical profession has become!

http://gersontreatment.com/natural-cancer-treat/
                Shameless. There are 2-3 chapters in the book I mention above about Cancer quacks. The stories just break your heart. This goes well beyond people messing around with herbs and getting a placebo effect. In this case, the quacks (and their political enablers) have blood on their hands. All to make money. It is evil.

"Of all the ghouls who feed on the bodies of the dead and dying, the cancer quacks are the most vicious and heartless." —Morris Fishbein, former editor of the Journal of the American Medical Association
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

I hate this bullshit.

Explaining to people why this type of stuff won't/doesn't work is tiresome. If it worked, the medical community would embrace it and use it.
                  Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

A friend just posted this on Facebook.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
                    "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

Comment

Originally posted by ewth8tr View Post

Barf...

Feel free to use my Morris Fishbein quote above.

Comment

Originally posted by ewth8tr View Post

That's funny. I saw something posted the other day about how 97% of terminal cancer patients have had a root canal. The heavy implication (maybe it was explicitly stated--i can't remember) was that root canals cause all kinds of medical problems, including cancer.

EDIT: found the link

http://www.realfarmacy.com/97-of-ter...tal-procedure/
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I like a lot of things Hatch has done and the political tone he has used but his mlm crap is awful. Being owned by that industry isn't better than being own by Mexican drug cartels.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                            Being owned by that industry isn't better than being own by Mexican drug cartels.
                            I respectfully disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              I respectfully disagree.
                              That's because you're the Heisenberg of the midwest. Everybody knows that.
                              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                                I respectfully disagree.
                                A person earns more money with the quack industry?
                                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X