Television 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
    You taped it? With a VCR? Anyway. Great series, up until the most recent season, which was a bore.
    I wasn't sure if DVR was a verb.
    "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
      Sounds like we might be getting alot more Dewey Crowe.
      How can you not love Dewey Crowe? Hard to believe the actor who plays him is Australian.

Last edited by Non Sequitur; 01-02-2014, 03:59 PM.
      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
        How can you not love Dewey Crowe? Hard to believe the actor who plays him is Australian.

Who said I didn't like Dewey Crowe? He is one of the best characters on the show. I wrote that as a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
          Who said I didn't like Dewey Crowe? He is one of the best characters on the show. I wrote that as a good thing.
          I meant it rhetorically. Sorry if I gave the impression you didn't like him.

Comment

Super stoked for Justified! I think Vikings should be starting up pretty soon as well.
            "Remember to double tap"

Comment

The 1st season of Vikings was bad ass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                The 1st season of Vikings was bad ass

Viking Quest?
                #Victory! #JohnnyDrama

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                  Viking Quest?
                  #Victory! #JohnnyDrama
                  #nerd #nerdalert!

I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                    Viking Quest?
                    #Victory! #JohnnyDrama
                    The only show worth watching in this thread
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

In honor of tonight's Justified premiere:

http://youtu.be/0pvu17_qd-4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

TLC's new series: Sex Sent me to the ER. First up: fractured penis, involving a fistfight between wife and girlfriend- right there in the ER. Next up: 440 lb virgin.
                        Last edited by Katy Lied; 01-08-2014, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Watched one of my favorite shows last night: The Taste. Anthony Bourdain created it, and it's kind of like American Idol with chefs. If you like food, you should check it out.

Comment

I've watched this a few times and it's just so strange for me to see Bourdain in this format. Doesn't seem right to me for some reason.
                            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

I watched the second episode of Sherlock's third season, still really good.

There's a french show called The Returned that was broadcast by Sundance this past fall. For those that don't have the Sundance channel, I believe Channel 4 (it's a British TV Network) has it available on demand if you download that Chrome extension I mentioned above. I've only seen four episodes of it, but it's a really interesting show as long as you can deal with the subtitles. It takes some of its cues from Lost (the good aspects of it), albeit with a totally different plot and it doesn't have to bloat up to 20+ episodes in a season.

A huge advantage of American cable shows and European shows over traditional American network TV is they can tell the story they want to tell and not deal with the demands of 20+ episode seasons. I've heard the people behind 24 say they really only had enough material to make 12 or so really good episodes instead of the requisite 24 episodes. Fox is starting to incorporate the cable/European model more and they're bringing back 24 but with only 13 episodes.

Additionally, Fox is adapting the British show Broadchurch and I believe it's only running for 13 episodes or less. Broadchurch was really, really good and the good news is that Fox's version looks like it has an excellent cast -- David Tennant, the male lead on the British Broadchurch and more well known as one of the recent Doctor Whos, will be reprising his role in the American version. Anna Gunn, aka Skyler White, is the female lead. Nick Nolte is one of the main supporting characters.
                              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                                I've watched this a few times and it's just so strange for me to see Bourdain in this format. Doesn't seem right to me for some reason.
                                Bourdain = sell out. I guess flying around the world and experiencing different cultures and food wasn't enough for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X