Shame on Orrin Hatch - The Patron Saint of Quack Medicine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
    So because she allegedly spoke about having sex with multiple partners at the same time while in high school, and that she allegedly spoke of enjoying multiple partners at the same time in the 90s, it makes her less credible that she was assaulted? The fact that she allegedly had what her dad referred to as "psychological problems" it means that she was not assaulted? To me these "facts" point to it being more likely that she was assaulted by somebody, not less likely. In any case, it is a pretty disgusting display of victim shaming.
    Agreed.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      This is insanity. There is no good way to spin that tweet.

And repeating what that poor dad allegedly said about his daughter? Bloody hell.
      Thats pretty bad, I agree. but I don't think Hatch added anything that wasn't already out there in the public record. Look, I dont like any of this stuff. But I dont see anything in hatch's office's tweet that justifies calling him a piece of shit or the like. I would a pox on all their houses but, sadly enough, it is our house too.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

So because she allegedly spoke about having sex with multiple partners at the same time while in high school, and that she allegedly spoke of enjoying multiple partners at the same time in the 90s, it makes her less credible that she was assaulted? The fact that she allegedly had what her dad referred to as "psychological problems" it means that she was not assaulted? To me these "facts" point to it being more likely that she was assaulted by somebody, not less likely. In any case, it is a pretty disgusting display of victim shaming.
        Hatch was way too eager to do the whole she's not as pure and virginal as the white driven snow, so she couldn't have been raped bullshit. Orrin really has taken a supersized shit on his former reputation as a statesman capable of bipartisanship. Trump derangement syndrome has gotten to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
          So this guy reaches out to Hatch. He then prepares a written statement (which has substantially more detail and specific information than any allegation against Kavanaugh to date) that he provides to the Judiciary Committee and which is posted publicly at the judiciary committee website (I assume you followed the link?). After this document is posted with a public link Hatch's office tweets out the info and includes the link. Is there anything there that says it hasn't been or won't be given to the FBI? Isn't gathering information also a function of the committee (spoiler alert: Yes, it is)? So what, exactly, did Hatch do that was so horrible? Tweeting out the fact that the guy's statement was linked on the committee website?

Maybe I am missing some info, and maybe it was Hatch alone that caused this. But that's not what it looks like.
          You are missing something. Here is something that you are missing, a Senator of the United States just tweeted irrelevant character details about someone who came forward with a sexual abuse allegation. None of what this guy says is relevant (and yes I read the entire statement). It is this type of behavior that often prevents sexual abuse victims from coming forward.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
            Hatch is playing cheerleader and throwing more gas onto what is already a disgusting circus. It is propaganda, designed to move public opinion. This is a ridiculous hill to mount a typical Creekster semantics argument on.

And please stop insinuating I think Hatch is 'horrible' or a 'POS'. I didn't say either.
            You did not say that. Funkhouse did. Nothing about Hatch's tweet was false or inaccurate. It is only propaganda, if at all, in the narrowest and most benign sense. If you want to argue about this being improper as a process, I would likely agree with you. But to accuse Hatch of doing something wrong by this tweet after it is already public and in light of all the material published in the WaPo and NYT and elsewhere is not justified. I don't think it is semantics. But if you feel good about discarding it that way, go ahead.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              Hatch is playing cheerleader and throwing more gas onto what is already a disgusting circus. It is propaganda, designed to move public opinion. This is a ridiculous hill to mount a typical Creekster semantics argument on.

And please stop insinuating I think Hatch is 'horrible' or a 'POS'. I didn't say either.
              I blame the Dems for turning this hearing into a circus. They have taught the public a new form of mccarthyism. If there is someone they don’t agree with they start calling them racists, nazis, sexists, and now accuse them of being gang rapists, sexual abusers, alcoholics, ice throwers, and so on without any proof of such. Yes, indeed, Dems are disgusting for pulling this last second “hail mary”, creating sexual McCarthyism, and destroying people’s lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Exactly. No one should be surprised though that Orrin Hatch is all over this.
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                  You are missing something. Here is something that you are missing, a Senator of the United States just tweeted irrelevant character details about someone who came forward with a sexual abuse allegation. None of what this guy says is relevant (and yes I read the entire statement). It is this type of behavior that often prevents sexual abuse victims from coming forward.
                  He tweeted a link to a document sent to the Judiciary Committee, and acknowledged that Ketterer reached out to the Judiciary Committee via Hatch's office (the man is a constituent of Hatch).

Seems like if you are angry, you should be angry at Ketterer, or the Judiciary Committee as a whole, or the process entirely. But instead you limit your wrath to Hatch, because he fits your profile of a P.O.S. and you'd like to advance that narrative.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• What was the purpose of the tweet? How does Hatch typically utilize twitter?
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      He tweeted a link to a document sent to the Judiciary Committee, and acknowledged that Ketterer reached out to the Judiciary Committee via Hatch's office (the man is a constituent of Hatch).

Seems like if you are angry, you should be angry at Ketterer, or the Judiciary Committee as a whole, or the process entirely. But instead you limit your wrath to Hatch, because he fits your profile of a P.O.S. and you'd like to advance that narrative.

The Dems need to look on the bright side... this will give the FBI a couple of more witnesses to interview: Mr. Ketterer and the father of Julie Swetnick's father (to get it first hand that his daughter is crazy). This will delay a vote for maybe a day more.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

What was the purpose of the tweet? How does Hatch typically utilize twitter?
                        To communicate this information to the FBI and get their attention.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                            There is no way you can conclude it is or is not relevant until you have heard what the alleged victim has said in other settings, and you know it. It will almost certainly go to credibility and if she was lying about something, then this statement would be relevant. Should it have been made public? I don't think ANY of this crap should be made public. But Hatch's tweet, at most, repeated something.

Personally I tend to think Swetnick has some serious issues (based upon what I have read, this statement included) and I think that all of this stuff should have been handled confidentially if at all possible, rather than to serve as a democratic political ploy or an Avenatti self-promotion. But, if this is how it is being handled, the fact that hatch tweets something that is already public and disseminated really doesnt move my meter much.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I'm sure he would have tweeted something that was incriminating about Kavanaugh.

Hatch engaged in classic victim blaming and he made the decision to call specific attention to this irrelevant bullshit through summarizing it and tweeting about it. I'm no criminal attorney, but I'm pretty sure that most rape shield laws would have kept this type of information out of court.

If Hatch gave a shit about half his constituents (women), he wouldn't have called attention to this. Come forward with a sexual abuse allegation have your sexual history tweeted by a Senator. Great look there Hatch. I'm sure that is going to encourage sexual abuse victims to come forward. It is dirty politics on Hatch's part.

If it makes you feel better, based on this letter I think Ketterer is a piece of shit too.
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                To communicate this information to the FBI and get their attention.
                                Hatch communicates to the FBI through twitter? Seems a bit inefficient. The FBI won't pay attention to a phone call from a Senator? (I know, as always, you were being sarcastic)
                                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Working...
                                X