No announcement yet.

Shame on Orrin Hatch - The Patron Saint of Quack Medicine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good friend of mine who has been a solid Republican his whole life is finished with the party over Moore. He's all over Facebook saying that he is now an independent.
    We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
      A good friend of mine who has been a solid Republican his whole life is finished with the party over Moore. He's all over Facebook saying that he is now an independent.
      I'm surprised he survive Bush and Drumpf.

It was Hatch that turned me off from the Republican Party. When he was serious about letting companies to install malware that would damage people's computers to stop piracy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Should, or should not, there be some kind of formal finding against him? Whether that's by the Senate after he's elected, or whatever, it seems like we need something more than unsworn testimony to convict the guy.

FTR, I believe the women. I don't think he's fit for the Senate. But let's make it official. Maybe that's the Republicans' best bet right now. Work behind the scenes to get him elected (because he's too stupid to drop out and Alabamans are too stupid to force him to), and then refuse to seat him once he's elected. Maybe then they can have the Governor of Alabama appoint another republican to fill his seat. You've got to admit, the Republican Party is in a no-win situation right now in Alabama.
        Only if you consider acting with integrity to be a losing situation.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

A good friend of mine who has been a solid Republican his whole life is finished with the party over Moore. He's all over Facebook saying that he is now an independent.
          Lol. This is what did it? That’s funny.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            I'm surprised he survive Bush and Drumpf.

It was Hatch that turned me off from the Republican Party. When he was serious about letting companies to install malware that would damage people's computers to stop piracy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            He was OK with Bush and was trying to endure 45 on Hillary Hate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Only if you consider acting with integrity to be a losing situation.
              Integrity? We're taking about politicians.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

He was OK with Bush and was trying to endure 45 on Hillary Hate.
                Was he a frequent poster to this fair message board?

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                  Was he a frequent poster to this fair message board?
                  No. He's a little too "Truman Madsen" for CS. He does go to Times and Seasons, but can't stand Meridian Magazine.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    Integrity? We're taking about politicians.
                    Ahem...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/04/politi...ore/index.html

Republican former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney slammed Republican Senate nominee Roy Moore of Alabama, rebuking the candidate accused of sexual assault and harassment on the same day President Donald Trump embraced him.

"Roy Moore in the US Senate would be a stain on the GOP and on the nation. Leigh Corfman and other victims are courageous heroes. No vote, no majority is worth losing our honor, our integrity," Romney tweeted Monday in reference to the women who have come forward accusing Moore of sexual assault and harassment.

Comment

• So will Romney primary Hatch if Hatch listens to Trump?

Comment

• Have I missed any discussion of the United Utah party on here? They got close to 10% of the vote in the special election which isn't bad considering the party was thrown together a few months ago.

Short of Mitt Romney running for them, I don't know that they will ever win any seats, but if they put pressure on Utah to reform redistricting and other procedures that has in the past moved the parties to the extreme, that would be great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                          With a Steve Bannon endorsement there is no way Hatch will lose to RMoney...

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...in-utah-report
                          I don't think Bannon or Hatch are more popular in Utah than Romney.

Comment

• Hatch issued some statement trying to "clarify" what he said/meant. Says that he "meant to say" was that it was a long time ago - and we don't know if the allegations are true or not. So it's up to the folks of Alabama to determine. Um...OK.

I tend to believe the allegations. And at a time when we've got people leaving positions due to their history of sexual misconduct, it's disappointing and disheartening to see someone on the verge of winning an election with that stain hanging over them.

I'm pretty apathetic when it comes to Hatch. He's been there long enough he's bound to have done some bad and some good. I'm among those who thinks he should retire and not run again, and is likely to vote against him in a primary, but prefers him to Jenny Wilson.

Utah is interesting. Most people think Hatch shouldn't run again, but would vote for him over Wilson. Many more would be excited by a Romney run. I think Romney easily beats anyone else running - no matter who else decided to join.

And I can see why Trump is encouraging Hatch to run again - because I'm sure he would HATE having to deal with Romney in Congress. Hopefully Hatch can see through the smoke Trump is blowing up his backside and recognize that his time has passed and he will be leaving things in good hands with Romney.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                              Hatch issued some statement trying to "clarify" what he said/meant. Says that he "meant to say" was that it was a long time ago - and we don't know if the allegations are true or not. So it's up to the folks of Alabama to determine. Um...OK.

I tend to believe the allegations. And at a time when we've got people leaving positions due to their history of sexual misconduct, it's disappointing and disheartening to see someone on the verge of winning an election with that stain hanging over them.

I'm pretty apathetic when it comes to Hatch. He's been there long enough he's bound to have done some bad and some good. I'm among those who thinks he should retire and not run again, and is likely to vote against him in a primary, but prefers him to Jenny Wilson.

Utah is interesting. Most people think Hatch shouldn't run again, but would vote for him over Wilson. Many more would be excited by a Romney run. I think Romney easily beats anyone else running - no matter who else decided to join.

And I can see why Trump is encouraging Hatch to run again - because I'm sure he would HATE having to deal with Romney in Congress. Hopefully Hatch can see through the smoke Trump is blowing up his backside and recognize that his time has passed and he will be leaving things in good hands with Romney.
                              uh...yathink?

Comment

• Hatch vs. Romney would be interesting. Would love to see Romney obliterate him.

Comment

Working...
                                X