No announcement yet.

Shame on Orrin Hatch - The Patron Saint of Quack Medicine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Hatch not announce until after Bear's Ears was decreased in order to play President Trump? I guess the almighty tax reform brouhaha was his crowning achievement and now he can ride off into his statesmanly retirement but there is a part of me who think the Don got played by the senile old fellar. President Trump knows that while Utah went his way, he is not universally beloved amongst conservative LDS folks. Obviously Frank's batshit crazy wing is gonna whine like the women of Srbrnca, taking their cues from all things Il Padrino, but I am a case in point as I did not vote for the man or there are actual relevant mormons such as Jeff Flake's example if I don't do it for you. Also, I think President Trump is a long way on the petty side of that wide and fuzzy line between whiny and petty. Further, with Mitt all but announcing he would run if Orrin did not and Mitt already being an outspoken critic of the President and from a state where the Mittster will not lose, like Flake would, for being such an outspoken critic paves the way for a Republican in the Senate to be critical of the President with impunity - or as much as a dude like the Mitt can muster. Hence, it was pretty clear how much President Trump wanted Orrin to stay and run again. So Orrin butters up a man who perches his flabby orange ass cheeks on a golden throne to get him on board with shrinking the Bears Ears Monument and once that is accomplished announces his retirement. I have no doubt Orrin is not leaving because of the accomplishments, he is retiring because he doesn't or thinks he can't do it anymore but I am convinced he held off his announcement to give the President as much incentive on the Bears Ears issue as possible. I also still think that President Trump is petty and am interested if the emperor will strike back!
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
      Did Hatch not announce until after Bear's Ears was decreased in order to play President Trump? I guess the almighty tax reform brouhaha was his crowning achievement and now he can ride off into his statesmanly retirement but there is a part of me who think the Don got played by the senile old fellar. President Trump knows that while Utah went his way, he is not universally beloved amongst conservative LDS folks. Obviously Frank's batshit crazy wing is gonna whine like the women of Srbrnca, taking their cues from all things Il Padrino, but I am a case in point as I did not vote for the man or there are actual relevant mormons such as Jeff Flake's example if I don't do it for you. Also, I think President Trump is a long way on the petty side of that wide and fuzzy line between whiny and petty. Further, with Mitt all but announcing he would run if Orrin did not and Mitt already being an outspoken critic of the President and from a state where the Mittster will not lose, like Flake would, for being such an outspoken critic paves the way for a Republican in the Senate to be critical of the President with impunity - or as much as a dude like the Mitt can muster. Hence, it was pretty clear how much President Trump wanted Orrin to stay and run again. So Orrin butters up a man who perches his flabby orange ass cheeks on a golden throne to get him on board with shrinking the Bears Ears Monument and once that is accomplished announces his retirement. I have no doubt Orrin is not leaving because of the accomplishments, he is retiring because he doesn't or thinks he can't do it anymore but I am convinced he held off his announcement to give the President as much incentive on the Bears Ears issue as possible. I also still think that President Trump is petty and am interested if the emperor will strike back!
      As on most topics, you are right on target with this post. I shall enjoy watching Mitt annoy the Drumpftster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
        Did Hatch not announce until after Bear's Ears was decreased in order to play President Trump? I guess the almighty tax reform brouhaha was his crowning achievement and now he can ride off into his statesmanly retirement but there is a part of me who think the Don got played by the senile old fellar. President Trump knows that while Utah went his way, he is not universally beloved amongst conservative LDS folks. Obviously Frank's batshit crazy wing is gonna whine like the women of Srbrnca, taking their cues from all things Il Padrino

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
          He has a staffer that does it for him. The staffer is a smart fellow. Definitely a troll.
          That guy is pretty good.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• It's a pretty good follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
              He seems a little senile these days, what with saying Trump May be the greatest POTUS ever.
              Uh....

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Uh....

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Haha.

That Hatch twitter dude is great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Uh....

Comment

• That grabbing the non-existent glasses thing is funny - but it isn't like I haven't been there myself. He just got caught on camera.

I don't wear my glasses all of the time, so that one is more rare for me. I'm actually more likely to have a phantom cell phone vibration in my pocket when the phone is sitting on the desk in front of me - but I still grab for my pocket thinking it's the phone. Weird, I know, but it happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                        That grabbing the non-existent glasses thing is funny - but it isn't like I haven't been there myself. He just got caught on camera.

I don't wear my glasses all of the time, so that one is more rare for me. I'm actually more likely to have a phantom cell phone vibration in my pocket when the phone is sitting on the desk in front of me - but I still grab for my pocket thinking it's the phone. Weird, I know, but it happens.
                        Since I started wearing reading glasses I've caught myself doing this as well. The cell phone thing gets me too.

Comment

• For 25 years, the last thing I did before closing my eyes to sleep was take my glasses off and put them on the nightstand next to my alarm clock (so I could put them on and read the damn numbers when I woke up). After getting corrective eye surgery two years ago, I grabbed for my non-existent glasses every night for several months. It was bizarre.

Comment

• Hatch's ex-chief of staff, who went on to work for Trump has been shit canned after allegations of physical abuse. Sounds like he has a temper.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-of-abuse.html

Comment

• Where’s that smart anonymous Twitter handler when you I need him?

”I encouraged [Porter] to keep a stiff upper lip and work out his problems," Hatch told reporters, according to CBS News. "And I would prefer him not to resign, just work his way through and do what's right.”
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                                Where’s that smart anonymous Twitter handler when you I need him?
                                Yeah, do what's right, like not perpetrate violence on other people, especially the women in your life.

Hope Hicks is dodging a bullet.
                                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                                X