Omaha. Somewhere in the Middle of America: The Business Travel Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    Wilmington is one of the more depressing cities I have stayed in. Just empty and decaying. It doesn't appear to have experienced any of the revitalization that many city centers have in the past decade. But I've only been a couple times.

I have been on a decent run for business travel. Long Beach and New York twice last month. Chicago next week, New York and Portland, Maine next month (during peak fall foliage!). I can deal with these trips. Cleveland and Albany are lurking as possibilities though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    No one has hit me up for Wilmington restaurant recommendations yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
      pretty good applebees there
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
        pretty good applebees there
        Not within walking distance of downtown hotels, there isn't!!

Comment

Hey, I've actually been there before. We lived just up the road in West Chester. It was the happening place back then (42 years ago). Not sure what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
            Hey, I've actually been there before. We lived just up the road in West Chester. It was the happening place back then (42 years ago). Not sure what happened.
            West Chester is very nice. That's where my boss lives.

Comment

Not within walking distance of downtown hotels, there isn't!!
              The Chelsea Tavern is good.
              "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                The Chelsea Tavern is good.
                Not bad. I've eaten there (I've eaten pretty much everywhere in downtown Wilmington). My two favorites are:

Domaine Hudson
                La Fia

You're welcome, Wilmington visitors.

Comment

Portland, ME for the next two days followed by the weekend on Long Island (Westbury) and Manhattan next week.

I have NY covered but this is my first time to Portland. Restaurant recommendations would be welcome. I'm not a big lobster guy but I guess I'm supposed to eat it here?

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                    Portland, ME for the next two days followed by the weekend on Long Island (Westbury) and Manhattan next week.

I have NY covered but this is my first time to Portland. Restaurant recommendations would be welcome. I'm not a big lobster guy but I guess I'm supposed to eat it here?
                    I went to two very good places: Gilbert's Chowder House and Eventide Oyster Co. Gilbert's is very casual, more of a diner feel. We split a huge fried seafood platter which was very good. I also got the clam chowder which was some of the best I have ever had. Eventide seemed more hipster and was definitely more pricey but still very good. Their lobster roll was incredible but also incredibly small; I would have needed 3 to fill me up. Also had the chowder at Eventide and it was amazing. So portland has good seafood, guys. You're welcome.

Comment

I love it when a thread comes full circle. As fortune would have it, I'll be in Omaha next week for about 24 hours. Looking forward to eating my first delicious Omaha steak (which will be a contrast to all of the mediocre Omaha steaks from my in-laws' freezer I've eaten over the years. Don't tell my FIL, though. He's convinced that is some top-notch meat). Can anyone recommend a spot?
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        I love it when a thread comes full circle. As fortune would have it, I'll be in Omaha next week for about 24 hours. Looking forward to eating my first delicious Omaha steak (which will be a contrast to all of the mediocre Omaha steaks from my in-laws' freezer I've eaten over the years. Don't tell my FIL, though. He's convinced that is some top-notch meat). Can anyone recommend a spot?
                        I sampled a few places in Omaha when I was there for the BYU game... One place, I was told, is Warren Buffet's favorite. Another place was near the stockyards so you know it was fresh (I recall if they served it tartare style). Nether place was that good so I didn't bother remembering their names.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

You should sample a Runza while in Omaha. Just to make your trip to Nebraska complete. I am not sure why the locals love those.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                            I sampled a few places in Omaha when I was there for the BYU game... One place, I was told, is Warren Buffet's favorite. Another place was near the stockyards so you know it was fresh (I recall if they served it tartare style). Nether place was that good so I didn't bother remembering their names.
                            McDonald's?
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              You should sample a Runza while in Omaha. Just to make your trip to Nebraska complete. I am not sure why the locals love those.
                              cabbage burgers with a very unfortunate name
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                                McDonald's?
                                Gorat's, I'm guessing.
                                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Working...
                                X