Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2014 Resolutions

Quote Originally Posted by Blueintheface View Post
    Finally hit my goal today: 185 lbs.

Started this journey 14 months ago at 320.

52in waist to a 36.
    4XL shirt to XL-L.

I've never worked so hard at anything in my life (those were not the best two years, btw ).

Our trip to Disneyworld next week should actually be fun this time. Yay for me :/
    Good for you, it's hard to lose weight.

I used to weigh about 340. I am down to 255, but would like to get another 25-30 off.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Douger View Post
    Good for you, it's hard to lose weight.

I used to weigh about 340. I am down to 255, but would like to get another 25-30 off.
    Nice. It's tough.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

52in waist to a 36.
    4XL shirt to XL-L.

I've never worked so hard at anything in my life (those were not the best two years, btw ).

Our trip to Disneyworld next week should actually be fun this time. Yay for me :/
    Pretty awesome.

Wow. Nice work, bitf.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Wow. That's impressive. Keep it up.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Great work BITF! Major accomplishment, be proud of yourself.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Good job, Blue.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

52in waist to a 36.
    4XL shirt to XL-L.

Wow. Congratulations.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Thanks, guys.

Now I've just got to remember the race isn't over, especially with my propensity for overindulgence.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Way to go, BITF. Very impressive.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Major kudos, BITF. Imagine 135 pounds of fat on the table. Or don't, but that's a lot of weight to shed, no doubt the result of a lot of hard work and commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Major kudos, BITF. Imagine 135 pounds of fat on the table. Or don't, but that's a lot of weight to shed, no doubt the result of a lot of hard work and commitment.
    My wife has thought of having me committed several times over the past year, yes.

My 15 year-old daughter weighs 110 lbs and to think I have lost more than she weighs is really staggering. For those of you who struggle like I do, just know that if this normally unmotivated nobody can do it, ANYONE can.
    Last edited by Blueintheface; 03-16-2016 at 11:20 PM.

From a guy who has no control when it comes to eating, I can't tell you how impressive that is. Good job.
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

My wife has thought of having me committed several times over the past year, yes.

My 15 year-old daughter weighs 110 lbs and to think I have lost more than she weighs is really staggering. For those of you who struggle like I do, just know that if this normally unmotivated nobody can do it, ANYONE can.
    So how did you do it?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

I think the heaviest pack I ever carried around on long backpacking trips was around 60 pounds. I'll always remember the incredible sense of relief I felt after dropping the pack at the end of a day's hike. You essentially dropped more than two of those packs, and it has to feel awfully good, while the prospect of putting them back on will likely be enough of a deterrent to help you keep them off.

Thanks, guys.

Now I've just got to remember the race isn't over, especially with my propensity for overindulgence.
    So did you use HCG the entire time? Or did you do something different?
    *Banned*

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    So how did you do it?
    Really just diet and exercise. I also had to take it in small increments. I never looked past small realistic goals, mostly of physical activity and calorie counting, which obviously correlated with the weight loss.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I think the heaviest pack I ever carried around on long backpacking trips was around 60 pounds. I'll always remember the incredible sense of relief I felt after dropping the pack at the end of a day's hike. You essentially dropped more than two of those packs, and it has to feel awfully good, while the prospect of putting them back on will likely be enough of a deterrent to help you keep them off.
    I surely hope so. My desire for the really bad stuff has waned fortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    So did you use HCG the entire time? Or did you do something different?
    Are those your mother's initials?

Really just diet and exercise. I also had to take it in small increments. I never looked past small realistic goals, mostly of physical activity and calorie counting, which obviously correlated with the weight loss.

I surely hope so. My desire for the really bad stuff has waned fortunately.

Are those your mother's initials?
    Huh? So I ask a sincere question and you come back like a dick head. Cool. You said earlier 1100 calories and vitamins so I assumed that was HCG. I have known people who have done that for a short period so I was curious if you did it the entire time.
    *Banned*

Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Huh? So I ask a sincere question and you come back like a dick head. Cool. You said earlier 1100 calories and vitamins so I assumed that was HCG. I have known people who have done that for a short period so I was curious if you did it the entire time.
    Ha! Right.

Thanks, guys.

201 as of this morning.

I always seem to gain weight in the summer which seems to me to be counter intuitive. Football season is also rough.

Ok, a not-so humblebrag...175. I haven’t been at this weight since high school maybe even junior high. Feels pretty good. Played 18 at Soldier Hollow and now we’re headed to the Pride Festival. 4-5 years ago I’d have needed a defibrillator and 3 days of rest. Feels pretty good.

At one point I think my goal was like 160-165 but I’m tired, dammit!

Congrats — that’s amazing and rare to get that much weight off and maintain it.

Wow. That is very impressive. Way to go.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

320 to 175 is insane
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Thanks. It has been very, very difficult to do this without resorting to medical assistance and/or insanity. Mrs BIFL has had great success and continues to do well in the years since her gastric surgery. All told she has lost 60 lbs and is currently a size 8. I didn’t think, and I still don’t, that she needed it but it’s hard to argue with the results

For me, it still takes so much work to maintain that I consider myself a recovering food-coholic. It’s been a few years so I’m hoping I’ve beaten this.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    320 to 175 is insane
    anything to 320 is also insane.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Congrats on the weight loss - be careful though, it is really hard to keep off - I speak from experience. When I first joined this site, I had just lost 137 lbs - I got down it 163 (Ya'll can do the arthimatic)I was unable to maintain that weight ( Some events happened and I started to stress eat). I went up to 235lbs and I am currently at 205. I really need to get back down to 180, but it it seems to be harder than the first time I lost the weight

Once again good luck and congrats - I am impressed
    Last edited by happyone; 06-06-2018 at 03:59 PM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."