No announcement yet.

2014 Resolutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donuthole has the best resolution of all, next to the Dude's.

I now prefer turkey bacon to pork bacon, but any bacon is better than no bacon.

Whereas it is in the best interests of Topper, it is hereby resolved that

Topper shall spend more time on exotic beaches,
    shall eat more turkey bacon,
    shall find exercise as pleasant and pleasurable as it once was before,

and furthermore shall take pleasure and delight in all things restful and energetic, and even enjoy a BYU game for once.

It is so resolved.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

I don't intend to report monthly, but given an opportunity for a self-aggrandizing post while encouraging others to stick with their resolutions, I'll take it. I'm on pace--ahead, actually--to reach Bar Harbor, Maine before the end of the year. I rode and ran more this past month than any January in my life (thanks in part to the devastating drought--why not take advantage?), despite having my busiest month professionally in 3+ years. I've ridden 370 miles and run 70 miles, and slept last night in Battle Mountain, NV. I'll be in Salt Lake City for Valentines Day. CJF, I hope you can see my diminishing backside.

Comment

Wow, that is fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

I did a spin class with my wife this morning. My ass is already sore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            I don't intend to report monthly, but given an opportunity for a self-aggrandizing post while encouraging others to stick with their resolutions, I'll take it. I'm on pace--ahead, actually--to reach Bar Harbor, Maine before the end of the year. I rode and ran more this past month than any January in my life (thanks in part to the devastating drought--why not take advantage?), despite having my busiest month professionally in 3+ years. I've ridden 370 miles and run 70 miles, and slept last night in Battle Mountain, NV. I'll be in Salt Lake City for Valentines Day. CJF, I hope you can see my diminishing backside.
            You don't have to ask me twice. Nice work.

I was going to post in this thread on the 1st also. I'm on my way. I signed up for a 10k in May. I start training tomorrow. I'm excited to cross this off the list.
            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Nice work PAC! It's fun to see your workouts on Strava. Keep it up!
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I've officially lost 40 pounds. When asked, I've been telling people I've lost 40 pounds, even though it was really 37 or 38, but its official now. I'm 2/3 of the way to my goal of 60. I hope the change in body shape doesn't mess up my golf swing. Which is another thing. I did this with out golfing and walking the course. I can't wait to see my new endurance on the back nine.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                  I've officially lost 40 pounds. When asked, I've been telling people I've lost 40 pounds, even though it was really 37 or 38, but its official now. I'm 2/3 of the way to my goal of 60. I hope the change in body shape doesn't mess up my golf swing. Which is another thing. I did this with out golfing and walking the course. I can't wait to see my new endurance on the back nine.
                  Nice work, clack.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

That's awesome. I predict that your change in body shape will benefit your golfing more than Taysom Hill's extra muscles harm his ability to throw a football.

Comment

Nice going Clack. I don't see how losing the weight could do anything but help your golf game.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                        Nice going Clack. I don't see how losing the weight could do anything but help your golf game.
                        fwiw... I've now lost 54 pounds, and am only 6 pounds away from my 60 pound goal. Unlike Indy there's no stress involved, and my eating choices and proportions are well under control. I feel like a new person.

Comment

fwiw... I've now lost 54 pounds, and am only 6 pounds away from my 60 pound goal. Unlike Indy there's no stress involved, and my eating choices and proportions are well under control. I feel like a new person.
                          Very impressive. How has this affected your golf game, other than attracting the attentions of the snack cart girl?

I'll still working my way across the country, having cyber-rolled into North Platte, NE, with this morning's ride. I should reach Chicago around the end of June.

Comment

I did play with Husky on a rainy April day, and the front was atrocious as I hooked everything, but on the back I figured it out and hit it straighter. It wasn't my home course and it was colder and wet, so my yardage wasn't summertime true, but I have to think I've lost some yardage. Age, and all factor in too.
                            Last edited by clackamascoug; 04-21-2014, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Good work and hats off to you, Clack. That takes commitment and consistency.
                              “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                              ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                              -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                              --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

I had a goal to run 1000 miles this year. Hit that this morning. Uped the goal to 1200 for the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X