• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
    I want (need) to learn Cantonese.
    Awesome goal!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Not make any resolutions.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Suck less than I did last year.
        "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Not make any resolutions.
          Oh brother.

Comment

Eat more bacon.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
              Oh brother.
              Hey, did I criticize your resolutions?
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                Eat more bacon.
                Hey, this is one I might be able to get behind.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  Eat more bacon.
                  I hereby give up my other resolution and adopt this one.
                  Not that, sickos.

Comment

1. To run a half marathon.
                    2. To lose fifty pounds in the process of training for and running said half marathon.
                    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
                      1. Lose 50 lbs
                      2. Break 80
                      3. Grow business by 100%
                      4. Go back to school
                      5. Build something
                      6. Be more involved.
                      Knocked that 2013 resolution out of the park!
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                        Knocked that 2013 resolution out of the park!
                        True, but it happened in 2014...so not sure it counts.
                        "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                          2. To lose fifty forty pounds in the process of training for and running said half marathon.
                          ditto.
                          I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

2. To lose 25 fifty pounds in the process of training for and running said half marathon.
                            Ditto.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

2. To lose fifty pounds in the process of training for and running said half marathon.
                              Ditto.

Comment

I have spent a lot of time thinking about what I would like to accomplish in 2014, some of mine feel somewhat pedestrian compared to others in this thread. I do hope that people will bump this thread and update the progress on the goals.

Run over 800 miles
                                Shoot 4 rounds below 88
                                Finish a triathlon
                                Finish a half marathon
                                Weigh in at <230 on December 19, 2014
                                Read 15 books
                                Keep my garage clean and organized
                                Not swear in front of my kids

At the risk of sounding like a churchy kinda guy, I really enjoyed Uchtdorf's article in the January Ensign about setting goals. Especially this thought

Originally posted by Ucht
                                Another thing we need to remember when it comes to setting goals is this: We almost certainly will fail—at least in the short term. But rather than be discouraged, we can be empowered because this understanding removes the pressure of being perfect right now. It acknowledges from the beginning that at one time or another, we may fall short. Knowing this up front takes away much of the surprise and discouragement of failure.

When we approach our goals this way, failure doesn’t have to limit us. Remember, even if we fail to reach our ultimate, desired destination right away, we will have made progress along the road that will lead to it.

And that matters—it means a lot.

Even though we might fall short of our finish line, just continuing the journey will make us greater than we were before.

An old proverb says, “The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second-best time is now.”

There is something wonderful and hopeful about the word now. There is something empowering about the fact that if we choose to decide now, we can move forward at this very moment.

Now is the best time to start becoming the person we eventually want to be—not only 20 years from now but also for all eternity.
                                Get confident, stupid
                                -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                                X